Wilsons Final Time Attack Event

Saber +7

Event Quest Selection  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which quests would you like to see featured during this event?

• Mop-Up #3, Malicious Uprising #3, New Mop-Up #3
    • Max Attack 1C, Max Attack 2C, Max Attack 4C
    • Christmas Fiasco 1, Cal's Clock Challenge, Realms of War

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2020 at 04:00 AM

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I said it at the start about 3 submissions minimum. I don’t know why people are acting as if I suddenly decided to say that after the time was up. It was a known risk and I’m sorry that it happened. I truly thought people would play for a 100h Dark Flow and that just wasn’t the case. 

If you have a limit of submissions, then you take them before the running begins. Then you cancel at that point if there are not enough participants. You don't add a limit WHEN the running starts, but before.

2 minutes ago, jdhenry124 said:

I think people are just upset to see those that chose to invest the time in your event get absolutely nothing. This seems like an easy fix as you are a GM and can offer them something for the time and effort they put in. And it would also encourage participation in future events you organize. 

Hit the nail on the head there.

Also unrelated but:

really.png.e1caab1559f69868e92a1ac27eedad40.png

It may sound like a petty remark, but R-78 wasn't the only one who participated in that team and tried hard to get the best scores. At least acknowledge the other 3 participants. It's not her times but theirs.

• Like 6

- considering that public times/results rather than private could have potentially jamed the submission amount?
-> *Silence*
- considering consolation prizes for people who participated and spent time in a time-consuming event?
-> *Silence*
- repeating that it was 3 submissions minimum?
-> *repeating that it was 3 submissions minimum*

I don't know what to say anymore aside that I agree with Bob about your silence and those vague responses that ignore the messages posted previously... especially the ones that imply some empathy from you about the time invested, the hard quests choosen in the poll with a lot of votes and just a few participants, etc. Very light reaction from you @Saber +7 imo

@jdhenry124 summarized the idea pretty well

• Like 6

ok this has gone too far we need to stop everything 

AND FREAKING GIVE @Yannv a cookie for this master piece

1 hour ago, Yannv said:

uQ2yk7g.png

btw @Lipelis, @bobshlibidich @jdhenry124 @ogdark you guys made really good points, but i'm sorry @Yannv take the cake.. xD

Edited by 3Psy

1 hour ago, Lipelis said:

- considering that public times/results rather than private could have potentially jamed the submission amount?
-> *Silence*
- considering consolation prizes for people who participated and spent time in a time-consuming event?
-> *Silence*
- repeating that it was 3 submissions minimum?
-> *repeating that it was 3 submissions minimum*

Sure I’ll bite one more time. 
I specifically wanted public results to encourage improvements. 

I’m not giving participation award 

I don’t know what to say the 3 submission minimum was added before runs began taking place. Not an unknown caveat added randomly. 

Another thing to note for bob. I’m not giving away GM items. I was giving away my own hunted or traded items from my real account. I cannot just make up some participation award. The other remark about crediting the others is pedantic as hell. They will all get credit on leaderboards and obviously all took part in the run but I reference Shiida because she is the leader of the team. 

I won’t reply about this anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

39 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I’m not giving participation award 

I don’t know what to say the 3 submission minimum was added before runs began taking place. Not an unknown caveat added randomly. 

Another thing to note for bob. I’m not giving away GM items. I was giving away my own hunted or traded items from my real account. I cannot just make up some participation award. The other remark about crediting the others is pedantic as hell. They will all get credit on leaderboards and obviously all took part in the run but I reference Shiida because she is the leader of the team. 

I don't really want to continue dog piling on you, but you were complaining about attendance on this server earlier and tried to ascribe it to chatbox bickering, as if RocketTots making inside jokes hurts the server somehow and discourages new players.

But here is a GM and leader of the server that can't show empathy for players that participated in his event, but won't get a prize because of something they have no control over (other players submitting times). 

Which do you think looks worse to potential new players?

If they missed out on farming items for summer event just give them a cent/battle or PBC. It's really not hard.

Edited by jdhenry124
  • Like 8
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Saber +7 said:

Which, whether purposefully or not, would stop anyone below the best time uploaded from posting their own, resulting in not having enough submissions. 15 dts is not as attractive as a DF 100h

It was added right before the runs began. The problem for me is not that it was added randomly (it wasn't), but that you should have added that rule near the beginning and taken the registration of the teams at the end of the vote to see if there are enough teams so that people don't waste their time working for a nonexistent reward (getting your score on the leaderboards is not a ''reward'').

Another thing to note for bob. I’m not giving away GM items.

I never asked for that. Jdhenry did.

I was giving away my own hunted or traded items from my real account. I cannot just make up some participation award. 

Most of which you can part with because you'll never use them anyway. I'm not asking you to empty your entire bank, but to give an item to those who actually spent the time for your event as a sign of appreciation for their dedication.

The other remark about crediting the others is pedantic as hell. They will all get credit on leaderboards and obviously all took part in the run but I reference Shiida because she is the leader of the team. 

They get credit on the leaderboards but not from you. While I have a lot of respect for Shiida and her abilities, everyone worked together as a team and saying it's HER team and HER times and commenting that their times were just ''alright'' devalues the effort they all spend those last 2 weeks.

I will stop as well. It's clear that we're both wasting our time because we will not come to an understanding or at least a compromise. Have a nice day.

Edited by bobshlibidich
  • Like 7

This is so silly. I don't even have the inspiration to argue or to shitpost.

This is complete intellectual dishonesty

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Sad 3

Final Time Attack, has there ever been a more honest statement?

To be fair though I really hope that something is done for this. Peoples time is worth something.

Edited by C01D1
  • Like 4

I'm sure if it was a team submitting a beautiful gameplay composed by 4x HUcast using Dark Flow the entire run he would think twice about not giving prizes.

But it was just a "DM spam" run, which was the optimal choice given the short deadline and the fact everyone were more worried about farming Centurion/Battles rather than getting only 15 DTs from his event (or nothing in this case).

I was supposed to also submit a game with a few friends, but we commited the mistake of accepting Wilson itself on our party and many disagreements happened, so we ended giving up before moving to CCC or ROW. Many times he didn't listen us, ignored our requests to extend the deadline and if we didn't record the gameplay as he believes that is the only way to play the damn game, he wouldn't play.

Anyways I'm not sure if anyone did that already (and I'm not reading all of that shitstorm that this topic became into again) but I just wanted to congratulate the team who destroyed all the current records for Cal's Clock Challenge and Realms of War (idk if there was a record for Chrismas Fiasco 1 before).

Although most of the people who voted for the hardest set of quests ever didn't bother to even attempt playing the event, that French community accepted the challenge, sweated a lot, sacrified their time in order to bring us some entertainment. They more than deserve consolation prizes and appraisals from the community. 👏👏👏 @R-78 @3Psy @Noopy @JupiterDeMars Bravo!!

Now for Saber+7...

oroo86U.png

Edited by Yannv
  • Like 5
  • Haha 10

Also forgot to congrat the team that submited and put effort and time on this silly event for a damn "high five" and a low effort "gj"

Edited by jezbuz
  • Thanks 2

Who woulda thought that an event catered to the literal single thing on PSO that Wilson actually enjoys somehow managed to be a complete farse because the submissions didn't cater to his retarded false sense of elitism. Who could have possibly guessed this would happen? The whole server, probably.

Sad thing is I actually believed you'd be honest about this since your only redeeming quality as a PSO player is that you're passionate about TA and improvement via TA. But even this shows that's about as disingenuous as everything else you claim to be about. Between the lack of rewards for the people who participated and the blatant lack of respect you have for the other players of Shiida's team, I can't say I'm particularly surprised that you've, once again, fallen flat on your face.

Last Time attack is absolutely right. Please don't try doing this again lol. It's embarrassing.  

Edited by EFR
  • Like 4