Outclassed?

Hi, 

I've been playing a RAmar for the longest time now and i'm feeling slightly outclassed when it comes to playing ultimate with others my exact level.

In fact, I had someone else gain more EXP than i did while doing RF, starting at the same level somehow. 

Then i took a closer look and found out that I was doing like, 100-400 less damage than they were per hit. Yikes.

So I'm hoping someone can tell me what exactly is going wrong- I feel like perhaps I should be doing better.

I'm level 146, Redria ID

ATP 1521                              EFR 22

DFP 610                                EIC 22  

MST 541                                ETH 27

ATA 284                                EDK 16

EVP 1001                              ELT 8

LCK 66

and for the moment, I'm using

Weapons

Ultima Reaper +7 0/25/40/0/0

Spread Needle +32 0/0/0/35/0

Mille Marteaux +12 10/0/0/0/0

Bringer's Rifle +9 0/0/0/0/50

Currently Equipped: Asteron Striker 0/40/0/0/0

Frozen shooter 25/0/30/0/35

Armor & Units

Thirteen

V502

Centurion/ability

Centurion/HP

Heavenly/Battle

Tripolic Shield

Mag

Pioneer

Level 200

IQ 200

Synchro 120%

Def 5

Pow 147

Dex 48

Mind 0

I'm currently leveling so I can use the shield i worked for, "From the Depths" and "Virus Armor: Lafuteria"- I've also been working on collecting a photon booster so I can upgrade my frozen shooter into a snow queen. I've also been on the lookout for a proof of sonic team to upgrade my Spread needle. But aside from all that, I feel like I'm just not doing enough damage and getting consistently outclassed by other people my level.

I've also had a bit of a hard time collecting photon Drops, which I suppose I don't exactly have a knack for finding. I tried IDS a few times, but that didn't really pay out. 

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me- I'd really like to get good at the game. 

Edited by RestrictedWings

Hi Ace,

I was the hunter that you were playing with, along with pan. I think I can explain a little bit, and I apologize for the confusion. The reason why I was doing more damage than you was because I was using maxed weapons from my main account. A sub-level 150 player would never do damage like that. We didnt have a full group, were below level 150, and didn't have a person to carry us through, so I used some of my main weapons to help us out, and even then, the RT was over 40min. As for the XP, I was about to level up before the run, so I leveled up on Barba Ray and Gal, whereas you leveled up only on Gal. Aside from perhaps seaside, we got comparable exp even though that run may not have felt like it since I technically ended with +2 levels and you got +1.

I apologize if you felt outclassed or frustrated. I tried to smoothen our run a little bit since we were low level, and I'm sorry if the experience was negative or confusing.

For your gear, I would actually recommend not upgrading your frozen shooter or spread needle. Generally, players do not upgrade frozen shooters into snow queens unless the rifle has at least 50+ hit. Since snow queen is combo locked, a 35hit snow queen will struggle to reliably freeze some of the tougher monsters with high EVP. I think it would also be worthwhile to wait until you can hunt or trade for a spread needle with hit before you use a proof of sonic team. Jon made a guide for beginner farming that you should check out if you haven't already:

Another option (one that I recommend) would be to hunt or trade for an Anti-Dark Ring (ADR). It's a drop from ultimate dark falz for viridia, so you'll often see rooms like "TTF ADR" hunting for it. Once you get one, you can increase your EDK pretty significantly and join WOI groups for PD hunting. It costs about 50pds if you trade for one--about the same cost as a proof of sonic team. If you can raise your edk and tag along for some woi runs, you could save up for an arrest needle with hit pretty quickly! Once you have that, i would consider looking into getting Psycho Ravens. They will help your single target damage quite a bit :)

edit: gotcha a dress plate :D

Edited by Nills
  • Like 1

How many materials have you used so far?  Sometime before i use my max stat plan with materials i like to pop like 100 power mats from the start.  Gives u a big jump in power at the start.  Later re-stat to whatever your plan is.  

Also Ramar is one of those that gets much better and stronger on the back end.  Like around 175 to 180 things get easier and hes much stronger.

I would try to find a decent Serene Swan also.  Im sure a bunch are around since the event ended recently.

Edited by wade1212

6 hours ago, RestrictedWings said:

Hi, 

I've been playing a RAmar for the longest time now and i'm feeling slightly outclassed when it comes to playing ultimate with others my exact level.

In fact, I had someone else gain more EXP than i did while doing RF, starting at the same level somehow. 

Then i took a closer look and found out that I was doing like, 100-400 less damage than they were per hit. Yikes.

So I'm hoping someone can tell me what exactly is going wrong- I feel like perhaps I should be doing better.

I'm level 146, Redria ID

LCK 66

Weapons

Armor & Units

Thirteen

V502

Centurion/ability

Centurion/HP

Heavenly/Battle

Tripolic Shield

Mag

Pioneer

Level 200

IQ 200

Synchro 120%

Def 5

Pow 147

Dex 48

Mind 0

I'm currently leveling so I can use the shield i worked for, "From the Depths" and "Virus Armor: Lafuteria"- I've also been working on collecting a photon booster so I can upgrade my frozen shooter into a snow queen. I've also been on the lookout for a proof of sonic team to upgrade my Spread needle. But aside from all that, I feel like I'm just not doing enough damage and getting consistently outclassed by other people my level.

I've also had a bit of a hard time collecting photon Drops, which I suppose I don't exactly have a knack for finding. I tried IDS a few times, but that didn't really pay out. 

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me- I'd really like to get good at the game. 

Best advice for you is to hit 100 Dark resistance for PD hunting. Fairly easy to do via Dressplate armor this will make WOI alot easier for you. Next get yourself up to level 200, even at 150 you gain the ability to use Red Ring and it's costumes. For damage, an Arrest Needle with hit will work wonders or a Baranz Launcher, RAmar works extremely well with Demons special, it's pretty easy and cheap to obtain a Bringers Rifle with hit. As for more damage, make sure your Mag is properly stated for your class with an emphasis on Power. Use Power mats to boast your ATP further, eventually you will need to max your attributes on your favorite weapons. 

9 hours ago, RestrictedWings said:

Hi, 

I'm level 146, Redria ID

LCK 66

Weapons

Armor & Units

Thirteen

V502

Centurion/ability

Centurion/HP

Heavenly/Battle

Tripolic Shield

Mag

Pioneer

Level 200

IQ 200

Synchro 120%

Def 5

Pow 147

Dex 48

Mind 0

Ah, the nostalgia.

It reminds of myself back when I played before quitting until before the past christmast (or, was It the anniversary event? Idr).

Back then, I used to main a Ramar, which was my favorite class (well, Is), and had a very similar set as yours (Mille Marteaux; Frozen Shooter; Spread Needle; Ultima Reaper [accidentally dropped while hunting spread needle In one person mode], Sacred Cloth, V101, Centurion Ability, Centurion Ability, Heavenly Arms, V501, Yata Mirror, Kama 15 175 5 5).

Then, when I come back, I start to notice that I am not being effective, neither :onion-head22: (and much less In episode 2), like, my current set became more vanilla than It already was :onion-head65:

Ramar is more utility than dps also.

Humans get a boost to demons and hell. They also have the highest ata, so thats kind of their trade off compared to casts.

But yeah, just gotta focus on the % dmgs and make sure your total atp is maxed. You'll know its maxed when you pres f12 then right, to see your stats. If any of the stats are yellow instead of white they are maxed. 

You can also try sacrficing a goat to r78 for more dps, but those results vary.

11 hours ago, RestrictedWings said:

Hi, 

I'm level 146, Redria ID

LCK 66

Weapons

Armor & Units

Thirteen

V502

Centurion/ability

Centurion/HP

Heavenly/Battle

Tripolic Shield

Mag

Pioneer

Level 200

IQ 200

Synchro 120%

Def 5

Pow 147

Dex 48

Mind 0

Hey Ace!

So I first want to point you away from running IDS for PDs. I did that for months and it's drives me crazy now thinking about all those wasted runs because there's another quest in episode 2 that is even shorter and ALWAYS drops a PD. If you need PDs run mysteries of the Void in episode 2. Even if you aren't that strong, it shouldn't take longer than 7 and a half minutes to reach the PD box once you understand the route. I'll be hopefully able to post a video of the route to my guide this weekend.

As other people have said, RAmar isn't really known for his damage. He is decent, but he is more used because he has the highest ATA in the game, giving him the most success with special attacks like demons, hell, arrest, etc. 

Having said that, going off of the gear and stats you provided, it sounds like you could use some Power Mats. I recommend using 137 on a RAmar (that's the no unit plan), replacing the HP unit another centurion ability so you get both an ATP and Luck boost, and buying a V101 to replace the H battle (together they shouldn't cost more than 10 pds). Adepts are also great in that they boost your ATA and give resistances but they can be more pricey. You can check how many mats you've eaten by using the /matcount command.

Playing with people that have been on the server for years is an unfair comparison for you to put on yourself. Late game is mostly maxing weapons so you can do as much damage as possible per hit, if you're only a hundred hours or so in the game then your priority now just acquiring decent gear to survive (like red ring, arrest needle with hit%, enough HP and power materials to survive and contribute, etc). 

I believe @Clappy has some decent spread needles with hit, message him and tell him your situation and he'll give you a deal. Your ID also had access to spread needle as a drop, so next time your in during HH ask for people to help you farm one. With no event going on, most people would be down.

As for proof of sonic team (or any item you're looking for) the best bet is to use the search feature and try to find a shop that has been updated in the last few months. If it says 2019 or earlier, chances are they aren't active anymore. And yeah, frozen shooter is preferred over snow queen unless you're lucky enough to have found one with 50+ hit. I have a 45 hit one and it lets me down often enough that it's frustrating. 

Good luck!

Edited by jdhenry124

4 hours ago, jdhenry124 said:

And yeah, frozen shooter is preferred over snow queen unless you're lucky enough to have found one with 50+ hit. I have a 45 hit one and it lets me down often enough that it's frustrating.

It kind of depends... :onion-head22: [If It's Episode 2, don't even :onion-head63: (In general, of course)]; As for episode 1, the only thread I can think of might be Delsabers and Darkbringers, but hardly ever misses... (Speaking from a Ramarl/Racast perspective, with 50% SQ).

5 minutes ago, Kotta said:

It kind of depends... :onion-head22: [If It's Episode 2, don't even :onion-head63: (In general, of course)]; As for episode 1, the only thread I can think of might be Delsabers and Darkbringers, but hardly ever misses... (Speaking from a Ramarl/Racast perspective, with 50% SQ)

Yeah, as you said episode 2 is where you'll be using SQ mostly. Episode 1 has a select few enemies that need freezing (hildentorr comes to mind) but those enemies have EVP that rival ep2 enemies. I gave up on freezing hildentorrs when I was hunting heaven punisher and resorted to either arrest needle spam, or mech guns for a quick kill. There are some instances where SQ is great on ep1 (baranz), but I still don't think using a PB on a 30 hit FS is a good idea

10 hours ago, Nills said:

Hi Ace,

I was the hunter that you were playing with, along with pan. I think I can explain a little bit, and I apologize for the confusion. The reason why I was doing more damage than you was because I was using maxed weapons from my main account. A sub-level 150 player would never do damage like that. We didnt have a full group, were below level 150, and didn't have a person to carry us through, so I used some of my main weapons to help us out, and even then, the RT was over 40min. As for the XP, I was about to level up before the run, so I leveled up on Barba Ray and Gal, whereas you leveled up only on Gal. Aside from perhaps seaside, we got comparable exp even though that run may not have felt like it since I technically ended with +2 levels and you got +1.

I apologize if you felt outclassed or frustrated. I tried to smoothen our run a little bit since we were low level, and I'm sorry if the experience was negative or confusing.

For your gear, I would actually recommend not upgrading your frozen shooter or spread needle. Generally, players do not upgrade frozen shooters into snow queens unless the rifle has at least 50+ hit. Since snow queen is combo locked, a 35hit snow queen will struggle to reliably freeze some of the tougher monsters with high EVP. I think it would also be worthwhile to wait until you can hunt or trade for a spread needle with hit before you use a proof of sonic team. Jon made a guide for beginner farming that you should check out if you haven't already:

Another option (one that I recommend) would be to hunt or trade for an Anti-Dark Ring (ADR). It's a drop from ultimate dark falz for viridia, so you'll often see rooms like "TTF ADR" hunting for it. Once you get one, you can increase your EDK pretty significantly and join WOI groups for PD hunting. It costs about 50pds if you trade for one--about the same cost as a proof of sonic team. If you can raise your edk and tag along for some woi runs, you could save up for an arrest needle with hit pretty quickly! Once you have that, i would consider looking into getting Psycho Ravens. They will help your single target damage quite a bit :)

Oh, No worries Nills. I have tons of fun playing with you. You're damn good at what you do.

I was confused for a bit though,  haha! I think the overall recommendation of sticking with my snow queen until i find a better HIT ver is good. 

10 hours ago, drdingus said:

Also keep in mind that the person to get the final hit on an enemy receives ~20% more  exp from that enemy (bosses included)

DOH! okay now that I didn't know about. Really clears things up.

7 hours ago, wade1212 said:

How many materials have you used so far?  Sometime before i use my max stat plan with materials i like to pop like 100 power mats from the start.  Gives u a big jump in power at the start.  Later re-stat to whatever your plan is.  

Also Ramar is one of those that gets much better and stronger on the back end.  Like around 175 to 180 things get easier and hes much stronger.

I would try to find a decent Serene Swan also.  Im sure a bunch are around since the event ended recently.

Not sure, I'd have to check later. Probably in the 60-70 range. I know someone gave me an absolute buttload of pow mats.

5 hours ago, Kotta said:

Ah, the nostalgia.

It reminds of myself back when I played before quitting until before the past christmast (or, was It the anniversary event? Idr).

Back then, I used to main a Ramar, which was my favorite class (well, Is), and had a very similar set as yours (Mille Marteaux; Frozen Shooter; Spread Needle; Ultima Reaper [accidentally dropped while hunting spread needle In one person mode], Sacred Cloth, V101, Centurion Ability, Centurion Ability, Heavenly Arms, V501, Yata Mirror, Kama 15 175 5 5).

Then, when I come back, I start to notice that I am not being effective, neither :onion-head22: (and much less In episode 2), like, my current set became more vanilla than It already was :onion-head65:

Man, that's gotta be a spooky feeling to come back to, for sure. but all in all, I'm just glad to have what I have.

3 hours ago, applesaucin said:

Ramar is more utility than dps also.

Humans get a boost to demons and hell. They also have the highest ata, so thats kind of their trade off compared to casts.

But yeah, just gotta focus on the % dmgs and make sure your total atp is maxed. You'll know its maxed when you pres f12 then right, to see your stats. If any of the stats are yellow instead of white they are maxed. 

You can also try sacrficing a goat to r78 for more dps, but those results vary.

E2mYAKIEpKy_tAE5nfuVu-nH9_ialGmAZ0xf5eVj

2 hours ago, jdhenry124 said:

Hey Ace!

So I first want to point you away from running IDS for PDs. I did that for months and it's drives me crazy now thinking about all those wasted runs because there's another quest in episode 2 that is even shorter and ALWAYS drops a PD. If you need PDs run mysteries of the Void in episode 2. Even if you aren't that strong, it shouldn't take longer than 7 and a half minutes to reach the PD box once you understand the route. I'll be hopefully able to post a video of the route to my guide this weekend.

As other people have said, RAmar isn't really known for his damage. He is decent, but he is more used because he has the highest ATA in the game, giving him the most success with special attacks like demons, hell, arrest, etc. 

Having said that, going off of the gear and stats you provided, it sounds like you could use some Power Mats. I recommend using 137 on a RAmar (that's the no unit plan), replacing the HP unit another centurion ability so you get both an ATP and Luck boost, and buying a V101 to replace the H battle (together they shouldn't cost more than 10 pds). Adepts are also great in that they boost your ATA and give resistances but they can be more pricey. You can check how many mats you've eaten by using the /matcount command.

Playing with people that have been on the server for years is an unfair comparison for you to put on yourself. Late game is mostly maxing weapons so you can do as much damage as possible per hit, if you're only a hundred hours or so in the game then your priority now just acquiring decent gear to survive (like red ring, arrest needle with hit%, enough HP and power materials to survive and contribute, etc). 

I believe @Clappy has some decent spread needles with hit, message him and tell him your situation and he'll give you a deal. Your ID also had access to spread needle as a drop, so next time your in during HH ask for people to help you farm one. With no event going on, most people would be down.

As for proof of sonic team (or any item you're looking for) the best bet is to use the search feature and try to find a shop that has been updated in the last few months. If it says 2019 or earlier, chances are they aren't active anymore. And yeah, frozen shooter is preferred over snow queen unless you're lucky enough to have found one with 50+ hit. I have a 45 hit one and it lets me down often enough that it's frustrating. 

Good luck!

Oh MAN, i knew something was off with IDS. Glad you set me straight, I'll try a bunch of Mysteries of the void today and see how that goes. That's the one where the lock is hidden on the topmost right corner, right? I'm somewhat familiar with it, but I was told that IDS was better.

I'll see what I can do for the units and a better spread needle too- those both sound like good prerogatives

Thanks for all the help ay? 
I'll definitely use all the info provided to try and improve myself as best I can.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jdhenry124 said:

Yeah, as you said episode 2 is where you'll be using SQ mostly. Episode 1 has a select few enemies that need freezing (hildentorr comes to mind) but those enemies have EVP that rival ep2 enemies. I gave up on freezing hildentorrs when I was hunting heaven punisher and resorted to either arrest needle spam, or mech guns for a quick kill. There are some instances where SQ is great on ep1 (baranz), but I still don't think using a PB on a 30 hit FS is a good idea

Hildetorr has high EVP? :onion-head49: That I never noticed...

27 minutes ago, RestrictedWings said:

Oh MAN, i knew something was off with IDS. Glad you set me straight, I'll try a bunch of Mysteries of the void today and see how that goes. That's the one where the lock is hidden on the topmost right corner, right? I'm somewhat familiar with it, but I was told that IDS was better.

Yeah the box is found after a series of teleports at the very end of spaceship alpha. When you reach the room with the trap/switch in the middle, hit the switch on the right side, and run out the exit on the left and you'll find the teleports to the PD box

10 minutes ago, Kotta said:

Hildetorr has high EVP? :onion-head49: That I never noticed...

The ones that megid you? Yeah, they're a pain to deal with

Edited by jdhenry124
  • Like 1