Individual Dropstyle adjustment and new rules regarding Multi-logging

R-78

3 hours ago, Clappy said:

So, with how the share drop style works, does it work like this:
In a situation where you are logging 4 characters on shared dropstyle does which happen?

1. All 4 characters share the 1/?

or

2. Each character rolls 1/? until 1 of the 4 characters hit the roll?

I believe only the hoster of the room does.

After all, It rolls on the Hoster's ID :rf-13: 

On 2/13/2021 at 5:02 AM, R-78 said:

I mean, if all your 2 or 4 chars are on the same PC, it is all for the better to be on Shared style, because you would get drops on only one character and still get DARs reduction penalties if you play on Individual.

@KottaWhen I ask that question, it is in reference to this. ^

Edited by Clappy

21 minutes ago, Clappy said:

@KottaWhen I ask that question, it is in reference to this. ^

thats interesting to know because when me and the wife team up it maybe better to have shared drops even tho we on different pc

• Dw 1

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

thats interesting to know because when me and the wife team up it maybe better to have shared drops even tho we on different pc

As far as I know (corrections would be appreciated if I'm mistaken), sharing the same IP means only 1 character gets drops. So by playing on individual you are basically playing shared but with DAR penalty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobotomy said:

As far as I know (corrections would be appreciated if I'm mistaken), sharing the same IP means only 1 character gets drops. So by playing on individual you are basically playing shared but with DAR penalty.

Yeah I would like to know from sole because if one is better than the other when me and the wife farm I be doing that 

5 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

Yes, I believe you're right. I'm sorry I read that shit high as hell and totally forgot about that 🤡

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 1:05 AM, Clappy said:

So, with how the share drop style works, does it work like this:
In a situation where you are logging 4 characters on shared dropstyle does which happen?

1. All 4 characters share the 1/?

or

2. Each character rolls 1/? until 1 of the 4 characters hit the roll?

As long as the room is on Shared dropstyle, all characters present in the room will always see the same items on ground, no matter what/who dropped them and when (so even if you join a forest floor after everything was cleared already, you would still see what dropped there).

If you actually see an item that others don't, then it's a bug and picking it might disconnect other players.

Drops are always based on the room leader's section ID (the one displayed with /roominfo), but the generation happens from the oldest room player present in said area.

For example, if the team kills a Pazuzu while room leader was on Pioneer II, then the second player who joined the room (usually but not necessarily green gem) will be the one generating the drop and decide where the item actually drops. The location also applies in Individual Dropstyle, which is why "oldest room player" needs to always make sure the mobs you are farming are not out of bounds when killed. Same if that player is disconnected, if you kill an enemy before their char completely disappear, then you will not get any drops from it.

Playing on Shared is basically playing on the good old PSO offline multiplayer.

On Individual, if you play with multiple characters on the same device in the same room, then only your highest position character will see drops, in addition of its DAR being nerfed according to your number of present characters.

The only point I could think about in doing that, is when you run spammy quests and don't want random items to get in your way and accidentally pick them instead of attacking.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:57 AM, Gaz said:

Yeah I would like to know from sole because if one is better than the other when me and the wife farm I be doing that 

You can play with her on individual.

It's better to have two chances at 93% DAR than one at 100% DAR.

But both of you must be playing, if it's just one person that logs the other one's char to get more drops then we can consider this an abuse.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, Lobotomy said:

As far as I know (corrections would be appreciated if I'm mistaken), sharing the same IP means only 1 character gets drops. 

Nope, playing with the same IP is no problem and does not prevent you from getting drops.

Many people play PSO with relatives / friends / roommates etc and this should be totally fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 10:40 PM, R-78 said:
On 12/4/2022 at 9:55 AM, Lobotomy said:

As far as I know (corrections would be appreciated if I'm mistaken), sharing the same IP means only 1 character gets drops. 

Nope, playing with the same IP is no problem and does not prevent you from getting drops.

Many people play PSO with relatives / friends / roommates etc and this should be totally fine.

Its if you run 2 clients on same computer that only the one character will see drops i think Lobotomy means , but if using more than one computer to  run single clients . You see drops

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ink said:

Its if you run 2 clients on same computer that only the one character will see drops i think Lobotomy means , but if using more than one computer to  run single clients . You see drops

Yes, that's was exactly my point, thankius bb ❤️

9 hours ago, ink said:

On 12/11/2022 at 11:40 PM, R-78 said:

On 12/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, Lobotomy said:

On 12/4/2022 at 10:57 AM, Gaz said:

I think it was safe to assume Gaz and his wife weren't playing on the same computer...

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

I think it was safe to assume Gaz and his wife weren't playing on the same computer...

Well. I didn't know whether the no-drops-for-other-chars applied to the same ip or the same computer since I only knew for certain that you do not get drops if you do what Ink said (i.e., I didn't test the other option). That's why I added the important caveat "corrections would be appreciated if I'm mistaken." Also, ain't you the one with the motto nothing is impossible? You never know, maybe they do some m e c h a n i c s and play on the same computer :C

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 3:12 PM, R-78 said:

No I was on my pc my wife was on her laptop . Atm we taking a break because we moving house etc but we both be back soon 

• Like 2