Some questions from a new BB player

Hi!

I played a fair amount of PSO on the GC a few years back on a custom server so I'm not a total newbie - was wondering if people could give me a hand with a few questions regarding Ultima in particular though.

Firstly - I've been doing guild counter quests in the solo player party mode - when I complete one, I always get kicked back to the main lobby. Is this intended Ultima behaviour? Not a big deal, just a bit inconvenient when you want to complete a few in a row!

Secondly - when playing as a regular party, am I right in thinking you can only access the custom Ultima missions created by the community?

Basically, I just want to solo my way through the game to get myself up to speed again and pick up a few levels and items before starting to play with others. If there is a proper thread about any of these bits, feel free to link!

1 hour ago, ChasHodges said:

Firstly - I've been doing guild counter quests in the solo player party mode - when I complete one, I always get kicked back to the main lobby. Is this intended Ultima behaviour? Not a big deal, just a bit inconvenient when you want to complete a few in a row!

This is intended BB mechanics, all BB private servers will have the same behaviour, you will be sent back to the lobby after finishing a quest.

Secondly - when playing as a regular party, am I right in thinking you can only access the custom Ultima missions created by the community?

There are more quests than just community quests.

Basically, I just want to solo my way through the game to get myself up to speed again and pick up a few levels and items before starting to play with others. If there is a proper thread about any of these bits, feel free to link!

If you can play with other people, that's fine too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 8/8/2020 at 2:37 PM, ChasHodges said:

yes! you are correct, although there's more than just the ultima community's custom missions in multiplayer. There are three main kinds of quests/missions:

1. (Solo Player mode) guild counter quests --> original questline from GC

2. (Multiplayer mode) guild counter missions --> "custom ultima/psobb" quests

3. Government quests --> i recommend doing these first if you're new and want to solo through the game's quests for a bit. I didn't experience these quests on gamecube, so they'll probably be new to you too. These can be found by making a multiplayer room and going straight to the principal's office, then talking to his assistant Momoka on his right. These also "unlock" the rest of the solo player guild counter quests as you complete the government quest story, so you'll probably want to do them at some point if you want to play through the GC storyline again. You'll also get some useful quest rewards along the way if you're new 😉

Ah, brilliant! That's what I was after. 

The server I played on previously just had it all in a standard room. I think there is a lot more content in Ultima overall, I just needed to get my head round where to access it.

Appreciate the help - might see some of you online once I've dipped my toes in a bit more!