Remove Saber+7 (Wilson)

Remove Wilson  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Wilson as staff

2. 2. Remove Wilson from the server entirely

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I disliked your event post because you didn't take the time to make it clear and concise.

Clear and concise, like "you guys won't get any rewards unless enough people submit times"?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Dw 1

2 hours ago, Sir Rendlan said:

. As well as his last night's incident was seriously outrageous.

Ā 

Ā 

what the hell did he do now

• Dw 1

32 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I disliked your event post because you didn't take the time to make it clear and concise. "Likely 4PM GMT which should make it around noon in the US (I think?)" The very first line you included uncertainty

As I have yet to decide a time as I have a life outside of this server so not sure when I will be free exactly yet, I also admit I donā€™t know the most common time zone players here areĀ -Ā we both know it was out of petty ness but itā€™s fine honestly, I just didnā€™t want it to discourage new players that may need the gear taking part. After all the event isnā€™t for my benefit just trying to actually do something fun.

32 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

You just admitted in the shoutbox that you were being hostile yesterday... not sure what else to say about that.

I was apologising to those that felt they couldnā€™t post due to it and yes I was hostile but you completely deserved it. Iā€™m not retracting anything I said, was apologising to the rest of the community as thatā€™s the adult thing to do.

Ā 

For what itā€™s worth, I donā€™t feel you need a ban, I just find your attitude offensive so I chose to call you out on it and said what was clearly on other peopleā€™s minds.
You may be playing the martyr or trying to avoid a complete ban by saying you wanted your status revoked (I donā€™t know Iā€™m not you)

but if this is you being genuine then itā€™s surprisingly mature and if you were just more open to others opinions like this more often, I for one would have way less of a problem with you(other than the general attitude towards people)

Ā 

Either way, you have put a lot of time in to TA as much as Iā€™m not interested in it personally and I wouldnā€™t personally want you banned so you canā€™t run what you enjoy, just wish youā€™d let others do what they enjoy without commenting about their ability or anything else as we all play for different reasons and have different amounts of time to invest or choose to invest.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Grantz

Ā 

I disliked your event post because you didn't take the time to make it clear and concise.

Ā 

18 minutes ago, Harvest said:

Clear and concise, like "you guys won't get any rewards unless enough people submit times"?

Ā 

tenor.gif?itemid=4911753

Ā 

That one hurts.

People who troll are one thing, it can be annoying, it can be funny, but people who actively give new players, returning players, and old players a genuine hard time for simply no reason just makesĀ playing on Ultima an unpleasant experience for everyone. There's just no reason for people like him to be around and be rude to people.Ā It's been like this for a long time now, I've heard nothing but bad things about him, had no good experiences with him personally, and even in the discord the other week I was watching him attackĀ people for virtually no reason. It just gives Ultima a bad reputation in general.Ā 

Ā 

He talks down to every player, takes everything personally, and targets people. I've heard from multiple people that they don't even come around anymore or talk here because of him. He doesn't own this place, the only thing he does is push people away from it. It's sad that nothing has been done about this.Ā 

Ā 

People come online to play an old game,Ā with friends, presumably to get away from life for a little bit, not to get berated by a stranger. There are so many nice people on this server, he simply isn't one of them, and never was, never will be at this rate.

Ā 

If people like Emewn and others can be banned from the server for being disruptive or being rude, there's NO reason that the same rule wouldn't apply here. Him giving donations to the server shouldn't excuse hisĀ behaviour.Ā 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

It's clear that the most vocal group of Ultima doesn't care for me

It's true. The problem with it, is that usually when people don't careĀ they simply don't interact, but you are constantly being noisy and intrusive towards people (and we humans don't like intrusive people by nature - which is hard for you to acknowledge a simply thing like that). You love that, you can't stay a second out of any drama. You don'tĀ lose an opportunity to stay quiet or to shut up at a minimun provocation (hence why people like to provoke you, because they know how it works). But after all, it's always everyones fault but you.

2 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

This won'tĀ change anything about me just like getting the green name didn't. I won't be acting any "nicer". My opinions won't change. I was member of the server for like 7 years before getting it and will remain just that without it.

Ā 

And that's fine. Being an asshole is completely fine to me, i tend to like asshole people and i respect people that stay with their opinions. It's just that you sometimes don't understand "basic social interactions", which is a basic skill that you need as moderator. Imo, you did a very bad work as connecting with people and the community in general. You are always victimizing that "aww people are this and that and they are affiliated with RocketTots so they will never like me". No Wilson, alot of people don't go along with you and don't even speak with RocketTots or anyone in Triforce.

Saying that someone hates you because he's a triforcer or is friends with Tots, it's the same as saying they don't have a brain to think by themselves. Why someone would have to dislike you or shit on you just because they have friends that don't like you? Instead of being a victim, you could simply think that the problem must be you, not the others.

Also, you know what you say about everyone around, correct? How do you want people respect you, after everything you said about certain people? And you know it's not exclusively from triforcers.

Ā 

Saying this, iĀ don't think fit as a moderator, but i must say i don't agree with this topic anyways. I don't think it was necessary, but well at least people can express themselves here, which is kinda the way ultima's community does things.Ā You have the "energy" to make things move, but ultimately i don't think you fit as moderator or authority in thisĀ community. Ultima is not a place were the vast majorityĀ that people come attracted to play competitive. People just want to relax a bit, socialize a bit and play a bit psobb to turn off the brain after aĀ tiresome day.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RocketTots said:

Someone say my name?

RocketTots, first of his name, the newbieĀ repellent. Whale pants lover and the reason of the low ultima's player base.

• Haha 1

I guess I'll be theĀ one with an unpopular opinion but at this point in time, I don't really care, I don't really like what the Ultima environment hasĀ become in the last year or so, and thatĀ makes me glad I quit being an active player for good. I know I'll be bashed by my thoughts but the recent posts, dramas and shit that happened on shoutbox stinks like some childish drama, and most of you should be ashamed for wasting so much time offending a staff member in shoutbox (regardless if he was being a nice person or not). That's not how people request things to change for better, at least not in real life....

Now the very author of this topic

Ā 

11:59 PM:
"Ok guys let's talk to Larva about a serious problem we have on this server, we don't agree with Wilson's attitude because of this reason, and this another reason and finally this last reason.. I think we should improve on that, and that either and finally this."
00:00 AM at the very same topic:
"Hurr durr whales, memes, Wilson is a dick, asshole, Larva read this plox I beg you"

How do you expect this kind of topic will go anywhere, if you can't be serious and say stuff without offending someone? People need to be cohesive when trying to express themselves. It would be just easier if you guys just ignored Wilson, didn'tĀ give him attention on serious matters, because in the very end, it is all up to Larva to decide things.

If we go back to Emewn, for example, the offenses against him were really uncalled for and aggressive. Like I already saw someone from a very known team here saying he should commit suicid for the good of the community. Like WTF dudes??

His opinions (Emewn) might not have been according to "human rights" but still he didn't commit any crime and as far as I know he does have the right to voice his shitty opinions, you like it or not. Now he is permabanned (congrats, you all did it, now the server is glorius again right?) but I'm sure some of you did or said even worse stuff IRL than what Wilson/Emewn would say in his entire life. Now some people are trying to make the same thing to WilsonĀ they once did to Emewn. Sick...Ā šŸ˜‘

As much as I don't agree with Wilson's behaviour, I really disliked his decision on Time Attack Event to not reward people who worked hard towards making his event a little more relevant, I honestly think leaving him as a staff member is better than not having anyone. He doesn't owe us anything or is even get paid, so I'm glad for every staff member who still spends some of their precious timeĀ to please such little playerbase.

And I heavily dislike with the statement from Grantz that "people don't care for TA on Ultima". I might not live the TA world like Wilson does but once in a while that kind of competition is awesome, and I'm sure some people here like challenges. Sadly this community never embraced this aspect of PSO, which you like it or not, is one of the reasons PSO still lives in 2021.

There was once a time where I was really working towards becoming a staff member alongside Wilson. Not sure if anyone remembers how messy looking for specific server information and how unpleasing the Ultima Discord was a few years ago, but we as a staff really worked together towards making the official community more bearable. And most of the great ideas came from Wilson, as he had a really well organized Discord server, which served as a model for our own.

Most new quests, optimizations and a few other game improvements people unfortunately don't care about, came to Ultima all thanks to him. Liking him or not, it was thanks to him that Ultima moved a little forward in the right direction in the past years.Ā  Currently it might not be a very successfull server? Perhaps... Ephinea still have a greater playerbase than us? Of course...

But I believe we should all be glad that someone still cares to run a server of a such old game, and we have serious staff members that sacrifice their time to deal with all the shitstorm that happens once in a while on Ultima.

We liking Larva's decisions or not, people are able to play freely here because he still cares somehow to keep the server running.

TL;DR, this topic is pointless. We should like Ultima for what it is; I personally had to be part of the staff channel, live the struggle the staff members have to live and even get banned by Larva itself to understand the dynamics of Ultima. You believing it or not,Ā what the server is currently now is the best it could be, given the conditions.

Edited by Yannv
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Yannv said:

most of you should be ashamed for wasting so much time offending a staff member in shoutbox

Didn't realise it was against server rules to "offend a staff member". Maybe people in a position of responsibility need thicker skins?

Ā 

18 minutes ago, Yannv said:

if you can't be serious and say stuff without offending someone

"'I find that offensive. ' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I amĀ offendedĀ by that. ' Well, so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Ā 

19 minutes ago, Yannv said:

It would be just easier if you guys just ignored Wilson, didn'tĀ give him attention on serious matters

Difficult when he inserts himself into any conversation, even ones that don't concern him.

Ā 

20 minutes ago, Yannv said:

His opinions (Emewn) might not have been according to "human rights" but still he didn't commit any crime and as far as I know he does have the right to voice his shitty opinions, you like it or not

a) he denied the Holocaust, which is at least enough to get you arrested in Germany. Additionally, the internet is not a safe space to spew racist and sexist bile, and websites reserve the right to ban you if they find what you're saying to be against their values.

Ā 

https://xkcd.com/1357/

Ā 

22 minutes ago, Yannv said:

He doesn't owe us anything or is even get paid

No staff member gets paid, this is a non-issue and doesn't need to be brought up. He volunteered for the position knowing it's unpaid, you can't whine about how hard done by he is because he isn't getting money.

Ā 

24 minutes ago, Yannv said:

Most new quests, optimizations and a few other game improvements people unfortunately don't care about, came to Ultima all thanks to him.

I would love some citation for this, because I just don't believe it. At all.

Ā 

24 minutes ago, Yannv said:

Liking him or not, it was thanks to him that Ultima moved a little forward in the right direction in the past years.

What's actually changed because of him? We have generally less players, no new items that he's had a hand in designing... what does he do?

Ā 

25 minutes ago, Yannv said:

But I believe we should all be glad that someone still cares to run a server of a such old game

There's like four different public servers going for this game. It's not like this is the last bastion of PSO standing against the darkness.

Ā 

26 minutes ago, Yannv said:

TL;DR, this topic is pointless. We should like Ultima for what it is

"Let's not discuss or suggest changes to improve it, just like it or lump it."Ā 

Ā 

27 minutes ago, Yannv said:

what the server is currently now is the best it could be, given the conditions.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 3

I guess @YannvĀ is somewhat lacking knowledge of that actuality of the server currently. How do you think Ultima is in the best position it can be in with an asshat running around making it unenjoyable for some people and harassing people. Honestly right now the biggest behavioral issue in a person we have on this server that imo is a concern is Wilson because of how he harasses people. Harassment pushes people away.

I firmly believe there is a large amount of people who dont play here because of him, and I believe there is an amount of people who think its ok to be an asshole because he is getting away with it.

Also if your gonna allow and stand up for someone of WilsonsĀ class and behavior as a staff member. I genuinely haven't seen anything good he has except knowledge. Otherwise he is a prick. Please provide me the evidence of good game changing deeds that had made ultima better,Ā if you cant your statements really doesn't holdĀ anyĀ weight and isn't fact.

Lets remind ourselves about somethings here. Wilson had the shit color nameplate, KajeX I believe actually wanted it implemented and it was for some time that he had it. Wilson changed his name to try and get over the bullshit drama he caused. Also this guy hasĀ been banned. But to this day he still is doing it. Being that same asshole he was years ago.

Ā 

If Ultima has banned other assholes, TJ, Oswald, Ewmyn or however his names spelled. Why do we allow current individuals who harass others to stay around? It doesnt make any sense at all and is halfass backwards.
Ā 

Also how is Wilson going to ignore blatantly from Saith who is technically above him, I believe, in the server to knock it off and move on, and blatantly tells him no because I am not done with being an asshat pretty much.

Ā 

You can ask ANY GM. Would they be honest with it or not. Are the exactly pleased with him and what he is doing behavioral wise, general consensus I have received is no. Why do they not do anything about it, its larvas decision, can they probably do something? Yes. But however they wont.

24 minutes ago, Harvest said:

Didn't realise it was against server rules to "offend a staff member". Maybe people in a position of responsibility need thicker skins?

Ā 

I would love some citation for this, because I just don't believe it. At all.

Ā 

What's actually changed because of him? We have generally less players, no new items that he's had a hand in designing... what does he do?

The only thing that bothered me as of recently is nnorton revealing the high school I graduated from to everyone without asking me about it. I don't get offended too much by typing and certainly don't complain about being offended. I am thankful that yan has wrote a nice column about me, but I definitely wasn't offended. He may have meant that users shouldn't be TRYING to offend? I can't speak for him. I will say that I changed my name because of a package I received from someone on the forums actually fulling doxxing me when I was a full blown kid. Facebook hacked as well. Which is the only reason nnorton playing around with info like that bothers me.

Ā 

It's true that I went out of my way to get all 11 Max Attack: Area quests from Ephinea to share with Ultima. I also had asked Ender to use the initial 9 Sweep Up quests. I believe there's other quests as well like The Military Strikes Back and Passion of the Blacksmith. I certainly had no part in making these quests and credit to those who did. They were out for quite some time and never brought to Ultima until I had asked. That's at least 20+ quests though. It certainly could've been done by another person, but it wasn't and there was plenty of opportunity / time to get it done.Ā 

Ā 

The discord "remodel" was also largely done by me and Yan. It's been a long time since it happened and my memory long term isn't the best. Me, yan, and Soly organized it and gave it the nice roles and all that so it could have the potential to be more interactive. The idea started with me though.Ā 

Ā 

Again my memory is a bit hazy and the last new item I remember working on was Ganondorf ShieldĀ and there were some prior to that as well. Designing weapons and items in general isn't really hard anyway. I don't take much pride in that.Ā 

Ā 

There's also developmental work that occurs outside of Ultima for exploratory purposes usually (sometimes utility for TA too) that I often am in some way involved with. Sometimes it's just by association that things are shared with me or because I paid money or because I asked the right people the right questions. While some of this stuff isn't always totally applicable things like the DMC patch could see the light of day on Ultima. Certain niche tools and various methods of things with qedit. Knickknacks, and of course intellectually I typically have little no role in the actual creation, but am often still shared the product.

Ā 

It's sometimes hard to see the "work" done for Ultima by any of the moderators because a lot of it just happens without much noise and there really isn't much work to begin with being done as of recently. I've never claimed to be bothered by not being paid either.Ā 

Ā 

The DAR thing recently that changed was something that I've been extremely vocal about in the staff channel for a very long time and it's finally starting to go the direction that it should be.

Ā 

I don't know why I am having to vet my contributions here really, but okay.

Edited by Saber +7
  • Thanks 1

All opinions are valid here, as long as we keep it decently polite.

Its great to have a communityĀ input, butĀ ultimately it's not a decision made by us.

I guess we all should reflect on how we expressed ourselves (me included and i know i have had some excessive trolling in the past, even when i tend to just say nonsense and try to not offend people or be vulgar), even tho i'm not much active in past year and half.

I guess we all gave our inputs, but iĀ think it's time for us to move on and let it be.

Even tho i not a fan of Saber, i think this is more than enough and keep going this isĀ counter-productive

• Like 1