C01D1s Quickstart and FAQ guide for PSOBB Ultima

Hello all,

This is a quick start post I have compiled for new people and individuals that may require a little extra information. Good luck with your hunts and if you are new here welcome to the server!

IMPORTANT NOTE!!! IF YOU CANNOT MOVE PRESS F11!!!!

LEVEL UP FAST:

Sometimes 5X Experience is enabled making this even faster. Fastest way to level up is by spamming TTF VR (toward the future) until you are level 100. Then you can unlock CCA (central control area) by pressing the 3 switches at jungle-, mountain- and seaside area. Once you have unlocked cca you can rush/kill Gal Gryphon over and over again. He gives you the highest exp in game. do that till lvl 200

Max stats calculator (where you can make a plan for your lvl200 character):
https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/tool-box/calculators/max-stats/

COMMANDS:

Usefull commands you will need! you can just enter them into the chat by pressing ENTER:

/dropstyle 1   will change the dropstyle to individual drops so nobody will be able to steal your drops. you should do that asap!
/bank      willl switch to a shared bank which can be access by all your 4 character on your account. execute it again to get back to your character bank
/lobby     will exit every quest and put you to the lobby
/map       will maximize the map if you need to check for something. execute it again to minimize
/hh        will check if happy hour is active und how long it remains. happy hour (180 min duration) gives you a 3x times increased droprate. 1/90 will be 1/30 while hh is active

all the other commands are here: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/tool-box/commands/

TRADING:

People on this server love to trade items. there is a whole market in the forum where you can sell/buy stuff.
There are 2 currencies accepted by the players: Photon Drops (PDs)(THESE CAN BE FARMED IN GAME) and Donation Tickets (DTs) (THESE ARE FORUM ACCOUNT ONLY)

PDs drop while playing or you can collect them at some quests ie. WOI EP2. DTs you can get by donating real money to the server or selling items.

1$ = 1 DT = 7.7 or 8 PDs Subject to negotiation not set in stone. DTs are the ultimate currency. 

There are items that go for 2 PDs and others go for 500 DTs
You can always ask at the chat box on the start page of the forum if you want to know the price of any item.

A beginners guide to grinding and getting rich on Ultima Ty JDHenry

Where can I hunt items and When? Ty Kajex

Useful abbreviations for EVERYTHING; Ty R-78 

Ultima Custom Equipment WIKI; Ty Saber +7

Installing LUA (ie. Floor reader); Ty Yannv

Drop tables https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/drop-tables/

How to send Donations https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?app=donate&module=donate&controller=send&do=sendTotal

PSOBB Ultima Item WIKI https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/items/

Keyboard Controls keyboard-layout.jpg

Tutorial videos

Edited by C01D1
No longer under construction
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Dw 1

We have the kb controls image here https://www.phantasystaronline.net/img/keyboard-layout.jpg, it's linked in the downloads page

Not sure if anything is missing from this one, but this addon install guide is pretty extensive https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/33123-instaling-lua-add-ons-on-psobb-guide/

If you want me to remove this post (my post, I can do)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Soly said:

We have the kb controls image here https://www.phantasystaronline.net/img/keyboard-layout.jpg, it's linked in the downloads page

Not sure if anything is missing from this one, but this addon install guide is pretty extensive https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/33123-instaling-lua-add-ons-on-psobb-guide/

If you want me to remove this post (my post, I can do)

I'll add yours to it thx Soly. 

Maybe adding link to the modifications of the servers, such commands.?

also the Ultima Items Weapons? https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10353-psobb-ultima-itemweaponarmorshieldunit-effects-ie/

There was also a Topic that had information of what items drop on the events and when the events to be expected, already search and cant find it :onion-head30:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Larva said:

Maybe adding link to the modifications of the servers, such commands.?

also the Ultima Items Weapons? https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10353-psobb-ultima-itemweaponarmorshieldunit-effects-ie/

There was also a Topic that had information of what items drop on the events and when the events to be expected, already search and cant find it :onion-head30:

Command list I shall add it. I really don't want to quote outdated old articles however defeats the purpose of what I am trying to put together here. A quick start and FAQ post, a place to redirect new players not overwhelm them with links lol. 

I agree with you on linking to old topics that might have old/incorrect information (if you take stuff from them, you can always give credit to whoever made the original topic).
But maybe you can make individual topics for your guides and link them in a central topic, if that makes it easier to read (not having to scroll a lot to find a specific thing, that is if the post ends up being really long).

I'm down to help with any data/information that I can provide (contacting me over discord is probably better than the forum tho).

Also this is just me, but if something can be explained on text, I'd rather have text than video (or both)

6 minutes ago, Soly said:

I agree with you on linking to old topics that might have old/incorrect information (if you take stuff from them, you can always give credit to whoever made the original topic).
But maybe you can make individual topics for your guides and link them in a central topic, if that makes it easier to read (not having to scroll a lot to find a specific thing, that is if the post ends up being really long).

I'm down to help with any data/information that I can provide (contacting me over discord is probably better than the forum tho).

Also this is just me, but if something can be explained on text, I'd rather have text than video (or both)

Its been revised, I have a good mix of text and visual audio demonstration, better then nothing! for now anyways.

1 minute ago, C01D1 said:

Its been revised, I have a good mix of text and visual audio demonstration, better then nothing! for now anyways.

Thanks for your initiative with this btw.

Again, if you end up using this topic, I can clean it up, so just let me know.

Just now, Soly said:

Thanks for your initiative with this btw.

Again, if you end up using this topic, I can clean it up, so just let me know.

Clean away bro, this is rough it could use some TLC and polish go for it.

1 minute ago, Soly said:

I'll hold on a little bit, once you have other stuff up/need more posts to put new stuff I'll remove these replies.

Cool man if it helps one person the work was worth it. 

I'm going to request this again in this thread, please add resistances to the Ultima stat calculator.

they are much more important than def or evp for surviving the quests needed to farm gear on this server. And right now there's no way to know which gear is best for what quest other than tedious inventory management.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jdhenry124 said:

I'm going to request this again in this thread, please add resistances to the Ultima stat calculator.

they are much more important than def or evp for surviving the quests needed to farm gear on this server. And right now there's no way to know which gear is best for what quest other than tedious inventory management.

I personally don`t have any idea about the stat calculator, I did make an EDK video however to help people cheaply hit 100 EDK. However, if @Soly thinks its something he can add, the calculator is already linked here. Really 100 Dark resistance is all you absolutely need the rest are nice to have but not essential, Cure Freeze, Cure Shock can help with the low resistance status effects.

Which quests are you doing that absolutely need other types of resistance?

Edited by C01D1

1 hour ago, C01D1 said:

I personally don`t have any idea about the stat calculator, I did make an EDK video however to help people cheaply hit 100 EDK. However, if @Soly thinks its something he can add, the calculator is already linked here. Really 100 Dark resistance is all you absolutely need the rest are nice to have but not essential, Cure Freeze, Cure Shock can help with the low resistance status effects.

Which quests are you doing that absolutely need other types of resistance?

Falz - ice resistance

Epsi - fire resistance

Gryphon - lightning resistance

These are the examples that immediately come to mind. If I was underleveled and/or was trying to solo or duo these enemies it would help if I could survive their most common attack. They are also commonly given event drops.

And even if the resistances "are nice but not essential" isn't the entire point of a "max stat calculator" to figure out the best way to max your character with the gear you have?

Edited by jdhenry124

2 minutes ago, jdhenry124 said:

Falz - ice resistance

Epsi - fire resistance

Gryphon - lightning resistance

These are the examples that immediately come to mind. If I was underleveled and/or was trying to solo or duo these enemies it would help if I could survive their most common attack. They are also commonly given event drops.

If you are underleveled and a FO or RAmarl your HP is going to really let you down. However I get what you are saying. The amount you give up padding towards those resistances is kind of crazy however, (EDK has some better custom options) I guess you could also argue that Grants from Falz can be a 1 Hit KO with light resistance. I might be able to make a video or something I will see what I can do.

• Like 1