Wilsons Final Time Attack Event

Saber +7

Event Quest Selection  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which quests would you like to see featured during this event?

• Mop-Up #3, Malicious Uprising #3, New Mop-Up #3
    • Max Attack 1C, Max Attack 2C, Max Attack 4C
    • Christmas Fiasco 1, Cal's Clock Challenge, Realms of War

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2020 at 04:00 AM

8 minutes ago, EFR said:

Who woulda thought that an event catered to the literal single thing on PSO that Wilson actually enjoys somehow managed to be a complete farse because the submissions didn't cater to his retarded false sense of elitism. Who could have possibly guessed this would happen? The whole server, probably.

Sad thing is I actually believed you'd be honest about this since your only redeeming quality as a PSO player is that you're passionate about TA and improvement via TA. But even this shows that's about as disingenuous as everything else you claim to be about. Between the lack of rewards for the people who participated and the blatant lack of respect you have for the other players of Shiida's team, I can't say I'm particularly surprised that you've, once again, fallen flat on your face.

Last Time attack is absolutely right. Please don't try doing this again lol. It's embarrassing.  

I make your words mine.

And the worst part is that Willy is the only person here that doesn't understand how this was managed was simply dishonest.

I don't even have to mention that Willy is a Moderator or a GM (who knows how) and look at the example he's giving to the community.

• Like 2

INB4 willy closes topic after leaving last word..

Clearly management skills, communication skills, commitment to the server, loyalty to the playerbase, level of respect of or by playerbase, humility,  or objectivity were not taken into account when larva decided to choose the latest GM. 

congrats to the players that completely demolished the times using rangers.

3 minutes ago, RocketTots said:

INB4 willy closes topic after leaving last word..

Clearly management skills, communication skills, commitment to the server, loyalty to the playerbase, level of respect of or by playerbase, humility,  or objectivity were not taken into account when larva decided to choose the latest GM. 

congrats to the players that completely demolished the times using rangers.

Go Rangers! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RocketTots said:

Clearly management skills, communication skills

Completely. This is his reply everytime someone is trying to express their point of view and it's contrasting with his:

3 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

I won’t reply about this anymore. 

Mad skillz of comunicationz

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 2

What a shocking twist! Little Miss Texas and his merry band of TA incels have made a mockery of themselves. Can't wait to see what happens next.

• Like 2
  • Dw 1

100 hit saber for the person with the best time in responding to this message before saber closes the topic due to lack of integrity. 69 submissions minimum. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketTots said:

100 hit saber for the person with the best time in responding to this message before saber closes the topic due to lack of integrity. 69 submissions minimum. 

Can I submit 69 times?

Why are the non participants posting so much than the actual people that participated? This issue should have been dealt with through pm. All these responses is just making ultima look even more trashy. I do agree some consolation prizes should be awarded but at the end of the day that’s up to Wilson’s consideration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Time to [tl;dr] post here.

On 8/2/2020 at 6:28 PM, Starlord said:

Why are the non participants posting so much than the actual people that participated?

Probably because they care about other people, and this is actually appreciated.

I am not trying to take side just because I am one of the participants myself, but I will give my honest opinion regardless of whoever would have "won" this event.

The event time was really not a good time as it was overlapping with Summer event. If you waited just one more month and made it in August, I'm sure lot more people would have tried, as there is no Ultima event going on in this period. You said this was because you were going to be busy starting from now, but how does it matter? If you are the judge of this event, all you needed to do is waiting for the deadline and checking the videos + announcing the winners. (this should take no more than a day) There was no need to be active during the submissions time. (unless you really were willing to participate to your own event, which is... weird)

This is kinda disappointing that you can't find a middle ground about the question of rewarding the participants or not.

Yes it was meant to be a competition but can't you aknowledge that the time and efforts spent by my team (which broke old ultima records) deserved something?

Well I am pretty sure you actually specifically disliked (and certainly trashed) our ROW run because it is a gameplay you sure despise a lot. But 2 weeks in order to learn 3 long quests are far from enough... and that is assuming the 4 players are available during those 2 weeks.

If it was a 1P or 2P teams event, it would sound more reasonnable, but I think you can understand how hard it is to gather 4 players to regularly play together and learn new quests? Since we noticed the DM strategies were good enough to end up with 5:07 left, we decided not to waste more time in this quest and focus on the other two. Of course I am not proud of the ROW run but we had schedules issues, we still managed to get 24 hours of practice together, and pretty much sacrified our last weeks of summer event.

Trust me I would understand you don't want to reward a team if their submitted times were lame or even decent, but this is not the case.

Well, your golden rule makes you officially clean for not rewarding anyone. So onto the next point:

Why did you wait for the poll to end in order to add that latest rule? Why didn't you specify it before the poll ended? I think this is pretty clear: you saw the people chose the hardest quests, you pretty much knew most people would not make it to the end, and decided to add a safety rule in order to save your gear thanks to the quests choice.

Else you could have considered Yan's suggestion here:

On 7/18/2020 at 6:34 PM, Yannv said:

Just wanted to suggest that IN CASE competitor teams are not able to finish Realms of War (which is a really hard quets by itself, let alone the fact you can't start with PB), then instead, you count the everyone's team performance at this quest by the number of spawns killed when time reaches zero, which is given by a NPC right at the quest counter.

Now if teams are able to finish them given the new items added to the server, you can probably ignore this idea.

Applicable on CCC as well: you could just consider which wave everyone reached and count every remaining wave as negative timer for score calculation. Example: every missing wave is counted as a 10 seconds penalty, Team 2 made it to Wave 98 before timer reached 0, there were 2 waves remaining so their entry is scored as " - 20 seconds left remaining " so they are still qualified and can try to catch up the 20 lost seconds on another quest.

That way, the people who could not finish a quest could still submit something to your event. And there are a couple people in that case, they could not submit times because they did not pass Tower part in CCC. So the reason why there was only one submission is because the others were just unable to complete the quests, but they actually tried to participate. Not because 

On 8/1/2020 at 11:30 PM, Saber +7 said:

I truly thought people would play for a 100h Dark Flow and that just wasn’t the case. 

Don't you think if this extra rule was here since the beginning, the people could have voted for something else than CF+ROW+CCC? This would actually be a good strategy, as it is a competition event, you choose the most difficult set of quests in order to eliminate as many teams as possible. But that rule makes it totally different since you require other teams not to be eliminated, so people would rather vote for the easy MU3 quests to make sure everyone can do it.

So as it was, it looks like you've always been planning to sanction the 1st team if other teams were not capable of completing the quests. It's like saying "you won this competition but since your rivals were too noobs, here's your replacement rewards: 

Spoiler

If you wanted to be that generous to the point you originally wanted to give the whole content of every account you had, how is that a problem to at least give just a couple of items you don't even use to reward the participants for their time spent and efforts? Just as a symbolic move? Doesn't even have to be something as valuable as your top tier items.

Everyone would be happy: the participants at least got something at the end and didn't TOTALLY waste their time, you wouldn't have got all the (justified) rant in this topic for not doing anything, and it would motivate everyone to look forward and participate to your next event if there is one. 

But now with such an event ending, how can people trust you for the next time you try to host a TA mini event?

And no "their time will forever be on the leaderboards" and "her team improved their abilities to play together" are not rewards. Most people don't ever look at those charts. When a new record is done, it is normal that you add the time to TA leaderboards, since that's literally the purpose of it.

And if all of that was just about getting names into those leaderboards, you could pretty much summarize the event topic to this:

Spoiler

Welcome to my final time attack event topic.

Choose a quest and try to finish it as fast as possible. Good luck!

Exact same "rewards" and conditions, except that you don't get any dates restriction so it's actually even better.

Regarding the promised rewards, I told you but I will say it again.

Why does it have to be ALL or NOTHING?

Just in your listed stuff there are

• 50 weapons 80 hit
  • 2 weapons 85 hit
  • 2 weapons 90 hit
  • 2 weapons 100 hit
  • 4 SonicTeam armors

including

• 8 Dark flows
  • 2 Dark meteors

Literally 60 endgame items at least.

This is obviously way too much for just 4 people. Hence why I told you that I and my team were planning to share the rewards with all other participants if we were to win this event.

You said you didn't like this idea, just tell me why?

Wasn't your goal to motivate people and get as many players as possible into Time attack, the only game aspect that you enjoy? 

I'm sure a lot more of people would have attempted to run this event if the rewards were split better, like 

• 4th place gets 15x4 dts
  • 3rd place gets 4 weapons 80 hit
  • 2nd place gets 4 dark weapons
  • 1st place gets all the remaining items

There's still a big value gap between every prize so you still get the competition spirit you wanted, but it also suddenly becomes much more attractive. Especially to anyone new to TA (2 of my team actually were) who could be afraid to try it if they know only the best team gets something.

Now you are basically saying "you were warned you wouldnt get sh*t if there is no other submissions" so it's like "it's nothing but your fault that you decided to participate to my event". True I guess, but I didn't know you would rather have no one showing interest to your event than one team playing the game. So yeah my team was the one to blame for doing that gamble. Nice reasonning.

So I listed 3 important points that could make your event get more popular.

1. Dates and duration
  2. Prizes repartition
  3. Clarity of rules before the votes

Leaving that here, I'm not going to force you to give anything, and you took a straight decision already anyways. I am actually more concerned about the lack of humanity than the absence of rewards itself.

And don't get me wrong, I personally was actually prepared to get nothing since the day I started as I sure don't really need anything in this game, so this post is only my opinion rather than a way to pressure Wilson in order to give anything.

For now I just want to congratulate my teamates for doing their best and achieving new records, even though they are not as pro as you. And I feel guilty for inciting them to run the whole thing for nothing so I am sorry about that.

I believe there is nothing more to expect from you here so feel free to lock this topic.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, R-78 said:

TL;DR

jk :)

When I finished reading this epic post my mind was like this when deciding which reaction I should give:

source.gif

Really If I could give more than one reaction I would gladly do it 👏 I agree with everything you said and summarized pretty well about which direction this Event should have taken in order to avoid a major failure.
(Sadly I can't react anymore today 😕)

I think @Saber +7 should at the very least make a conclusion/perspective post about the event itself instead of hiding under the skirts of staff  closing it abruptly.

Edited by Yannv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dw 1

tl:dr :onion-head09:

[nah jk :onion-head63: I actually took 8 minutes to read all that :onion120: ]

3 hours ago, R-78 said:

So as it was, it looks like you've always been planning to sanction the 1st team if other teams were not capable of completing the quests. It's like saying "you won this competition but since your rivals were too noobs, here's your replacement rewards: 

Well just one thing about this:

If such an Issue like that were to exist, then you could, like, post an average time record any winner should.. over-score, or something... [In the case where there are few participants and some of them were really below that average.] (But not a very hard average :onion-head22: )

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

I am actually more concerned about the lack of humanity than the absence of rewards itself.

This sums up everything and how i feel about all this (and it didn't affect me directly). I don't like these values/morals (or the lack of them) in our community, especially by someone that is server staff member of a community that i like alot.

And i can say something about that, even tho knowing that i will be labled as being toxic or doing "irreversable damage to the community and scaring away people from the server" or the classic "yOu GuYs OnLy MaKe DrAmA lolz". And the event host behaviour is worst than any negative comment written in this topic about this matter. But Willy doesn't understand why people react like this lol.

So yeah, i care about this and i have the right to express my opinion on this. Not because it's a matter of gear value, but because it's a matter of decency and a very unfair resolution.

This all situation was really "small PP energy".

That is indeed a very long post and probably the best one on this thread. If I was going to lock this I already would've y'all are free to destroy this topic as much as y'all want. I suppose I will give a final reply addressing as many of R78s points as possible.

42 minutes ago, R-78 said:

The event time was really not a good time as it was overlapping with Summer event. If you waited just one more month and made it in August, I'm sure lot more people would have tried, as there is no Ultima event going on in this period. You said this was because you were going to be busy starting from now, but how does it matter? If you are the judge of this event, all you needed to do is waiting for the deadline and checking the videos + announcing the winners. (this should take no more than a day) There was no need to be active during the submissions time. (unless you really were willing to participate to your own event, which is... weird)

I am going to busy for at least the next few months. I only am playing a little bit of PSO at the moment, and have no interest in working with something like this in that time frame. I also wanted to dump all my Ultima items by now as well (in a way I feel/felt was/is worthy). I also was interested in participating in my own event and was trying to but we had issues. I would have dumped the items to the other 3 if we won. 

56 minutes ago, R-78 said:

This is kinda disappointing that you can't find a middle ground about the question of rewarding the participants or not.

Yes it was meant to be a competition but can't you aknowledge that the time and efforts spent by my team (which broke old ultima records) deserved something?

Well I am pretty sure you actually specifically disliked (and certainly trashed) our ROW run because it is a gameplay you sure despise a lot. But 2 weeks in order to learn 3 long quests are far from enough... and that is assuming the 4 players are available during those 2 weeks.

If it was a 1P or 2P teams event, it would sound more reasonnable, but I think you can understand how hard it is to gather 4 players to regularly play together and learn new quests? Since we noticed the DM strategies were good enough to end up with 5:07 left, we decided not to waste more time in this quest and focus on the other two. Of course I am not proud of the ROW run but we had schedules issues, we still managed to get 24 hours of practice together, and pretty much sacrified our last weeks of summer event.

Trust me I would understand you don't want to reward a team if their submitted times were lame or even decent, but this is not the case.

Well, your golden rule makes you officially clean for not rewarding anyone. So onto the next point:

I am not interested in a middle ground really. I wanted one (only one set) of players to receive every item of value on my accounts. 

I view my items as a collection and am not interested in breaking it up in more than 4P and even 4P is already spreading it thin. If y'all feel so strongly about receiving something for the time y'all spent feel free to take the remainder of my DTs. I truly wish this had turned into a true competition because that's what it was intended to be. Never in Ultima has a prize pool so large ever been up for grabs (maybe 2011 65 DT custom items is the only rival) and I wanted to see competition in the hunt for the prize. I am still fairly blown away that not a single other group of 4 was able to submit something as the items are extremely unique and valuable here.

Your runs certainly blow all old times out of the water and that in itself is impressive to me, they're clean for the time given and amount practiced. It's no doubt they're done in style I do not value and that's no secret. The quest pool was voted on by the players. I didn't chose it. I included 3 selections of what I felt were easy, medium, and hard quests. The time frame for the event was posted in tandem with the poll so perhaps the voters should have considered the difficulty in relation to the time allowed (I know you didn't vote). This event was supposed to be in my opinion particularly freeing to the players. They could chose the quest, play with any team, and didn't even have to actually have gear because the test server was an option. 

I know 4P is hard to get and that's why I/we were unable to participate.  RoW is probably the hardest quest on PSO and anyone who clears it should feel at least a little happy. The list of players to clear is fairly small in the grand scheme. 

The rule was there and no one really gripped much about it at the time. I do admit I did not think of the influence the rule would've had on voting if it was there, but I have a slight feeling the outcome would be the same.

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

Why did you wait for the poll to end in order to add that latest rule? Why didn't you specify it before the poll ended? I think this is pretty clear: you saw the people chose the hardest quests, you pretty much knew most people would not make it to the end, and decided to add a safety rule in order to save your gear thanks to the quests choice.

Else you could have considered Yan's suggestion here:

Applicable on CCC as well: you could just consider which wave everyone reached and count every remaining wave as negative timer for score calculation. Example: every missing wave is counted as a 10 seconds penalty, Team 2 made it to Wave 98 before timer reached 0, there were 2 waves remaining so their entry is scored as " - 20 seconds left remaining " so they are still qualified and can try to catch up the 20 lost seconds on another quest.

That way, the people who could not finish a quest could still submit something to your event. And there are a couple people in that case, they could not submit times because they did not pass Tower part in CCC. So the reason why there was only one submission is because the others were just unable to complete the quests, but they actually tried to participate. Not because 

I waited to add the rule because I had not thought of it until after the initial posting. I know it's not the case but imagine if only one or two teams posted and they just barely cleared each of these quests and all the sudden I reigning a poor set of runs the ultimate prize. That just isn't what this event was intended to be. The desired outcome was at the minimum mildly competitive times and back n forth between teams making improvements.  

I did think about the minimum waves cleared and enemies killed thing, but there's so many videos of clears of these quests combined with test server that I ultimately decided players SHOULD be finishing these runs. 

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

Don't you think if this extra rule was here since the beginning, the people could have voted for something else than CF+ROW+CCC? This would actually be a good strategy, as it is a competition event, you choose the most difficult set of quests in order to eliminate as many teams as possible. But that rule makes it totally different since you require other teams not to be eliminated, so people would rather vote for the easy MU3 quests to make sure everyone can do it.

Rewards (Reveal hidden contents)

If you wanted to be that generous to the point you originally wanted to give the whole content of every account you had, how is that a problem to at least give just a couple of items you don't even use to reward the participants for their time spent and efforts? Just as a symbolic move? Doesn't even have to be something as valuable as your top tier items.

Everyone would be happy: the participants at least got something at the end and didn't TOTALLY waste their time, you wouldn't have got all the (justified) rant in this topic for not doing anything, and it would motivate everyone to look forward and participate to your next event if there is one. 

But now with such an event ending, how can people trust you for the next time you try to host a TA mini event?

And no "their time will forever be on the leaderboards" and "her team improved their abilities to play together" are not rewards. Most people don't ever look at those charts. When a new record is done, it is normal that you add the time to TA leaderboards, since that's literally the purpose of it.

I hadn't thought of this rules impact on votes, and that's definitely a mistake. I do have a feeling that the outcome would still be the same as people seemingly picked the hardest quest line without considering: difficulty, time, or rule-set. So why would they have considered the submission minimum. Additionally most of these voters didn't even participate so they care even less about the rule. I know there were a few people looking to that just couldn't compile a full group, and that blows. 

I want to give away my entire collection to a group of players that were able to truly compete. Not a subset of items or single items, but the whole thing. I know y'all posted your runs, but no one else did which pretty much just fucks y'all. I didn't and don't feel satisfied giving any number of items unless the conditions were met and the winners were proper. 

I wouldn't be happy. 

I doubt there will ever be another TA event here (especially by me). Even with the most absurd of prizes the participation was nearly non-existent. 

You're right it is supposed to be done when a record is set, but being first on the leaderboard is typically the only reward for setting a record. Chemistry certainly isn't a reward though. The rules indicated from the start that there was a possibility no prizes were given. It's unfortunate that's what happened, but it did. 

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

Regarding the promised rewards, I told you but I will say it again.

Why does it have to be ALL or NOTHING?

Just in your listed stuff there are

• 50 weapons 80 hit
  • 2 weapons 85 hit
  • 2 weapons 90 hit
  • 2 weapons 100 hit
  • 4 SonicTeam armors

including

• 8 Dark flows
  • 2 Dark meteors

Literally 60 endgame items at least.

This is obviously way too much for just 4 people. Hence why I told you that I and my team were planning to share the rewards with all other participants if we were to win this event.

You said you didn't like this idea, just tell me why?

Wasn't your goal to motivate people and get as many players as possible into Time attack, the only game aspect that you enjoy? 

I'm sure a lot more of people would have attempted to run this event if the rewards were split better, like 

• 4th place gets 15x4 dts
  • 3rd place gets 4 weapons 80 hit
  • 2nd place gets 4 dark weapons
  • 1st place gets all the remaining items

There's still a big value gap between every prize so you still get the competition spirit you wanted, but it also suddenly becomes much more attractive. Especially to anyone new to TA (2 of my team actually were) who could be afraid to try it if they know only the best team gets something.

It is supposed to be all or nothing because I do not want to think about my normal mode items any longer. I don't want to just hand them out in conditions I'm not comfortable with and the conditions I was/am comfortable with were laid out from the start. I do not want to split this stuff between an abundance of people because it becomes less and less useful each time you take items for it and it's supposed to be a "full TA set" and even splitting it among 4 players is tough. 

I don't like 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place because those are all still losing places. I added a 2nd place "prize" just so that I could empty my DTs as well. 

The value gap is intended. 

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

Now you are basically saying "you were warned you wouldnt get sh*t if there is no other submissions" so it's like "it's nothing but your fault that you decided to participate to my event". True I guess, but I didn't know you would rather have no one showing interest to your event than one team playing the game. So yeah my team was the one to blame for doing that gamble. Nice reasonning.

So I listed 3 important points that could make your event get more popular.

1. Dates and duration
  2. Prizes repartition
  3. Clarity of rules before the votes

Leaving that here, I'm not going to force you to give anything, and you took a straight decision already anyways. I am actually more concerned about the lack of humanity than the absence of rewards itself.

And don't get me wrong, I personally was actually prepared to get nothing since the day I started as I sure don't really need anything in this game, so this post is only my opinion rather than a way to pressure Wilson in order to give anything.

For now I just want to congratulate my teamates for doing their best and achieving new records, even though they are not as pro as you. And I feel guilty for inciting them to run the whole thing for nothing so I am sorry about that.

It is true the rule was there from the beginning and like I said I am really surprised no one else tried. 

3. is the biggest point I will concede to, but I think the points I made about it are semi-valid. I chose this duration and prize division for my own reasons even if they dumb to others.

I will only offer those DTs but they are nothing compared to what was up for grabs. Sorry. 

Well done on getting into and being the only team to actually submit, and I am sorry that no one else did. At the minimum my team should've put something together.

In regards to everyone else that's just shit posting here, I don't really understand well because most of you did not participate and had no problems with the rule set until after the fact. Y'all should've participated because there are enough triforce members to have put together at least 1 or 2 squads. All the sudden the issue is gone and there'd be a proper winner. I am still shocked that none of you were interested in the prize pool. 

Like  I said I will not lock the topic and y'all are free to shit in it all you want, and I really won't be replying after this because like Shiida said this is a pretty ample summary of the issues and my thoughts about them.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

I just wanted to say that a 4 player TA is difficult to coordinate. I personally tried to make a submission. I joined 2 different teams. Unfortunately, do to life and work, things did not work out. I thought at the beginning of this event that UPS was the only team on the server who even had a chance at having enough people that were able to play together for enough time to make a submission in such a short amount of time.

To the players on the UPS team.....amazing job. Thank you for your time. Your submissions were amazing!!! I wish that I had a group that could get together and give you a run for your money. But this effort was unbelievably amazing!!

To Wilson, well, it ended much like was expected. Just like "Lemon's" battle event. Events like this just leave a sour taste in your mouth. 

• Like 11