Why am I so bad?

12 minutes ago, goldhollow said:

Is that something newer on the server I started playing in 2010 and I took years off from ultima that is so annoying makes me want to rethink playing here

I used to notice that during certain moments monsters would be in different places for your teammates

No, it’s always been on Ultima. It’s probably honestly better than it was in 2010 due to upgraded host quality and slightly cleaner code.

Enemies can “desync” and be in different places and doing different animations on different clients. This is present on EVERY form of PSO. 

2 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

No, it’s always been on Ultima. It’s probably honestly better than it was in 2010 due to upgraded host quality and slightly cleaner code.

Enemies can “desync” and be in different places and doing different animations on different clients. This is present on EVERY form of PSO. 

Oh OK I never really noticed it before I played with people that had dark flow etc Excalibur I really didn't want to go somewhere else i got decent gear in ultima

35 minutes ago, goldhollow said:

Is that something newer on the server I started playing in 2010 and I took years off from ultima that is so annoying makes me want to rethink playing here

I used to notice that during certain moments monsters would be in different places for your teammates

DMC is in every version of PSO. It's cause the game was made in the era of dial up internet. It's just part of the game

14 minutes ago, jdhenry124 said:

DMC is in every version of PSO. It's cause the game was made in the era of dial up internet. It's just part of the game

Oh OK I used to play on Dial up I used to live in a rural area and couldn't get high speed internet

On 6/24/2021 at 11:00 AM, topwing said:

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this. I play solo 99% of the time, largely because I don't know what I'm doing and feel bad asking for advice while people are trying to do stuff in game.

I'm level 181 (RAcast) but still consider myself very much a noob. I feel super underpowered. I have done almost all of my leveling by soloing TTF on very hard, because ultimate still wrecks me, and I just don't know why I'm still so bad.

So here's what I'm working with:

Spread Needle +40

Rianov 303SNR-2 +25

Gush Laser +25

Holiness Armor

Genpei

- God/Power

- God/Power

- Heavenly/Battle

- Heavenly/Arms

Kama (12/160/28/0)

I've also used over 100 power materials, so my stats are:

ATP: 1623 (1433 base)

DFP: 720 (467)

MST: 0

ATA: 269 (229)

EVP: 865 (576)

LCK: 10 (10)

Am I wrong for thinking I'm underpowered? Is there something I should be doing differently? There's so much I don't know about this game. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks a lot,

TW

Hey topwing has your play improved?

Hey topwing here is another noob tip when you are fighting monsters do as much damage as you can from the doorway then run back in the door and wait for the enemies to go back to their starting point make sure to repeat the process it's something that I do regularly

4 minutes ago, goldhollow said:

Hey topwing here is another noob tip when you are fighting monsters do as much damage as you can from the doorway then run back in the door and wait for the enemies to go back to their starting point make sure to repeat the process it's something that I do regularly

This is one of the slowest ways to play that will make all runs you’re in cumbersome. Don’t do this lol

54 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

This is one of the slowest ways to play that will make all runs you’re in cumbersome. Don’t do this lol

Don't you think from a noobs perspective that isn't really a bad strategy he did say he plays solo often and before I got arrest needle I had to use that strategy on ultimate 

18 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

I've been playing this game for almost 6 years semi-consistently and I'm still bad at the game lol

Lol don't forget to run in and out of doors only pro rangers without dark combo unlocked weapons and low hit do it the best

I definitely run out of rooms, lol. It is slow, but beats getting killed.

I think I'm improving. The main thing is that I've lowered expectations for myself. I realize that I have a ton of collecting and upgrading to do before I'll really be useful. Some of the stuff I've been told to work on is:

Sonic Team Armor

Red Ring

Spread Needle with good hit, then Arrest Needle

Centurion/Battle

Grind to level 200

I saw a mag that had 195 POW. Gotta figure that out.

I also saw a spread weapon that a lot of lvl 200s use with purple photon shots. Think I should find that one too.

Mobious helped me upgrade my armor a lot, so I'm using an Electro Frame and Standstill Shield now instead of the Holiness Armor and Genpei. He also showed me how to farm Add Slots, which is super useful. Good guy.

I think the biggest change I've made as a result of making this post is that I'm more confident about joining games with other players. Like you guys said, people are really nice about helping, and I've definitely learned a lot.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, topwing said:

I think I'm improving. The main thing is that I've lowered expectations for myself. I realize that I have a ton of collecting and upgrading to do before I'll really be useful. Some of the stuff I've been told to work on is:

Sonic Team Armor

Red Ring

Spread Needle with good hit, then Arrest Needle

Centurion/Battle

Grind to level 200

I saw a mag that had 195 POW. Gotta figure that out.

I also saw a spread weapon that a lot of lvl 200s use with purple photon shots. Think I should find that one too.

The Spread Needle with hit Into Arrest Needle's gotta be your first hope-filled step Into progress :D

If not wrong, If you're looking for the 195 POW mag I can assume you're building a RAcast Centurion/Arms plan? :onion-head49: (because that's good :onion120: ) aski g because If so, as a RAcast you can also aim for a hitless Panzer Faust, and upgrade It Into Iron Faust. (and If so, make sure It has some high % on at least 2 attributes. It's hard to get triple attributes Panzer Faust, and harder with hit% :onion-head82:

As for the Centurion Battle, If only you could run tower quests :"L {at the very least you should get yourself a Dress Plate frame and a Gratia shield to become Invulnerable to Megid :D }  that, or buy one for 25DTs :onion128:

(Along Cebatts there's also the psycho black crystal to create psycho ravens, which are the best male mechguns of the game ;)

As for the Sonicteam Armor... good luck >.< at least you will be ready to farm It In Episode 4 :onion-head63:

And finally, the" I'm-Pretty-sure-you-mean" TypeSH/Shot..... they are really useful when you add Hell or Demon special along hit%, but... Making one of those with max hit Is pricy :onion116: and hardly ever can you see anyone selling those :onion-head84:

Something easy to attempt to farm, outside of event, Is the Red Rong ( Rong Rong :onion-head09::onion92: ). It's tecnically the best shield of the game thanks to It's bonus 20 stats to all (ATA, especially :onion-head05: ) and you can use halo rappy souls to transform It Into costumes that can boost certain techniques range, or Increase resistance to darkness (etc. Forum Wiki exists ;)

3 minutes ago, Kotta said:

And finally, the" I'm-Pretty-sure-you-mean" TypeSH/Shot.....

He means Dark Meteor. :onion-head69:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 777 said:

He means Dark Meteor. :onion-head69:

( °_ʖ °)

-mentions the purple bullets

-refers to Dark Meteor

-doesn't even mention the cool green line attack

Sacrilege! :onion-head28:

How dare you mention Dark Meteor without Its cool special :onion-head07:

(also, assuming @777777777 Is not wrong :onion-head49:

That's.......... One of the most expensive stuff of the server, along Its other derivatives from the Parasitic Gene "Flow"  :onion-head19:

Not even a "good luck" will get you one. You would have to be VEEEEEERY Lucky to get one as much :onion-head43: (the drop rate Is just that ridiculous <_> even I haven't gotten one "LEGALLY speaking ;y" and soon It'll be my third attempt :onion115:

• Like 1