Seabeds - The Full Guide

IronSheik

Hey everyone,

@Wavebuster and I have collaborated to build content that will help you do your own seabed runs so YOU TOO can get 7 8 PGFs! 

Below you will find cleaned up, easy to follow, no-nonsense versions of the 8 variations of the Seabed maps. Wave was nice enough to put together videos of all 8 variation runs to show you strategies on how to deal with enemies, as well as get through certain obstacles such as crates and ledges.

P.S. For the crate trick to work with females RAmarl and HUcaseal, you will need a Photon Claw-like weapon. For other females, you'll need to use a weapon with sword animation (example: Crazy Tune) but it requires very precise positioning. For males, you will need a Katana-type weapon. For the video, Wave uses Yamigarasu but Toy Hammer will also work (and are plentiful during this event).

Crate/Ledge Trick for RAmarl/HUcaseal

Without further ado, here is the content:

Seabed Upper Levels - Pattern 1, Variant 1

SU_1-1.png.9477ba7381fac2382a27ed983b9ab3f1.png

Seabed Upper Levels - Pattern 1, Variant 2

SU_1-2.png.605ba543df37811e855c646d32573c52.png

Seabed Upper Levels - Pattern 2, Variant 1

SU_2-1.png.484c9e178d37bd376277c960d2376573.png

Seabed Upper Levels - Pattern 2, Variant 2

SU_2-2.png.635cb059d973696a2fe9d0867844932c.png

Seabed Lower Levels - Pattern 1, Variant 1

SL_1-1.png.a1934514005e1ec363213ec28d6fa7b1.png

Seabed Lower Levels - Pattern 1, Variant 2

SL_1-2.png.fecf36ec694cd1680b0b3313fd3b9e95.png

Seabed Lower Levels - Pattern 2, Variant 1

SL_2-1.png.14155e853b75ca913c12e5be9de8842c.png

Seabed Lower Levels - Pattern 2, Variant 2

SL_2-2.png.6c28691e8bced5760e2b430736405a2f.png

Edited by TheIronSheik
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5

I always wanted to make this topic, but I was told that there were like 5 variants of each seabed stages (and thinking It was a right Info, I never found said 5th stage...).  Makes sense that there are 4 of each stages since 2 of those 4 are from one same stage. (It also explains how It felt like going backwards :onion118: )

That aside... 

Seabed Upper Levels - Pattern 1, Variant 2

SU_1-2.png.605ba543df37811e855c646d32573c52.png

This one variation. One time, Idk how I did It, but "I made the Sinow Zoa from the room you have to open by pressing both switches spawn before leaving that room once", saving a lot of time from doing that rodeo. 

Only once did I ever do It, though... 

5 minutes ago, Smoochum said:

This is going to be so useful a year from now during next xmas event!

Well there's this weekend left so go hard!

Also now that Olga has non-event drops, this will be a great guide to use all year round.

Edited topic with correction to crate skip technique with females. 

For the crate trick to work with RAmarl and HUcaseal, you will need a Photon Claw-like weapon.

For other females, you'll need to use a weapon with sword animation (example: Crazy Tune) but it requires very precise positioning.

For males, you will need a Katana-type weapon. For the video, Wave uses Yamigarasu but Toy Hammer will also work (and are plentiful during this event).

Crate/Ledge Trick for RAmarl/HUcaseal

14 hours ago, FOnewbie said:

Thanks for this! I didn't know about that dagger hack jumping over the ledge.

It's important to note that this trick actually works with several attack animations that feature a lot of forward movement. Swords, Partisans, Daggers, Claws, Katanas... there's quite a few. Katana animation in particular is pretty obnoxious - I believe any class can do the ledge drop with katana even with just v101/HBattle if positioned+angled just right.

Edited by Wavebuster

Some hell weapon recommendations would be nice for people new(ish) to the server.

Hell weapon for boxes, squids, morphos, and red sinows:

Rangers

- hell type/shot: the range of this weapon makes it hands down the best option, but it is expensive

- hell Srank needle: competent replacement for type/shot on RAmar/marl and costs only 15DTs vs 70 for max type shot.

- Asteron striker: special has an auto-lock that makes killing multiple enemies easier than it would normally be on a single-target  weapon.

- Hell laser: cheapest option and will get the job done, just requires more skill and awareness from players

Hunters

- asteron striker

- kiss of death: hell slicer

- ultima reaper: this is not the best to use on the squids imo because you will miss regularly and get smacked, but if you get good at memorizing the spawns and placements it can work

Force 

- megid: best and cheapest option for forces

- kiss of death

- sacred bow: really high base ATA and with enough hit it can be very effective in seabed

Probably some others that I'm forgetting but these are what come to mind

Important for casts to remember that freezing enemies reduces their EVP making them easier to hell. So use traps liberally

Some other notes:

If you don't have traps or frozen shooter wait for other players to freeze del depths before you attack

Delbiters should be the first spawns you commit to memory because they are a pain if you don't. Freeze and demons are your friends. Serene swan for hunters is also a good option

Also for the blue sinows players should bring a endgame mechgun with high machine %. PRs and MF with enough machine % can combo the blue sinows when they spawn before they get the chance to move and warp. If you don't have this you will need to freeze first

Edited by jdhenry124
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

@Wavebuster as requested, I watched all of your videos and will provide some feedback.
I don't have much to say since your runs are overall good and well executed.

Seabed Upper Levels (Pattern 1-1)

0:10 Door position is better, after you stepped on the middle
0:35 With TypeSH/Shot or Yasminkov 7000V you can get both Dolmolms at the same time from the ramp corner, before Sinow Zoa drops
0:54 Get directly behind the recoboxes when you enter this bridge and target all of them from here
1:59 Target just the 3 South recoboxes at once, since the East ones are optional.
2:17 <<Two blue Sinows will spawn when the purple quids die. If the blue squid is still alive due to hell RNG it can be problematic.>>
This is wrong. Dolmdarls and Dolmolm here belong to the same wave so it doesnt matter who you kill first.
2:40 Ignore Recoboxes at first, just rush to Center North of the room to trigger Deldepths
4:20 South East corner for first spawn, door position for second spawn

Seabed Upper Levels (Pattern 1-2) 

0:17 You have enough time to combo kill first Sinow without freezing before the second sinow attacks
0:39 Can directly go to the door before shooting at Dolmdarls spawn
2:13 Use any trap at middle so you can target all 4 ceiling Recoboxes at the same time
5:36 Once you reached ramp bottom, you can immediately come back and get all Dolms from the north

Seabed Upper Levels (Pattern 2-1) 

0:36 Free confuse traps are sometimes useful against Dolms that you are willing to hell, so that they would target each other in the case your hell attacks all miss
0:45 Not worth it to disable poison unless you are DFing (you are saving only one Trimate with this)
1:22 No need to freeze dropping Sinow Zoas when you can combo kill them before they move
2:24 Step forward and get the two Dolmdarls in one combo with a Yasminkov 7000V
3:23 Can get closer to the door for that Delbiter (its spawn location is middle of easter room half)
4:27 Can also ignore Recoboxes, get the two Sinow Zoa to jump to the middle, dodge, freeze and kill them at once. Little more risky and requires a good timing but saving many seconds.
5:03 Use traps (or aim Recon when there is one) to center lock TypeSH/Shot and target recoboxes two by two
5:15 Use Macho Blade to refresh SD
5:57 Kill just one Recobox, then Power Maser for the 4 traps

Seabed Upper Levels (Pattern 2-2)

2:27 Get closer to the door (corner side) to kill Delbiter right before exit
3:50 Priority on north and south Recoboxes since other 2 don't spawn Recons
5:02 Can stand at West, closer to door and don't need Twin Blaze to freeze Delbiter from here
5:56 Typically one of Power Maser's best moments. One attack would have been enough.

Seabed Lower Levels (Pattern 1-1)

3:45 Morfos trick. No need to freeze them
5:07 Delbiter doesn't need twin blaze, stand at center of eastern corridor half, it's the limit to spawn the delbiter, use FS directly and kill
6:50 You are using 2 FT, 2 FS combo, 2 PR combo and 1 S-Beat combo for this spawn while you can get all 3 with just DM and 1 FT.
Rush to the lower door, dodge and get behind the right Sinow Zoa, drop a FT and by the time you do that, Sinow Zele will jump/teleport with the two others so you can freeze and kill all 3 at the same time.

Seabed Lower Levels (Pattern 1-2)

0:24 Can get the two Morfos with TypeSH/Shot
1:27 Ignore that Morfos, should not even have time to shoot you by the time it gets out of your vision
4:59 Power Maser

Seabed Lower Levels (Pattern 2-1)

2:30 Don't kill Recobox first, run straight forward and get Zoas
5:03 Go to door spot at Sinows jump
5:35 After ramp, can get to upper plateform center and get all 4 enemies at once from here
6:01 Can dodge his jump at center of corridor
6:10 If you turn left at this point, you make Dolmolms spawn earlier

Seabed Lower Levels (Pattern 2-2)

0:10 Better stay middle
4:15 Alternatively, you can hide behind the pillar (where Sinow Zoa can't reach you) and wait for Sinow Zele, killing one Recobox in the meantime to clear the path.
5:43 Yasminkov 7000V's autolock would have helped, in addition to its higher ATA

So I know you did not have Power Maser or its required components yet when you did those runs, but here's a reminder of all of Power Maser qualities against traps:
- hits trap above your head, no matter its heigh (so you can get closer to get more traps in big rooms)
- hits behind walls
- can target traps in other rooms
- better range than Shots
- can't miss (when your bullets don't hit a trap because of its wobbling)
- 10 targets limit
- instant swipe (no bullets animation delay, useful in teams)
- easy "center targetting" without autolocking a nearby target

• Like 2

11 hours ago, R-78 said:

So I know you did not have Power Maser or its required components yet when you did those runs, but here's a reminder of all of Power Maser qualities against traps:
- hits trap above your head, no matter its heigh (so you can get closer to get more traps in big rooms)
- hits behind walls
- can target traps in other rooms
- better range than Shots
- can't miss (when your bullets don't hit a trap because of its wobbling)
- 10 targets limit
- instant swipe (no bullets animation delay, useful in teams)
- easy "center targetting" without autolocking a nearby target

:onion-head06:

{Thanks for the power maser Info. That's something I  can't read on Ultima wikia :onion120:

(... and now I wonder what's the difference between power maser and maser beam xD) 

Edited by Kotta
  • Dw 1

• 9 months later...

Since the time that Seabed runs become popular is approaching again, I wanted to give an additional post on this thread with various advice to give more context to what you're seeing in the videos.

• I highly Fixed:Recommend RAcast, as he has a reliable toolkit to easily solo the run while other players give assist from there. While lacking a higher level Shifta, it's not really critical to the run. Mob control is, which makes traps and Frozen Shooter indispensable along with his high base ATP.
  • Hell Type/Shot (with hit) +v502 is the most important weapon for this area. Packs of squids, Recoboxes, and the red Sinow Zele drop like flies to it.
  • If you do not have Dark Meteor, Arrest Needle is a good and fast damaging option to deal with multiple Sinows and Deldepths, then Baranz Launcher as a distant third (it absolutely requires freeze traps to function). Sphere into Machine and Dark if you can afford it.
  • In your game Launcher's graphical settings, make sure "Advanced Effect" is turned on, and the "Maps" slider set to its maximum. This enables reflection effects, which has the beneficial side effect of being able to see cloaked Sinows reflected in water or glass, giving an important cue to their body slam so you can avoid it and Freeze Trap them effectively.
  • When dealing with multiple Deldepth, set a Freeze Trap when they are about to emerge, then lead a combo with a Special or Heavy attack to pop the trap. This first attack will detonate the Freeze Trap and almost always miss the Deldepths so they don't potentially dodge the freeze with their invincibility upon taking damage.
  • You must learn how to camera trick the Morfos. If you angle the camera away from their direction before they spawn and they never appear on camera afterward, their lasers cannot hit you. This is easily done with the "center camera" bind, and the trick is displayed prominently in the Lower Seabed videos. However, there are a handful of Morfos in a wave with 2 of them that this technique doesn't seem to work against. They are shown in the videos as I make a point to prioritize them on-camera while being able to leave the second Morfos spawn for later.

Fixed:Recommended list of weapons, assuming RAcast:

• Frozen Shooter
  • Dark Meteor w/ Machine + Dark (special attack is great for Olga 1), Arrest Needle... Baranz Launcher
  • Hell Type/Shot w/ hit
  • Psycho Ravens w/ Machine, Dark, hit (for Delbiters, isolated mobs, and Olga 2)
  • Rianov 303SNR-5 w/ Dark (very good for Olga 1 if no Dark Meteor)
  • Zalure S-rank Launcher (boss)
  • Twin Blaze (stopping initial Delbiter charges)
  • Macho Blades (for consistent S/D + platform drop)
  • Hell Laser (for cleaning up distant/isolated Hellable enemies)
  • any Katana (for the platform drop + crate skip)

Last year when I was loosely timing solo runs without interruption, I was clocking in at 16-18 minute Seabed runs, lobby to lobby. There is variation due to differences in map length. The most dramatic of these is in Seabed Upper Levels, where there's a 2 minute difference between the shortest and longest pattern. With a friend who can provide a high level Shifta and knows how to split the room spawns with you, you can cut about a minute from each run. It is within possibility to average <18 minutes a run solo, 10 Olga kills within a Happy Hour is achievable.

Here is also a link to all the Seabed videos in a playlist form: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQHLcGPJ4fXKAJ3hTKk-eIBEMq8rgGDB_

Edited by Wavebuster
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Wavebuster said:

Since the time that Seabed runs become popular

This is never

• Like 1
  • Haha 1