What would be considered BiS on Hucast

So, I've been playing on and off on this server and enjoy playing as a Hucast the most for as long as I've been playing PSO.

And now I'm wondering, what would be considered best in slot in terms of Hucast gear, weapons and armor/units?

If any of these items are unfamiliar the wiki should give a good enough idea. I’d prioritize Cent/Battle and Serene Swan set. Pretty much can clear every quest with that alone. https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/items/

Edit: I'd also like to say that PSO isn't necessarily a strict "BiS" game. It's pretty rare for people to use that term on this game because there's many different options and most spawns have different "BiS" solutions compared to the ones before or after. There's absolutely still a group of items that are the best, but that doesn't mean they're the best everywhere. That's something that has to be evaluated spawn by spawn in each quest.

Weapons:

-Serene Swan

-Dark Flow

-Vjaya

-Slicer of Vengeance 

-Some form of Vulcan (charge / berserk Vulcan, vises, type me, or whatever)

-Daylight Scar

-Excalibur

These would be your main damage weapons and you pretty much can’t go wrong with any of them. 

Utility Weapons:

-Twin Blaze 

-Morolian Blaster 

-TJS

-Boomerang

-Kiss of Death

-Asteron Striker 

-Zalure Handgun

-S-Reds Blade

-Ultima Reaper

There’s more of these utility type weapons but learning twin blaze stuff will make every quest easier. The rest of this crap you can just get whenever. 

Armor: 

Sonic Team Armor

D-Parts

Shield:

Ylvis Costume

Kasami Bracer

Black Ring

units:

Cent/Battle

Smartlink

Cent/Arm

Cure/status

V502

Cent/Body

You’d be mostly capable of fully optimal combat with all these items. A lot of the utility ones can wait. 

Edited by Saber +7
  • Like 2

Well, once you reach lvl 200, you will want to max your ATP, ATA & LCK, which are the general top priority for every class. ("generally" because of newmen forces :D which they also do, just differently)

In order to do that, It Is obligatory to have a mag with stats exclusively to HUcast, that Is one with the stats [3/182/15/0]. With that mag, the units you will need are Centurion/Arms, Centurion/Battle. The two bonus slots are generally used for Smartlink & V502 (the former Is Important for ranged weapons to nail accurately, so It's a must for non-rangers who use them; and the later, since androids have a boost on status effects like freeze, paralyze and Hell [especially hell >:D], It Is also recommended, but It's kind of circumstantial, depending on the player's playstyle :D ) (also, If you use Arrest Faust then recommended to use V502 :onion-head05: )

Lastly, circumstantially speaking, you will wish to have cure/units, like confuse, shock and slow; and centurion resist. 

As for armor, that's another story that Is simple xD (wedding dress, sonic team armor [the best, from ultima event, and It's a hard drop usable only at lvl 200], and D-parts v2.10, iirc. The latter Is just for adding bonus ATA to androids :D

{just remembered, HUcast cannoy use Frozen/Arrest Faust :onion129:

Edited by Kotta
STA usable at lvl 200, D-Part armor Is Ver. 2.10, not Ver. 2.01 >. < Also HUcast cannot use Frozen/Arrest Faust...

3 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

If any of these items are unfamiliar the wiki should give a good enough idea. I’d prioritize Cent/Battle and Serene Swan set. Pretty much can clear every quest with that alone. https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/items/

Edit: I'd also like to say that PSO isn't necessarily a strict "BiS" game. It's pretty rare for people to use that term on this game because there's many different options and most spawns have different "BiS" solutions compared to the ones before or after. There's absolutely still a group of items that are the best, but that doesn't mean they're the best everywhere. That's something that has to be evaluated spawn by spawn in each quest.

Weapons:

-Serene Swan

-Dark Flow

-Vjaya

-Slicer of Vengeance 

-Some form of Vulcan (charge / berserk Vulcan, vises, type me, or whatever)

-Daylight Scar

-Excalibur

These would be your main damage weapons and you pretty much can’t go wrong with any of them. 

Utility Weapons:

-Twin Blaze 

-Morolian Blaster 

-TJS

-Boomerang

-Kiss of Death

-Asteron Striker 

-Zalure Handgun

-S-Reds Blade

-Ultima Reaper

There’s more of these utility type weapons but learning twin blaze stuff will make every quest easier. The rest of this crap you can just get whenever. 

Armor: 

Sonic Team Armor

D-Parts

Shield:

Ylvis Costume

Kasami Bracer

Black Ring

units:

Cent/Battle

Smartlink

Cent/Arm

Cure/status

V502

Cent/Body

You’d be mostly capable of fully optimal combat with all these items. A lot of the utility ones can wait. 

I definitely need to look up some of these. I know there isn't really a 'best' in this game, but I do enjoy reading what people think are the most useful or powerful gear.

3 hours ago, Kotta said:

Well, once you reach lvl 200, you will want to max your ATP, ATA & LCK, which are the general top priority for every class. ("generally" because of newmen forces :D which they also do, just differently)

In order to do that, It Is obligatory to have a mag with stats exclusively to HUcast, that Is one with the stats [3/182/15/0]. With that mag, the units you will need are Centurion/Arms, Centurion/Battle. The two bonus slots are generally used for Smartlink & V502 (the former Is Important for ranged weapons to nail accurately, so It's a must for non-rangers who use them; and the later, since androids have a boost on status effects like freeze, paralyze and Hell [especially hell >:D], It Is also

recommended, but It's kind of circumstantial, depending on the player's playstyle :D ) (also, If you use Arrest Faust then recommended to use V502 :onion-head05: )

Wait how do I get a mag with less than 5 def? Other than that I have everything but the C/battle

Lastly, circumstantially speaking, you will wish to have cure/units, like confuse, shock and slow; and centurion resist. 

As for armor, that's another story that Is simple xD (wedding dress, sonic team armor [the best, from ultima event, and It's a hard drop usable only at lvl 200], and D-parts v2.10, iirc. The latter Is just for adding bonus ATA to androids :D

I'm pretty much settled on armor. I'm wearing a Wedding Dress and Red Ring

Edited by Isai
Formatting
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Kotta said:

Hucast is not able to equip frozen Faust not sure on Arrest , Greyed out ATA requirement off by 1 i believe. 

• Dw 1

On 11/19/2020 at 7:49 PM, R-78 said:

Combine :ite: Frozen Booster :ite: with Panzer Faust +9 to make Frozen Faust

unknown.png

Combine :ite: Arrest Booster :ite: with Panzer Faust +9 to make Arrest Faust

unknown.png

Note that Hucast cannot equip those weapons. There is a hidden 202 ATA requirement.

• Like 1
  • Dw 1

That's what I meant >. < 

It was a misimput, I even put It In the reason of edition :onion-head27:

(also, depressed onion ;y)