Dear Ultima and it's community, I love you.

There are many times where I have been with a particular online game community, only to feel intense estrangement. Puzzle Pirates, Maplestory, WoW, Guild Wars 1`& 2, etc.

But I've finally found the place I feel like I fit in. on 5/27/2019 at 5:47 PM, I started playing PSOBB for the very first time, and I fell in love with the game.

It is now 8/28/2020, and I have never been happier with an online game/online community.  PSOBB SUNG to me with it's unique OST and made me addicted with it's gameplay system that required actual thought and effort. No way to cheese it, only hard work and good times listening to Mother Earth of Dishonesty or Image of Hero. Those synth tunes are like butter to my ears. 

PSOBBU did something no other game could- It partially restored my dulled sense of wonder. Even after beating episode 1 a few times, each new difficulty had something new around the corner and I was and still am excited to learn. Episode 2 and 4 blew me away so much that I elected to seek out episode 3 so i could play it and that made me all the more happy beating that game, listening to tower of caelum or IDOLA the holy fruits. (Pollux is HARD!:cr-no-no:

But what I could have never been prepared for, was how beautiful this community would be and how deeply it would connect me with others.

Even striking up casual conversation, people I knew would be like "woah, PSO? I haven't played that in years!" and then I'd be building new gaming groups who loved PSO just as much as I did! I'd never had that before! Most people would make an excuse to not play something online, but this one was irresistible. it literally made me gaming buddies.

It literally even helped one of my friends spend more time with his brother who lives far away from him. I never knew that PSO would help me connect families back together.

and the community online was and still is fantastic to a tee. Sometimes I still can't fathom how much fun i have randomly hunting around and then having a buddy or 3 connect in and show me the ropes or blast Ob lilies away with me. (I hate ob lilies, I'm a RAmar.) :PoisonLily:

I had some hard times getting used to/learning the upper echelons of things, but now I'm familiar with what PDs are, and how to make crazy cool weapons and what quests to do- how to feed your mags and how to be good at the game. I'm sure I'm not the best, but I've improved so much over the year. 

I even got into all of the main and side story quests which were so cool to play! Unearthing the mysteries of ragol was a pleasure absolutely unbound by any conventional gaming notions.

I doubt I could have gotten there without your help and the folks who were generous enough to bring me along on more of the dangerous missions. I was so proud getting to stage 5 on WOI! that's my personal best so far at Level 148.

Any time I played, everyone was fun to be around with those silly icon chat messages (which inspired me to make my own) and were super patient and great to work with. Every fight felt like a team effort, and at times, I was kinda teaching too 😮

To the devs and forum admins/mods, I thank you for making such a great game and community to be in. 

To the community of Ultima PSOBB, I also thank you. You are singlehandedly the greatest bunch of folks to be around.

I want to especially thank folks like Trigunman, Nills, Saber+7, Clappy, Rivaul, Nessly, Amaranthine, drdingus, C01D1, Kotta, applesaucin, jdhenry124 and R-78 on the forums and in game for everything. Thank you, thank you, Thank you.

I also want to thank these folks who i fought with bravely on the surface and underground of ragol: Relmitos, Laure, Demi, Android71, Xander94, Pthalo, A.J., Val, Marn, Princess, Maverick, MecaZora, FireHawk, NOLAftw, CAT, Cute, leyfon, Millie, Stray*, Ztriderr, Kalira, Minty, FFmaster-, Emizzle, Mercy, Tyrone, ShogunGX, SJCL, Yris, Ill Gilly, Sam, Xena and Megumi.

you taught me everything I need to know to be a great RAmar. 

and lastly, thank you everyone. 

I'm now a die hard fan who reads the lore, listens to the music and remixes, and has played the entire series and I couldn't be happier.

And it's all thanks to PSOBB Ultima.

To everyone who reads this:

I can still see the light. 

c43a8b3903f9270f50f94113689fa40e.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dw 1

So happy to see this post. It's great to see members who love the community, and specially when you share to the community your thoughts.

It's no secret that this past months Ultima dont have a high population in the ship, but I believe that the current players are the ones that actually love Ultima.

We try to keep the server and community alive, and I still believe the community we have here is probably the best part of Ultima. Keep enjoying the game and keep making friends!, we will keep this crazy community alive together!

thanks for the words

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RestrictedWings said:

I want to especially thank folks like Trigunman, Nills, Saber+7, Clappy, Rivaul, Nessly, Amaranthine, drdingus, C01D1, Kotta, applesaucin, jdhenry124 and R-78 on the forums and in game for everything. Thank you, thank you, Thank you.

Aw shucks! Don't just mention my name like that. You just made my roster grin awry for a while long, now:onion-head09: :onion-head63::onion-head65:

Edited by Kotta
chucks -> shucks
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RestrictedWings said:

The pleasure is ours! See you in game bro.

• Like 2

Positivism like this is what we need from time to time, to remind us how great and privileged we are to be able to experience PSOBB in 2020 together (and bonus points on Ultima).

Even though we sometimes act hot headed, say things that aren't appropriate or voice our disgard sometimes about the server (and i'm included on that - guilty), i think ultimately most of the people that are still here have way more good things than bad things to say about Utima. I'm sure i'm one of them at least and feels that Ultima has a different charm than any other PSO server.

I'm not much into these things, but thank you all for making what ultima is today and all the good memories that were built here and luckly will be made for a while :)

Also thank you Larva for keeping this server running after so many years. We might disagree in our visions and opinions, but i think there's no problem in disagreeing or having different views about something.

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 3

What @jezbuz said. It's great that this game is still playing and I will help anyone with whatever as long as they aren't a carole baskin. hit me up in game for noob gear. TinyBits

• Like 1