Chao mags

Hey all, so a while ago someone posted about putting some SA2 chaos in the game and I lifted that idea and put together a few models of the end game ones.

Mags.jpg.1e2bfd521589a14f559d0f26c5a7689d.jpg

They're a lot blocky mostly because I have no idea what the psobb poly count is like so I went with super old and crap 🤣 I can smooth them out a little if the game can handle better (I hate the angel one so so much). I couldn't get the flame or ball of light to work for the 2 on the right. 

OK, issues I have and the reason for the post; this is the first time modelling anything other than buildings for me and these are from 3ds max 2022 and I have no idea how to make them able to actually get in the game or turn them into .nj files.

I have no real idea how the pso modelling system even works so anyone who can shed light on that or help me would be appreciated. As well as if it's possible to animate them for the proc.

5blum3.gif.d22bf9fb215ebd1922673f0c898f1384.gif

These are just some 2 or 3 key frame ani ideas for what they could look like in my head but again no idea how feasible that is. (other movement suggestions welcome if I can get them to work)

1784077617_3typescrop.png.6e55e214ca801b964ae7405416bcafc6.png458088997_Positionscrop.png.2be9d06cb834ce0cc6c0d19d452b0f7f.png

So if I can make them work and the powers that be even want them in the game for us all to hopefully have more trips invincibility mags to use (please make them worth using 😂) I mocked up some positions for them as they hang out behind you but welcome other ideas for that too.

If it's not possible to get them into the game then that's fine but I've come as far as I can on my own so thought I'd reach out. 

Thanks for reading.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Grantz said:

I absolutely love this, ahhh I spent so much time in the chao garden as a kid without internet trying to raise those damn chaos chaos

I've never got so angry at a game like when one of them would die for no reason lol 

Dude absolutely nice job! Ive always wanted to see more chaos being implamented with unique attributes and what not. Ive finally seen someone take interest in one of the things I love most, chaos and sonic!

Heres the post I made, 

I really love what you made! Your truely amazing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SanicTeam said:

Dude absolutely nice job! Ive always wanted to see more chaos being implamented with unique attributes and what not. Ive finally seen someone take interest in one of the things I love most, chaos and sonic!

Heres the post I made, 

I really love what you made! Your truely amazing!

I knew I'd stolen the idea from someone 🤣 this literally all stems from that post and hopefully we both end up with what we need which is more chaos lol 

• Like 1

I'm not a Sonic fan at all, but this is gorgeous!

Thanks for your hard work buddy and keep going 🤜 🤛

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TectonicSalmon said:

I knew I'd stolen the idea from someone 🤣 this literally all stems from that post and hopefully we both end up with what we need which is more chaos lol 

Oh by all means steal this idea to the bone! This is something ive always wanted to see in PSO and seeing you put the work and effort into it really makes me happy! Im sure many other people would love to see something like this once in a while!

• Like 1

New mags would be nice.

It cannot imply any game balance issue and it's sad to always see the same Sato, Nidra, Tellusis, Gael Giel and Love Rappy for double 50%+ invincibility triggers.

• Like 2

the reason im asking what files it is your using and programs is because Saith and I tried. I cant get any files from PSO into an editable format, which means you also could possibly not put it into formats that would be readable by PSO. Also the tools I wanted to use you simply cant get anymore, or at least from the links that where available to me.

2 hours ago, R-78 said:

It cannot imply any game balance issue and it's sad to always see the same Sato, Nidra, Tellusis, Gael Giel and Love Rappy for double 50%+ invincibility triggers.

If only 3rd generations mag could have a boost on their trigger rates, at least 40% would be fine... [because 20% sucks xD]

Someone over on Destiny knows something we don't.  The  Twin Sato is a very old mag that was on Schthack back in the day, but I don't recognize either of the other two mags and if I didn't know any better that thing on the left pretty much looks exactly like what you've posted. I don't know which of their developers is responsible for this creation (my guess is shiva), but clearly they know something about this process. They've done a fuck load of object modeling beyond what any of other servers have done. I would check in with their developmental team. It's been historically very hard to get them to share literally anything that they may know about the game, but it's worth a shot. Worst case we know it's possible. 

Mag Cell Event - Events - Destiny PSOBB

Not sure what tools you're looking for, but I am sure they're all still available if you name drop them.

50 minutes ago, Sir Rendlan said:

the reason im asking what files it is your using and programs is because Saith and I tried. I cant get any files from PSO into an editable format, which means you also could possibly not put it into formats that would be readable by PSO. Also the tools I wanted to use you simply cant get anymore, or at least from the links that where available to me.

Edited by Saber +7