Here To Relive The Good Old Days

ConnTheElite

Hello, like many of you here, I grew up playing this game. Specifically, I played the xbox version with my brother back in the day.  After hearing that PSO2 was finally going to get a chance in the west, my fond memories of this game came flooding back to me.

I played as a RAcast, and as such my first character on this version is also a RAcast. However, I will also be playing a HUnewearl to try something else. I only just now killed the dragon for the first time, so it will be a while before I can tackle the higher level content.

I am completely new to the Blue Burst version, so I am still learning the controls and such. I skimmed through the help forms but couldn't find some things I was looking for. Answers or a point in the right direction would be appreciated. 

How do I assign techs/spells to my quick bar (1-9)? I would like to put my healing items on this bar for later.

How do I do emotes/dances? This is just for fun, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Lastly, thank you. I am new, but this community seems very friendly and inviting. I look forward to taking on the high level content with you all some day.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ConnTheElite said:

How do I assign techs/spells to my quick bar (1-9)? I would like to put my healing items on this bar for later.

In the customize menu, hover over what you would like to assign and press the number key you would like it assigned to

27 minutes ago, ConnTheElite said:

How do I do emotes/dances? This is just for fun, but I couldn't find it anywhere

Alt+ a letter key. There's a lot of expressions to chose from

Welcome! Looking forward to playing with you. If you need help with something, just ask those hanging in the lobby. They're usually looking for something to do

• Like 1

Hey, about your quickbar.

I play using a 8bitdo SN30pro+.  Since back in the day, I've used Joy2Key (https://joytokey.net) to assign numbers to the unused buttons on modern pads (like 360 or even ps1 controllers).

So for example I have Shifta+Deband on R3+L3, Jellen+Zalure on dpad right+left, techs on dpad up+down, resta and anti on triggers if i'm playing a force.  That leaves all the directions of the right analog stick to put other techs and items on whenever I need to change it up. 

The only problem with getting this set up is the way PSO:BB assigns buttons to a gamepad when you're starting out.  It tries to force two instances of a menu button, one for opening and closing, the other for opening and confirming, and neither of them can be unassigned.  This would usually leave me short a button the controller, but you can juggle the buttons it forces by sort of...  playing with what they're assigned to.  I can't really put it into words, but it can be done if you pick one button on the controller and go through the list assigning everything to that one button.  I guess I should make a video for it or something.  TL;DR:  Making use of ALL quickbar commands (0-9) is very easy to do and you will only EVER need to touch your keyboard for chat.

Right, thanks for the tips. I think I'm finally starting to get used to the controls on this version. I just beat Episode 1 on Normal Mode with my RAcast.

I did some leveling on my HUnewearl, but I think I'm going to wait and see if I can get some of my online friends to pick up this game since the magic classes are so much better on multiplayer.