Launcher timing out, not updating :(

Hey guys and gals, just wondering if anyone else is having this issue, my launcher was updating just fine before I did a clean windows 10 install the other day, now the launcher just hangs and doesnt update. The in-game patcher works and im able to play, but of course all my items are misnamed among other oddities.

Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg

I haven never seen this, but someone was having an issue where the launcher would get stuck instead, mid download... it seems it was his ISP or something with his connection.
I'd advise to look into that...

In the meantime, you can download this file and decompress it onto the game folder, it contains all the updates (except the luancher)

However since the download is not https, chrome (and other browsers) wont let you directly download it, so copy the link and paste it into a new tab, that should make it work.
http://ultimapsobb.com/psobb/v1/update/update.7z

• Like 1
On 12/17/2020 at 10:20 PM, Soly said:

I haven never seen this, but someone was having an issue where the launcher would get stuck instead, mid download... it seems it was his ISP or something with his connection.
I'd advise to look into that...

In the meantime, you can download this file and decompress it onto the game folder, it contains all the updates (except the luancher)

However since the download is not https, chrome (and other browsers) wont let you directly download it, so copy the link and paste it into a new tab, that should make it work.
http://ultimapsobb.com/psobb/v1/update/update.7z

Ya I have never had this issue before, oddly it was working (on the same PC) before I did a clean install of Windows 10. No idea whats going on, but you think its my ISP? Hmm, I wouldn't think that is the issue TBH. Anyways thank you for the quick response and the update, hopefully it sorts itself out somehow.

19 hours ago, Wolf Moon said:

Ya I have never had this issue before, oddly it was working (on the same PC) before I did a clean install of Windows 10. No idea whats going on, but you think its my ISP? Hmm, I wouldn't think that is the issue TBH. Anyways thank you for the quick response and the update, hopefully it sorts itself out somehow.

Well, as I said another person was gettick stuck mid download somehow without throwing an error, and he said it was his network somehow...
So it's a possibility... since it's not getting an AV error, is not that...

But I really don't know.

• Like 1
On 12/20/2020 at 4:31 AM, ink said:

Try changing dns to googles 

IPv6 addresses: 2001:4860:4860::8888; 2001:4860:4860::8844
IPv4 addresses: 8.8.8.8; 8.8.4.4

Sorry im not good with this stuff :(, where do I change these settings? Do I go into my network settings?

Edit: Ok somehow it decided to work now, im so confused as to what happened. Anyway thanks for your help.

Edited by Wolf Moon
On 12/20/2020 at 12:55 AM, Soly said:

Well, as I said another person was gettick stuck mid download somehow without throwing an error, and he said it was his network somehow...
So it's a possibility... since it's not getting an AV error, is not that...

But I really don't know.

Its working now...not sure what happened, I didnt change any settings or anything. Maybe after applying your manual patch, something kicked in? Who knows, thanks for the help!

16 hours ago, Wolf Moon said:

Sorry im not good with this stuff :(, where do I change these settings? Do I go into my network settings?

Edit: Ok somehow it decided to work now, im so confused as to what happened. Anyway thanks for your help.

might have been net framework issue there has been some updates from microsoft to address networking.

As for dns change perhaps i will do a guide to help those if there is not one all ready , but yes network and on ethernet change properties on ipv6/ipv4 use following dns and add the 8.8.8.8 etc