Remove Saber+7 (Wilson)

Remove Wilson  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Wilson as staff

2. 2. Remove Wilson from the server entirely

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Yannv said:

I might not live the TA world like Wilson does but once in a while that kind of competition is awesome, and I'm sure some people here like challenges. Sadly this community never embraced this aspect of PSO, which you like it or not, is one of the reasons PSO still lives in 2021.

True Words Spoken , 20years on and off and the reason that brings me back is the challenge's.

I personal never took offence to what Saber has said , but perhaps it is because i am from a older generation that's not so woke.

Or maybe with age you just get good at not taking much notice any more who knows lol.

Personally you all need a chill pill me thinks

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yannv said:

And I heavily dislike with the statement from Grantz that "people don't care for TA on Ultima". I might not live the TA world like Wilson does but once in a while that kind of competition is awesome, and I'm sure some people here like challenges. Sadly this community never embraced this aspect of PSO, which you like it or not, is one of the reasons PSO still lives in 2021.

Quote? I said I - me - myself don’t TA. Not ultima. This is why quotes are good as then you can’t change peoples words.  I said this:

Either way, you have put a lot of time in to TA as much as I’m not interested in it

IM, not WE or US. If you read it properly you’d see that was actually meant nicely @Saber +7 as he has put tons of time and effort in to it and I was saying I didn’t want to see him banned as he enjoys playing here doing TA it’s just not my thing.

My issue was never about what he plays or doesn’t, that was his issue with all of us, we don’t have valid opinions as we don’t TA so know nothing of the game.

Anyway I was giving my opinion, being calm and I even complimented him

on being mature about saying he will stand down, as a poll against someone could genuinely really upset them personally so thought it was taken quite well to a degree, to my surprise.

I’ve said what I think so if you are going to reference what I say, please quote and don’t change my words. Thanks 

Edited by Grantz

1 hour ago, Harvest said:

Didn't realise it was against server rules to "offend a staff member". Maybe people in a position of responsibility need thicker skins?

It might not be against rules, but it is kind of common sense that one of the parts should at least try to be respectful. Otherwise this topic will become just another drama novel going to limbo just as many other countless topics.

a) he denied the Holocaust, which is at least enough to get you arrested in Germany. Additionally, the internet is not a safe space to spew racist and sexist bile, and websites reserve the right to ban you if they find what you're saying to be against their values.

Except that you know he have some clear mental issues, high level of autism and uses heavy drugs; remember him saying that multiple times. So I don't agree that the words from someone with autism, Alzheimer or some other kind of mental issues have the same weight as words from someone 100% sane. Telling someone in such conditions to go commit a suicide is totally unnaceptable in my opinion.

I would love some citation for this, because I just don't believe it. At all.

Here, most of these quests specified in this topic (if not all) have been brought up to Ultima thanks to lots of conversations/negotiations with other content creators:

Me, him and R-78 have been extensively at that time testing such quests and reporting bugs to Soly. Only after countless hours of testing they finally left the Test Server. Many other quests, that were otherwise only available in Japanese language, is now live on Ultima because he did know who to talk to in order to get them available here.

Ultima Discord, as I said previously, was heavily revamped like two years ago and we pretty much used most of his Discord layout/organization as a base.

So yeah, because most of his contribution to the server is on backend of things, doesn't mean he didn't do anything in all these years as a staff member. Since I was at the backstage for quite some time, I'm sure I know more than you about the good stuff he did.

We have generally less players, no new items that he's had a hand in designing... what does he do?

1 hour ago, Sir Rendlan said:

I firmly believe there is a large amount of people who dont play here because of him, and I believe there is an amount of people who think its ok to be an asshole because he is getting away with it.

And such things as:

- Ultima have less players because of the unbalanced custom items
- People is leaving the server because of Triforce
- Ephinea is more crowded because they embraced the vanilla aspect of the game and their staff is more democratic

All of that I quoted above and much more are just logical fallacies, which doesn't always correspond to the truth; there's not a single study proving people like vanilla better, how impactful to the community is the stuff being said on shoutbox, and vice-versa. If this is just what you believe, that he is "harmful" to the community, it's okay. He probably thinks the opposite of your team.

(BTW I must reiterate I don't have anything personal against anyone from Triforce and I know lots of kind people from there that I used to play with a lot in the past.)

There's like four different public servers going for this game. It's not like this is the last bastion of PSO standing against the darkness.

And there's nothing stop you and others from moving on and playing on a "more democratic" server, with more active staff members, balanced items, etc. But unfortunately we are stubborn and still choose to talk/play here. Even though there are technically "better" places to play PSO right now, I like the fact we still have Ultima. That's it.

"Let's not discuss or suggest changes to improve it, just like it or lump it." 

Well, you once suggested a really interesting stuff about lead admins right, so other GMS would have more power to give final decisions regarding the Ultima right?
Larva totally ignored you, if I remember correct.
And of course, who wouldn't get mad on this situation?
I don't even rememebr how many times I suggested stuff (even directly at staff's channel) that were of crowd's interest and never got the proper attention.

What I'm trying to say is that this is all pointless. is it ALWAYS the same problem, staff members have great ideas, which doesn't get the approval of Larva. What is the point of complaining about the same thing for years? Hence I say if you don't like Ultima how it currently is, I wouldn't put hopes in it changing. I already learned that.

• Like 3

Compared to others, especially a certain large-foreheaded individual, I don't think he's done much to get banned. Definitely not fit to be moderator, though, for reasons that have already already been stated in this thread.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yannv said:

Well, you once suggested a really interesting stuff about lead admins right, so other GMS would have more power to give final decisions regarding the Ultima right?
Larva totally ignored you, if I remember correct.

If memory serves, he actually took it personally and refused to do anything about it, instead of doing the mature thing and actually, y'know, delegating shit he doesn't want to do in the first place. But yes, the outcome was about the same. 

8 minutes ago, Yannv said:

What I'm trying to say is that this is all pointless. is it ALWAYS the same problem, staff members have great ideas, which doesn't get the approval of Larva. What is the point of complaining about the same thing for years? Hence I say if you don't like Ultima how it currently is, I wouldn't put hopes in it changing. I already learned that.

Honestly, yes. It's why I don't really play any more because why would I put effort into a server that's going nowhere? I stick around for the community, even though I still enjoy the game. It's too demoralising playing and investing in a steadily sinking ship.

12 minutes ago, Yannv said:

Except that you know he have some clear mental issues, high level of autism and uses heavy drugs; remember him saying that multiple times. So I don't agree that the words from someone with autism, Alzheimer or some other kind of mental issues have the same weight as words from someone 100% sane.

This, I disagree with. I don't think anyone should have to put up with slurs and abuse from someone with those issues, whereas it'd be completely unacceptable from someone without the same issues. A community shouldn't have to suffer because of one person's issues. It's not fair on them.

15 minutes ago, Yannv said:

Telling someone in such conditions to go commit a suicide is totally unnaceptable in my opinion.

I agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grantz said:

Quote? I said I - me - myself don’t TA. Not ultima. This is why quotes are good as then you can’t change peoples words.  I said this:

Either way, you have put a lot of time in to TA as much as I’m not interested in it

(...)

I’ve said what I think so if you are going to reference what I say, please quote and don’t change my words. Thanks 

Ok, you asked me to quote you so "I can't change peoples words", here it is:

otNt04Y.jpg

Edited by Yannv
  • Confused 1

Give your balls a tug ya fuckin Sallys. The tyrannical despot has struck again? Let's strip his arbitrary authority from the forum of a half-baked replica of a 21 year old relic. This whambulance almost qualifies for historic tags. So much whining in this thread you'd think it'd come with a complementary charcuterie board. Is that on the donation list?

8 minutes ago, EDEN said:

Give your balls a tug ya fuckin Sallys. The tyrannical despot has struck again? Let's strip his arbitrary authority from the forum of a half-baked replica of a 21 year old relic. This whambulance almost qualifies for historic tags. So much whining in this thread you'd think it'd come with a complementary charcuterie board. Is that on the donation list?

This one may get me in trouble but....

I mean I told Saber to pick his v@$%*& off the ground and grow the fuck up. Still clearly doesn't get to him that he's being an asshole for no reason to everyone.

Edited by Sir Rendlan

7 minutes ago, EDEN said:

Saber doesn't allow me to add a reaction:image.png.4e5bd1a6db3faf626f019fd2905b238e.png

but i'd def eat the f out of a charcuterie board rn

Edited by RocketTots
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sir Rendlan said:

Is there a reaction limit?

yes, always has been

• Sad 1