Error: The Request Was Aborted

Do you get this in the update dialog? If so, that's weird as it doesn't use SSL/TLS

Don't really know what to tell you, it might be your ISP intercepting the connection?
But the times that has happened I haven't seen this error.

• 11 months later...

Just a quick follow up to this. I had the same issue.

The game is playable without the extra downloads but causes issues relating to the following post:

I believe this might have something to do with the download site http://www.ultimapsobb.com/psobb/v1/update/files.txt

Just have to manually connect to the download site, select "proceed to the site," and retry the download. This fixed the download failure and also fixed the naming conventions.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Friend of mine is having the same issue, not sure how to fix it. When I try to open the link in the above post, I just get the wall of text. I don't know how I'm supposed to do the following instructions

On 5/30/2022 at 5:19 PM, Moliik said:

Just have to manually connect to the download site, select "proceed to the site," and retry the download. This fixed the download failure and also fixed the naming conventions.

If anyone has more detailed instructions I'd appreciate it.

5 hours ago, Laevennin said:

Friend of mine is having the same issue, not sure how to fix it. When I try to open the link in the above post, I just get the wall of text. I don't know how I'm supposed to do the following instructions

If anyone has more detailed instructions I'd appreciate it.

Try updating net frame work ,

internet options may be set high to connect with ssl this can be altered by 

Right clicking windows icon 

Search Internet Options

Security set level 

Under the Advance Tab you can see if SSL /TLS are enabled i use tls 1.2

• 2 weeks later...

Friend just now tried to launch the game after reinstalling windows, and he was able to update the launcher just fine, and log in once the game was launched. However, when he updated the game it required closing/reopening the game. After closing the game the same issue came up. So he updated his net framework and checked his SSL/TLS options and he too is using TLS 1.2, and the problem persists.

1 hour ago, Laevennin said:

Friend just now tried to launch the game after reinstalling windows, and he was able to update the launcher just fine, and log in once the game was launched. However, when he updated the game it required closing/reopening the game. After closing the game the same issue came up. So he updated his net framework and checked his SSL/TLS options and he too is using TLS 1.2, and the problem persists.

if he has reinstalled windows his folder is not exclude  re add the pso folder to antivirus exceptions

56 minutes ago, Laevennin said:

The message in question is the same as the OP of the thread, or is there some way we can get a more detailed message?

Then as Soly mentioned it most likely the isp blocking connection as they probably think you are on a share system like p2p , would maybe check that if isp have a fair usage policy in place

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2022 at 3:19 PM, Moliik said:

Just a quick follow up to this. I had the same issue.

The game is playable without the extra downloads but causes issues relating to the following post:

I believe this might have something to do with the download site http://www.ultimapsobb.com/psobb/v1/update/files.txt

I was having the same issue, when clicking on the link provided it showed that Comcast/Xfinity(my ISP) does indeed block this site. Going to it and clicking "Proceed anyway" will allow the Launcher to receive the update from here.

• 4 months later...
On 7/23/2023 at 8:48 AM, LumynahNexus said:

I was having the same issue, when clicking on the link provided it showed that Comcast/Xfinity(my ISP) does indeed block this site. Going to it and clicking "Proceed anyway" will allow the Launcher to receive the update from here.

This also worked for me!! 

paste ultimapsobb.com/psobb/v1/update/files.txt into the web address then select " Proceed anyway" once done you'll see all the code. close Web browser then open launcher again and it should work now. 

Seems like the issue is then ISPs blocking the site and allowing it to go through also unblocks it in the launcher.
I must say that this could stop working at any moment, if they change the way they track having unblocked a site.

So then to apply the fix people have been using here, copy and paste the following url into your browser, hit "proceed anyway" or any other action similar to that and reopen the launcher.
Note that opening the link pasted in other replies might not work properly.

http://www.ultimapsobb.com/psobb/v1/update/files.txt