What is the best way to farm grinders?

ConnTheElite

As I've started to get into some of the more difficult content its become apparent that my weapons just aren't good enough but I only just started hard mode so the endgame stuff probably isn't available for me yet. So is there is a reliable way to farm grinders to improve my weapons?

I'm a level 50~ Ranger and my section ID is Purplenum.

(Ultimate is a little too meta for my blood, but I would like to at least be able to play on Very Hard without constantly dying.)

11 minutes ago, ConnTheElite said:

As I've started to get into some of the more difficult content its become apparent that my weapons just aren't good enough but I only just started hard mode so the endgame stuff probably isn't available for me yet. So is there is a reliable way to farm grinders to improve my weapons?

(Ultimate is a little too meta for my blood, but I would like to at least be able to play on Very Hard without constantly dying.)

Grinders will not help much. Weapons with hit and enemy attribute %s will help, you really need to focus on a hit spread needle first imo somebody will give you a hit frozen shooter which will be good enough then you just need a set of mech guns like psycho ravens or even cheap dual birds or a no hit serene swan.

Edited by C01D1

23 minutes ago, ConnTheElite said:

To answer your question: blue ID normal mode hildeblue drops trigrinders ep2.

Quest is max attack 2 under the bottom category at the guild counter. In the quest you want to run south until you reach a dead end and then head right and there will be a room of about 12 hildebear/blues. With green names you can get around 5 each run and it takes less than 3 minutes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ConnTheElite said:

You can always try One Person Mode. It's like a walk In the park :onion-head65:

You can slowly adapt there, and understand Ultimate difficulty a little better :onion120:

20 minutes ago, jdhenry124 said:

To answer your question: blue ID normal mode hildeblue drops trigrinders ep2.

Quest is max attack 2 under the bottom category at the guild counter. In the quest you want to run south until you reach a dead end and then head right and there will be a room of about 12 hildebear/blues. With green names you can get around 5 each run and it takes less than 3 minutes

Thank you. You helped me again.

39 minutes ago, C01D1 said:

Grinders will not help much. Weapons with hit and enemy attribute %s will help, you really need to focus on a hit spread needle first imo somebody will give you a hit frozen shooter which will be good enough then you just need a set of mech guns like psycho ravens or even cheap dual birds.

I would like to get my hands on these weapons eventually but I'm not sure if they're currently available to me or not. 

27 minutes ago, Kotta said:

You can always try One Person Mode. It's like a walk In the park :onion-head65:

You can slowly adapt there, and understand Ultimate difficulty a little better :onion120:

I'm sure that with enough time I will get good enough for ultimate eventually, but I'm mostly here for some semi-casual fun. It's not so much ultimate itself I have a problem with, it's the grinding/farming needed to stand a chance. At least from what I've seen/heard from other people playing.

55 minutes ago, C01D1 said:

Grinders will not help much. Weapons with hit and enemy attribute %s will help, you really need to focus on a hit spread needle first imo somebody will give you a hit frozen shooter which will be good enough then you just need a set of mech guns like psycho ravens or even cheap dual birds or a no hit serene swan.

I can throw him a no hit swan if he wants one. I may or may not have a spare pair of charge mechs laying around for him too, gotta check that.

4 hours ago, ConnTheElite said:

I'm sure that with enough time I will get good enough for ultimate eventually, but I'm mostly here for some semi-casual fun. It's not so much ultimate itself I have a problem with, it's the grinding/farming needed to stand a chance. At least from what I've seen/heard from other people playing.

Don't be ashamed to hang around on hard mode. Just because you unlocked a difficulty doesn't mean you have to play it. And with this servers 3x difficulty you'll still level up fairly quickly. 

For very hard and Ult you'll want to have a maxed out mag with twins, 5/150/45/0 for your first mag is standard. And it's the biggest difference between getting smacked around and actually surviving. You can also farm HP mats with blue ID and power mats with green ID. So if you wanted to make a second character (a force or hunter) those would be the IDs I'd recommend.

Also you can look up if there's any decent weapon drops for your ID here:https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/drop-tables/

M&A vise is a great weapon that drops for purple on hard. When you make it to Ult, frozen shooter is a very easy drop.

Also, if you see an open room on Vhard or Ult, feel free to join. Most people don't mind helping out

• Like 1

Cash me outside and ill gib you weps. usually on an ugly racast called tinybits

54 minutes ago, jdhenry124 said:

Don't be ashamed to hang around on hard mode. Just because you unlocked a difficulty doesn't mean you have to play it. And with this servers 3x difficulty you'll still level up fairly quickly. 

For very hard and Ult you'll want to have a maxed out mag with twins, 5/150/45/0 for your first mag is standard. And it's the biggest difference between getting smacked around and actually surviving. You can also farm HP mats with blue ID and power mats with green ID. So if you wanted to make a second character (a force or hunter) those would be the IDs I'd recommend.

Also you can look up if there's any decent weapon drops for your ID here:https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/drop-tables/

M&A vise is a great weapon that drops for purple on hard. When you make it to Ult, frozen shooter is a very easy drop.

Also, if you see an open room on Vhard or Ult, feel free to join. Most people don't mind helping out

Thank you for the advice. I actually got a vise to drop today.

14 minutes ago, RocketTots said:

Cash me outside and ill gib you weps. usually on an ugly racast called tinybits

I might have to take you up on that offer.

Also, about farming grinders [and well, any materia excluding tp materia], or photon drops, too; just, keep doing whatever you are doing on any episode (that always Involves going out there shooting/slashing everything shootable/slashable). They will eventually drop. [Luck materia hardly drops In comparison to the other materias (they say >.>), but If you are patient, they will drop naturally. When? Beats me ;]