"Error: The given path's format is not supported."

nlULOcD.png

SEND HELP.
There's already exclusions in Windows Security for launcher.exe and the Ultima PSOBB folder (no additional anti-virus software installed).
Ultima PSOBB folder's path location is C:\Ultima PSOBB

Does anybody know what's the dealio? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by 777
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, 777 said:

nlULOcD.png

SEND HELP.
There's already exclusions in Windows Security for launcher.exe and the Ultima PSOBB folder (no additional anti-virus software installed).
Ultima PSOBB folder's path location is C:\Ultima PSOBB

Does anybody know what's the dealio? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey! time without seeing you: 3
¿Tried opening the pso executable instead of the launcher?

Edited by Rivaul
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Rivaul said:

Hey! time without seeing you: 3
¿Tried opening the pso executable instead of the launcher?

Ayyy! It has been a while, good to hear from you. 👩‍🏭
Yes, tried running the game anyway but it leads to a black screen when trying to continue to character select.

51 minutes ago, Soly said:

By any chance, could you be using an old launcher?
You can get the latest version in the downloads page https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/downloads/

I'd recommend you to disable your AV temporarily while downloading the file, unless you drop it in a whitelisted folder.
The password to the archive is ultima

Thank you for your reply, Soly.
I manually updated both the launcher and the game files, but the issue persists..

I did get this weird warning while trying to access the files on https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/downloads/:
EIDLcGg.png
Inquiring further leads to a page related to the DNS server that I'm currently using (UltraDNS).
I will have to try changing to another DNS and see if that's the issue.

EDIT: DNS wasn't the issue. Trying to start the game manually leads to an error: 908.

Edited by 777
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Soly said:

By any chance, could you be using an old launcher?

Define older :o
I still have an old pso Installer file saved somewhere, In which I get the other background Image version of the main menu ^_^

[But still haven't risked trying to open It :onion-head22:]

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kotta said:

Define older :o

Well... not the latest version...

7 hours ago, 777 said:

Thank you for your reply, Soly.
I manually updated both the launcher and the game files, but the issue persists..

I did get this weird warning while trying to access the files on https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/downloads/:

Inquiring further leads to a page related to the DNS server that I'm currently using (UltraDNS).
I will have to try changing to another DNS and see if that's the issue.

EDIT: DNS wasn't the issue. Trying to start the game manually leads to an error: 908.

Sadly my launcher, the dll and even the game executable itself is false positive flagged as malware... So you will have to whitelist the files or the directory where the game resides.

1 hour ago, Soly said:

Well... not the latest version...

Sadly my launcher, the dll and even the game executable itself is false positive flagged as malware... So you will have to whitelist the files or the directory where the game resides.

qxGdrOY.png
I whitelisted the launcher and game directory (in Windows Security) to solve a similar problem a few months back, the parameters are still in place. Also; I don't have any additional anti-virus software that could be blocking it..

Is it possible that the ISP is blocking the connection to the patch server?

it could be, if no av is making that warning you saw in the browser?, then is most likely your ISP...

You could try the "this is incorrect" button... otherwise you could send me a pm (or a discord dm) with the name of your ISP so I can check it out

9 hours ago, Soly said:

it could be, if no av is making that warning you saw in the browser?, then is most likely your ISP...

You could try the "this is incorrect" button... otherwise you could send me a pm (or a discord dm) with the name of your ISP so I can check it out

I did use the "this is incorrect" button and sent out a form to dispute the categorization, it seems to have worked because upon trying to load PSOBB today, the launcher was able to communicate with the patch server successfully and update itself as it should. No more error 908. :D
(Also I can access ultimapsobb.com without that malware warning now.)

It's been resolved. Soly, thank you for your assistance. 🙇‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
3 hours ago, 777 said:

I did use the "this is incorrect" button and sent out a form to dispute the categorization, it seems to have worked because upon trying to load PSOBB today, the launcher was able to communicate with the patch server successfully and update itself as it should. No more error 908. :D
(Also I can access ultimapsobb.com without that malware warning now.)

It's been resolved. Soly, thank you for your assistance. 🙇‍♂️

Thank you for helping with that!

• Thanks 1