Mele/fo help

Hello all, so just started my mele/fo

Need help! What material ratio should I'd o? How much power and how must mind? 

What's the best mag to use? Currently have 5 180 25 0 (180)power and 5 0 45 150 (150 mind). 

What's the best 4 slots to add? 

Think my current is 

V801

Cent tp

Cent power 

Cent tp

But obviously want smart link. 

Wepaons in bank 

Rambling may

Slicer of frantic

Infernol girasole 

Bringers rifle 

All hit. 

So yeah just looking for some help first ever mele/fo note I'm only lvl 35 atm. But willing to buy/trade for new items that will of use for when I can use them :)

Melee FO will either be FOmar/marl which means you'll have 250 mats to play around with. I used 110 pow, 125 mind, 15 luck on my fomar (can reset power when I reach 200). And used CBatt and 3 adepts until I leveled enough to replace one Adept with a smartlink, and then a second Adept with V502. (V801 isn't really that useful imo).

Best weapons are easily banana cannon for crowd control, and lindcray or sacred bow for high single Target sniping. Rage de glace is also useful, but requires you being very close. And sambas fiesta is great for tower and seabed

You can also use TYB, Ultima reaper, Rico/Tyrell parasol, but FOs are so soft it's not really worth it when you have such good ranged options

Edited by jdhenry124
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jdhenry124 said:

Melee FO will either be FOmar/marl which means you'll have 250 mats to play around with. I used 110 pow, 125 mind, 15 luck on my fomar (can reset power when I reach 200). And used CBatt and 3 adepts until I leveled enough to replace one Adept with a smartlink, and then a second Adept with V502. (V801 isn't really that useful imo).

Best weapons are easily banana cannon for crowd control, and lindcray or sacred bow for high single Target sniping. Rage de glace is also useful, but requires you being very close. And sambas fiesta is great for tower and seabed

You can also use TYB, Ultima reaper, Rico/Tyrell parasol, but FOs are so soft it's not really worth it when you have such good ranged options

Nice thank you for the info Jon, yeah I ment I have 502 not 801 my bad, yeah I'm. Currently trying to buy a banana cannon atm, but no one seems to be selling! Didn't think of adepts tbh! Il have to buy 3! And il wait hunt ult reaper at Halloween event for sure, which mag stats would be best? Also if you have the power and mind mats il buy them :)

5 minutes ago, Link1990 said:

Nice thank you for the info Jon, yeah I ment I have 502 not 801 my bad, yeah I'm. Currently trying to buy a banana cannon atm, but no one seems to be selling! Didn't think of adepts tbh! Il have to buy 3! And il wait hunt ult reaper at Halloween event for sure, which mag stats would be best? Also if you have the power and mind mats il buy them :)

I just use a standard 5/150/45/0 mag, I don't worry about a custom mag until I get close to 200. If I want to nuke I'll switch it out. But the mind mats are really just so you can use all the FO weapons asap, not for techs. Gear affects your tech damage way more than mst. I'd recommend getting a three seals for the resistances to tide you over until the volt op/hylian shield.

And I have plenty of mind mats, but currently low on power mats. But I'll sell you what I have

Edited by jdhenry124

You can always use the Max Stat calculator to... calculate max stat:onion-head09: [duh :onion-head65:]

But yeah, that. You need to keep In mind that the Important stats to keep at max are ATP, ATA & LCK, especially; Then It's MST. Besides Centurion Battle (or V101, but do not consider Its bonus stats when making a max stat, for you will wish for a Centurion Battle), I believe ADEPT Is also a must [right? >.>] and so Is Smartlink, yes. Then the other units options might rely on V502, V801, Cure units, maybe (well, paralysis & shock, at the very least), etc. 

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/tool-box/calculators/max-stats/&c=10&l=200&m10=0&m11=209&m12=11&m13=0&m14=30&m15=0&m16=0&m20=0&m21=170&m22=29&m23=1&i0=-1&i1=172&i2=78&i3=100&i4=-1&i5=81

This Is an example of an old Max Stat for Fomar I did. You can always modify It to something viable to you :onion120:

And finally, remember there Is this amazing mag caretaker @Smoochum who Is masochist enough [xD]  to keep making perfect mags for us :onion-head64:so If Interested check on his Ultimate Mag Sale [or some title like that] 

Edited by Kotta
MagDaddy Smoochum, of course ;D which... I haven't seen In a while :/
  • Like 2

For Fomar/Fomarl, maxing stats is pretty flexible because they can eat more materials. Generally, it doesn't really matter where you allocate your POW/MND on your mag because you can just compensate with materials. As long as you're capping your ATA and not going over the cap, you should be fine.

It sounds like you might be a fomarl since you listed rambling may. For fomarl, a common setup is a 0/126/72/2 mag with 213 Mind and 35 Luck materials.

for this build, units are usually: Centurion/Battle, Smartlink, V502 or V801, and a free slot for resists, hp, cure units, etc. Running an adept in your build is also good, especially if you like to use a lot of spirit weapons.

If you want clear advice on a max stat build, check the Official Max Stats thread here.

some gear options:

Weps:

-Sacred Bow

-Lindcray

-Banana Cannon

-Rico/Tyrell's Parasol

-Glide Divine

-Ten Year Blades

-Rambling May

-Slicer of Fanatic

-Bringer's Rifle 

-Samba Maracas

-Hundred Souls

-Blood Sword

-Rage de Glace

-Ultima Reaper

Armor:

-Sweetheart / Godric's cloak / Kroe's Sweater / Wedding Dress / Neutron Skin / Mother Garb+ / STA

Barrier:

-Agent K costume / Frank Bunny costume / Ylvis costume / Safety Heart

Units:

Centurion/Battle / Smartlink / V502 / V801 / Centurion/Resist / Cure/anything, etc

You can work towards the armor/barrier pretty fast. I'd also suggest that you should try to get the ranged weps first, namely lindcray, banana cannon, and sacred bow--as well as some kind of j/z item like glide divine or bunny costume. Most of the melee weps will need some hit on them or else you will probably get smacked a lot :( You can farm a smartlink on BPD2 hard mode, I have some photon crystals if you need them

Edited by Nills
  • Like 1