Min/Max Endgame Gear Discussion

2 hours ago, jespence said:

What do you think is best for disabling 2-3 Delbiters ASAP, since frozen shooter only gets one at a time? Is a Frozen Faust or Blizzard Needle a good option for enemies very resistant to Spread Needle paralysis that you have to freeze instead?

Freeze Traps. Dot. If you are not an Android, you are doomed. That, or Individually freeze each ones with second combo of Frozen Shooter; or, the hopeless option: Rabarta/Gibarta them until It works. If It doesn't, It didn't :onion-head63:

9 hours ago, CannaBeast said:

This is for building a guide to the IDEAL Arsenal per character with minimum inventory space used

Right off the rip I feel like this is a bit of a backwards way to think. The "ideal" arsenal is probably never going to be synonymous with "minimum inventory space". 

9 hours ago, CannaBeast said:

post what they believe are the very best weapons to carry at all times without needing to visit the bank to swap out gear for Specific characters.

Again this is something different. Nearly every quest is going to have a different inventory for "min/max" gameplay. 

Going to preface this by saying everything below is specifically in regards to HUcast, but some of it is still applicable to RAcast.

I pretty much rebuild my inventory every quest and so do other min/max players because it just makes sense to only bring the items you're actually going to use on the given quest. You're not going to encounter many quests that have the exact same "min/max" inventory. 

With that in mind here is how I typically go about picking my inventory: first I consider the quest and what it contains, such as, Tower only having enemies that concern with machine / dark or maybe it's something longer like Max Attack 1C or Cal's Clock Challenge that both need all 4 attributes, after that I decide bring the set(s) relevant to the creatures. Typically in episode 1 you'd use native / abeast + hit and machine / dark + hit sets because that's the order of the areas in all the longer E1 quests so you don't have to mix your swaps. 

An example of an inventory for a longer quest or one with more than 2 attributes this one being particularly for Max Attack 4C in 4P No-PB:

DARK FLOW [0/100/0/100|100] 
Raygun +15 [Berserk] [100/0/0/100|100] 
VJAYA +15 [Charge] [0/100/0/100|100] 
Slicer of Vengeance [0/100/0/100|100] 
Serene Swan +80 [0/100/0/100|100] 
LAVIS BLADE [0/0/0/0|0] 
TSUMIKIRI J-SWORD +50 [0/100/0/100|0] 
Boomerang +80 [100/0/0/100|100] 
Morolian Blaster+15 [100/0/0/100|100] 

TypeME/Mechgun +30 [100/0/0/100|100] [Charge]
EXCALIBUR [Berserk] [100/0/0/0|100] 
Slicer of Vengeance [100/100/0/0|100] 
VJAYA +15 [Charge] [100/100/0/0|100] 
DARK FLOW [100/100/0/0|100] 

An example of a shorter inventory for say something like Max: Ruins in 4P No-PB is:

DARK FLOW [0/0/100/100|100] 
Raygun +15 [Berserk] [0/0/100/100|100] 
VJAYA +15 [Charge] [0/0/100/100|100] 
Slicer of Vengeance [0/0/100/100|100] 
Serene Swan +80 [0/0/100/100|100] 
LAVIS BLADE [0/0/0/0|0]  
EXCALIBUR [Berserk] [100/0/0/0|100] 

TypeME/Mechgun +30 [100/0/0/100|100] [Berserk]

This is 6 less weapons than the previous inventory but ~ideal for the quest. From these two examples you could probably get an idea of ~how an inventory would look on a given quest based on the creatures within it. 

Some general things to consider when crafting inventories is that your weapon order does not really matter so long as it is comfortable for you and doesn't impede your gameplay (important since we are supposed to be discussing in the context of min/max). I personally avoid Hell at all costs because chances are if you're in a multiplayer setting it's going to slow the run down. Raw damage is almost always going to clear waves faster and more consistently than Hell would. It's a similar story for Demons except the options for Demons are a little more busted so Demon Yasminkov can get a pass sometimes. There's a lot of utility weapons so deciding which are useful for a quest is a good way to shave inventory space. The most common utility weapon would probably be Twin Blaze and is something someone in the party should almost always be carrying. 

I could probably write 10+ pages on this topic, but I will leave it at this basic level for now unless someone wants to hear more lol.

• Like 1