The new guy

Gurei

Hey everybody! I'm the new guy here :)

Well, not exactly new to the game itself, as I was playing on Scht a few almost 10 years back (and my adventure there ended on....well, pretty obvious note) so I kinda know the basics, but I feel completely alienated to the game itself after all this time, especially on this server which introduces lots of custom stuff which I think is really cool and makes re-learning the game very interesting :D

I think it should be in good manner to at least say "hello" to the community over here, even though it feels quite late - I got really hooked up into the Ultima just before the valentines event started, and keep playing everyday. But as lots of people in game already helped with either advice or some freebies to help me with my struggle reaching (my first ever, yay!) 200 with my FOmar for which I am really thankful and felt obliged to make this post at least :) 

As i feel I have still lots to learn with the game and community itself, any pointers and tips will be really appreciated - especially regarding the prices here, as I was mutliple times encouraged to create my own shop here on forum, but I feel incredibly intimidated by the economy over here ;-;

But I digress, thanks for reading this wall of text, and see you in game :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gurei said:

, but I feel incredibly intimidated by the economy over here ;-;

Pfff! Intimidated by the economy? :onion93:

Worry about that later, and better think ahead :onion120:

If you are a FOmar, then worry nothing, for Triforce event Is still far away :onion-head63: (at the very least farm a Lindcray during Valentine, now ;o and maybe a Slicer of Vengeance, too) [Oh! and a dress plate. You're gonna wish those 70 EDK when Godrick f*cks your life on episode 2 :onion-head09: ]

Also look forward to when the event where Centurion/Battle drops happens. You're gonna wish those...... uh... 110%? :onion-head65:

Economy Is for end-gamers ;o [and as a FOmar you won't need a Dark weapon. Bridges are just for newmen] Worry later when you can manage every episode, when you wish to upgrade yourself :onion-head53:

[And In case you're at It] 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kotta said:

*snips lots of useful stuff*

Haha, thanks for the tips, overall FOmar was my nostalgia pick from old times I played the game - I can't say I'm disspointed, but more like I expected something else from his gameplay, maybe its because it's Ultima and seems a bit different from vanilla (or maybe I'm just too picky, or maybe spamming banana cannon on a Force character kinda ruined its image for me). 

Overall I'm making a RAmar on the side - which i always wanted, and will be my main focus, and currently using FOmar to farm anything really. As for Godricks lack of Dark resists Im already feeling it :D I managed to get Lindcray, so I guess I can chalk up event as success for me:) Dress plate also acquired, but lack of defense kinda irks me...

C/Battle is crazy, but not thinking about it now, making small steps and trying to be useful at least a little bit.

As for economy im just that kind of person who wants to at least try to know things around a little, but as I mentioned, won't rush and try to take my time :D Ty for the topic regarding 'getting rich', I'll try to follow it then :^)

EDIT: Oh btw, its You Craptor, tyvm for the help in game :DDD

Edited by Gurei
  • Thanks 1

Hello Zaku, good to see you're looking into the forum ;)

For the economy, if you hesitate about a price, just type the weapon in forum search and look into players offers, this is usually how I do when I'm struggling to put a price.

Also, congrats for your first level 200, and don't forget that one day you'll see your name on that banner :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martikush said:

Hello Zaku, good to see you're looking into the forum ;)

Zaku? :onion-head06:

You mean..... mah boi? :onion128:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWEiGCBvgHgWsQPr3t1_x

2 hours ago, Martikush said:

Also, congrats for your first level 200, and don't forget that one day you'll see your name on that banner :)

[He already did :onion-head65:]

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kotta said:

Zaku? :onion-head06:

Not gonna be a killjoy, but look my at Hunter's name :D (not that I'm the one that's supposed to say that, I personally didn't knew it was You until It was too late, daddy Craptor is still same even on forums :^) )

11 minutes ago, Kotta said:

[He already did :onion-head65:]

1 hour ago, Martikush said:

As I mentioned, I managed to get a Lindcray :D But thanks anyway! :cr-happy-dancing: No hit, but still happy about getting anything with my cursed RNG :) 

Edited by Gurei
  • Haha 1
  • Dw 1

FOmar and RAmar are probably the cheapest characters to gear, just because FOmar gets a fantastic custom frame at level 1 that costs less than 10pds and has access to 30 sd/jzm RAmar has the highest ATA, which means you can get away with lower hit% weapons for longer than other classes. Both of these classes can get away with v101 as well since you'll be as far away from enemies as possible. Cent batt is a major upgrade, but once you get a handle on trading its not too hard to get one.

Good luck out there, if you manage to snag a hit Lindcray or master raven this event you'll be officially out of the "new guy" tier

• Like 1
  • Haha 1