A beginners guide to grinding and getting rich on Ultima

53 minutes ago, JADE said:

You can absolutely recommend multi-logging as it is totally allowed on this server. Also, Christmas Catastrophe on very hard gives 2 mats per character per run.  But I understand the idea of making the most profitable use of your time. I just also think that giving more options of quests to run can help players of any experience level achieve the desired goal. What is easy to one player might be difficult to another imo. But thank you for your time and effort. I think this guide will be beneficial.

I'll add Christmas catastrophe in the next day or so then.

I get the idea of adding multiple options for farming items, but that's not what I wanted this guide to be about. I wasted a lot of time when I started by running the wrong quest for certain items. So these recommendations are from my personal experience of putting dozens of hours into the game during quarantine (many of which were wasted doing the wrong quest). so I don't want any confusion for readers about the best use of their time.

The ID and enemy drops are listed, the quest is my recommended method of farming the item given my experience as a new player myself and as a somewhat decently gear player now. I'll make a new character and compare the quest Tots recommended, but if I listed every quest that has Hildeblues or rappys then the guide would be ridiculous.

Edited by jdhenry124

I appreciate the effort of documenting and organizing all the relevant information and guide newbies throughout their journey, but if i may suggest, you and @C01D1 should merge your topics and do a definitive beginners guide in one topic.

Essencially, you both have the same goal - organizing and documenting all the must know information to people that are starting. That way would be easier and more intuitive for people to find the information that they need, instead of looking for multiple topics. You could organize the info for things like:

- Getting Started

- Mechanics

- Tools

- Quests to farm for X objective

- Etc.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jezbuz said:

I appreciate the effort of documenting and organizing all the relevant information and guide newbies throughout their journey, but if i may suggest, you and @C01D1 should merge your topics and do a definitive beginners guide in one topic.

Essencially, you both have the same goal - organizing and documenting all the must know information to people that are starting. That way would be easier and more intuitive for people to find the information that they need, instead of looking for multiple topics. You could organize the info for things like:

- Getting Started

- Mechanics

- Tools

- Etc.

I have linked this guide from mine. That way you get the best of both worlds while still going from the quickstart. 

• Thanks 1

Forgive me if this was already mentioned, but during green names, doing a Fake in Yellow in One Person Mode yields way more Al Rappy than any online mode quest, sometimes yielding up to 9-10 Al Rappy's per run, and each run takes 3 mins tops.

Also, in regards to unsealing, I strongly recommend Battle of Beaufort in Ep2. I think it has even more monsters than IDS and is pretty easy to blow through in normal mode. A good variety in case one gets sick of IDS (which is very likely).

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

Forgive me if this was already mentioned, but during green names, doing a Fake in Yellow in One Person Mode yields way more Al Rappy than any online mode quest, sometimes yielding up to 9-10 Al Rappy's per run, and each run takes 3 mins tops.

Also, in regards to unsealing, I strongly recommend Battle of Beaufort in Ep2. I think it has even more monsters than IDS and is pretty easy to blow through in normal mode. A good variety in case one gets sick of IDS (which is very likely).

The reason for recommending IDS or even MotV over battle of Beaufort is the PD drop. So if you're unsealing a SJS for example, you get on average 40pds (I've unsealed 6 sjs this way). It may take a little longer, but I think most people would prefer getting the PDs over the time difference. (I myself would even spend a couple extra hours running MotV and get 77pds, and 2x if you dual log). 

Wrath of Forest has three rows of 5 rappys in the very first room, so in terms of pure grinding it's hard to top. But I'll look into the quest you recommended as I've never played it myself.

I'll do some comparisons tonight and update the guide with the recommendations everyone has made

7 hours ago, jezbuz said:

- Getting Started

- Mechanics

- Tools

- Etc.

I like the way @C01D1 guide is organized now. As a reference guide for all the posts that I've seen one time and could never find again, as well as the videos and info he provided. 

I think having a page like that, which I can bookmark and use as a one-stop for links to all the useful info on the forums is more user friendly than compiling all the information in one massive post that would take forever to scroll through

Edited by jdhenry124

1 hour ago, jdhenry124 said:

think having a page like that, which I can bookmark and use as a one-stop for links to all the useful info on the forums is more user friendly than compiling all the information in one massive post that would take forever to scroll through

I agree. That's a good point about the massive post. I didn't check his post lately, since i haven't been that actuve lately, so my suggestion is pointless (didn't know that you guys were already that coordenated).

I would like to suggest that a GM pin his or your topic so it stays at top and more convenient to find. @R-78 @Soly (sorry if it's already pinned lol).

Remember that you can also link replies n a topic, so the first post can be used as some sort of summary/index with links to each guide
And while the effort is primarily a beginners guide, and update to this (if needed) would be nice eventually, too.

• 1 year later...