Chao mags

42 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

Someone over on Destiny knows something we don't.  The  Twin Sato is a very old mag that was on Schthack back in the day, but I don't recognize either of the other two mags and if I didn't know any better that thing on the left pretty much looks exactly like what you've posted. I don't know which of their developers is responsible for this creation (my guess is shiva), but clearly they know something about this process. They've done a fuck load of object modeling beyond what any of other servers have done. I would check in with their developmental team. It's been historically very hard to get them to share literally anything that they may know about the game, but it's worth a shot. Worst case we know it's possible. 

Mag Cell Event - Events - Destiny PSOBB

Not sure what tools you're looking for, but I am sure they're all still available if you name drop them.

The 'dark chao' mag on the left is a reskinned regular Chao mag. The mag on the right is a reskinned Naga except two of them, similar to Twin Sato.

I know they have some sonic theme for an event and a 'new enemy' using a Robotnik model, but I was under the impression those were model replacements and not new models added into the game. Could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, Ender said:

The 'dark chao' mag on the left is a reskinned regular Chao mag. The mag on the right is a reskinned Naga except two of them, similar to Twin Sato.

I know they have some sonic theme for an event and a 'new enemy' using a Robotnik model, but I was under the impression those were model replacements and not new models added into the game. Could be wrong.

They've got all sorts of altered models. I have no idea about replacements vs. new. If you load into Forest 1 on a normal mode you'll see that it really doesn't even look like PSO. You fight some enemy called a Dora. For all I know though yeah they could just be replacements. 

In regards to those just being mags that already in the game then I don't see why we couldn't get some reskinned Chao mag on Ultima that have new color palettes. Maybe not quite as neat as the ones that are designed in the main post, but would be no problem to make new skins for the one currently in the game and give it triple invincibility with 55% or whatever.

If anyone wants to play with it, it uses texture 338.

Edited by Saber +7

2 hours ago, Sir Rendlan said:

what programs are you using?

These are from 3ds max 2022 I think the gifs are from blender (which I'd never used before) where I was trying to get the flame above the devil chao to work since it isn't an architectural design program like everything else I have available. 

2 hours ago, Sir Rendlan said:

I cant get any files from PSO into an editable format, which means you also could possibly not put it into formats that would be readable by PSO.

The body I used in those pics to roughly scale them is actually a model from Ultima I ripped using Noesis but I can't get them BACK into an .nj/nja format that pso will read as neither 3ds 2022 or blender can make them. From a looooooot of googling the only program I found that used to do it is 3ds max 2 and it is literally as old as psobb and I can't get my hands on it.

As an alternative solution for just these mags the SA2 models are already in .nj so (possibly) no formatting would be needed if anyone can get hold of the real game and lift their models just copy and paste with the help of some genius programmer? 😂

1 hour ago, Saber +7 said:

I don't know which of their developers is responsible for this creation (my guess is shiva)

It's been historically very hard to get them to share literally anything that they may know about the game, but it's worth a shot.

I've read a lot of shiva reddit which is how I learnt how to rip the (fomar?) body to use as a scale but nothing on modelling just skinning and ripping. As you say I guess the modelling stuff is kept private.

3DS max isn't really a modeling program

It would be Maya, and not only that Maya is absurdly expensive. Also in those images the UI is too old to be Maya or Blender.

An idea.

Blender is open source, as 3D objects go away and newer uses are used they get removed. Like currently blender supports FBX, OBJ, PMX, PMD, and Like 6 other common model files. 

So in other words grab a old enough blender version (yikes I barely even remember how to use 2.79b cus the controls changed in 2.8/9) but you could find a blender that supports the file type. Otherwise Sega used proprietary all the way through.

Correction 3DS max is a modeling program but not for use of video games.

There's reasons why but I'm not going into this because it'd take too damn long to explain model development. 

1 hour ago, Sir Rendlan said:

Correction 3DS max is a modeling program but not for use of video games.

Yeah it's part of my autodesk architecture package that I use to animate building construction but it's all I had and I know how to use it. 

There might be a blender extension but more research needed. If Maya can do it there's ways to "acquire" it without the money... not that I condone such things.

I'll have to keep looking for a program that can make it work I was just hoping someone already knew. The dream is still alive. 

1 hour ago, Sir Rendlan said:

Also in those images the UI is too old to be Maya or Blender.

They're all my screenshots the UI is 3ds max that's just a crop of the quad screen. 

18 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

They've got all sorts of altered models. I have no idea about replacements vs. new. If you load into Forest 1 on a normal mode you'll see that it really doesn't even look like PSO. You fight some enemy called a Dora. For all I know though yeah they could just be replacements. 

In regards to those just being mags that already in the game then I don't see why we couldn't get some reskinned Chao mag on Ultima that have new color palettes. Maybe not quite as neat as the ones that are designed in the main post, but would be no problem to make new skins for the one currently in the game and give it triple invincibility with 55% or whatever.

If anyone wants to play with it, it uses texture 338.

Almost all of their custom mags are re-skins i think.  You can tell by looking in the mag menu area.  For example "Nights into Dreams Mag" shows Gael Giel in the menu.  All their custom mags are also super easy to feed.  You feed the cell at lvl 50 on all except Twin Sato.  (twin sato feeds like normal sato).  Infinite mag feed also.