Wilsons Final Time Attack Event

Saber +7

Event Quest Selection  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which quests would you like to see featured during this event?

• Mop-Up #3, Malicious Uprising #3, New Mop-Up #3
    • Max Attack 1C, Max Attack 2C, Max Attack 4C
    • Christmas Fiasco 1, Cal's Clock Challenge, Realms of War

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/15/2020 at 04:00 AM

Yo dudes and dudettes :3
Im from Germany and dont have many players to play with at max lvl I guess;
So I wanted to ask if a group needs a 4th player or some peepz just wanna hunt something :D , during this event and exceed :3

Im playin lv 200 HuCast, with some experience over the years (I would call myself a noob still) but im doin decent damages I guess x)

I hope its not too cringe to post this under this event but, summer and this event ends soon, so I'll try my best shot x)

Greetz to all of you, and of course gl with ur hunts ❤️

Edited by valken1992
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving my team submission here.

- @JupiterDeMars hod_dog (racast) / noudle (ramarl)
- @Noopy ZYIOU (racast)
- @3Psy knuckles (racast)
- @R-78 Ard (racast)

Christmas Fiasco - 20:18 remaining (09:42 elapsed)

Cal's Clock Challenge - 03:55 remaining 

Realms of War - 05:07 remaining (14:53 elapsed)

As you noticed there is a lot of DM use (especially in ROW which was pretty much new to everyone) but this was supposed to be a competition in which only the time matters, rather than the classes/weapons used.

We actually tried quite a few runs with different compositions, but the results always came into the same conclusion: 4-rangers tend to outclass any other strategies we tried.

A perfectly planned hunters strategy could probably do better but would require to learn every quest spawns perfectly, which was not possible regarding how we only had 2 weeks to learn 3 pretty long quests. Still we spent a lot of time on this event.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Saber +7 (excuse my english i'm french so i don't know if you'll understand my point corectly)

After two weeks of dedication, full commitment and discipline, this the result, a nice tap in the back.

So we played on the test server just to train as hard as we could as a team, almost 24h hours in a span of two weeks, doesn't seems a lot, but i may remind you that people have job/life and so on, combine this with the fact that it is difficulty to be 4players online at the same time, for a long period of time, and you'll see the struggle we went through.

Concerning the poll for the quest, i haven't much to say, but i'm more upset because 16people voted for the hardest choice like those quest are a cake walk. only one thing was really not smart from you is the 4p No-PB regardless the quest selected. Some people can't dedicate that much time to learn and have the skillset that allow them to complete CF/CCC/ROW, and you know it, but you made the rule clear on this point, so you exclude almost everyone from the event, and the addition of the 20PB at the start wouldn't change a thing. (we only used it for CCC)

Now the event is over, and NO public news on you post, is this a joke? you should have been aware of who is working on the event, and if you didn't, why you didn't ask then? you could have cut short the event and not make us use our time on that, and use it on something else, like i don't know, maybe the SUMMER EVENT that was currently on! but now we are here, so is our only reward is tap on the back and "goodjob guys your times are goals for futur TA"? 

We played the game, we did the job,  now we need answers.

Edited by 3Psy
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, 3Psy said:

Concerning the poll for the quest, i haven't much to say, but i'm more upset because 16people voted for the hardest choice like those quest are a cake walk. only one thing was really not smart from you is the 4p No-PB regardless the quest selected. Some people can't dedicate that much time to learn and have the skillset that allow them to complete CF/CCC/ROW, and you know it, but you made the rule clear on this point, so you exclude almost everyone from the event, and the addition of the 20PB at the start wouldn't change a thing. (we only used it for CCC)

I cannot say for the other voters why they chose that quest line. I personally picked it because they're some of the harder quests for their prospective episodes and I thought watching/playing these runs on Ultima would be fun. There are many videos for this game and even these quests themselves to get an idea what they are. If the players are unwilling to learn the quests they chose that is not my fault. I also didn't want to force PB on these runs because building sucks and not everyone has the SD tools. Additionally PB meta is very different from No-PB and I was more interested in seeing what's possible on the No-PB category because it is harder. 20 PB or less is mostly so you cannot swing TJS as soon as you spawn in and is supposed to limit you from building too much before quest start. The rule should really only be like 4 or less PB.

16 minutes ago, 3Psy said:

Now the event is over, and NO public news on you post, is this a joke? you should have been aware of who is working on the event, and if you didn't, why you didn't ask then? you could have cut short the event and not make us use our time on that, and use it on something else, like i don't know, maybe the SUMMER EVENT that was currently on! but now we are here, so is our only reward is tap on the back and "goodjob guys your times are goals for futur TA"? 

We played the game, we did the job,  now we need answers.

The start and end date of the event are in the main body post. I know ~who was playing the quests(pretty sure just y'all). That's correct I am not giving my gear away in a competition type event with a single submission and I said it in a post that this would need a minimum 3 submissions before I give my gear away. Even though your times are alright it's the idea that just any team could've posted and won the literal best gear on the server. It's enough to fully gear 4 people. I don't think so it was supposed to be hard and competitive. I realize it was not, but not much to do about that. Y'all played, but no one else did and I am sorry about that, but yes the only reward will be on the leaderboards for now.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 7:06 AM, Saber +7 said:

Well... the poll is closed. The only addition to the rules is that the event as whole needs a minimum 3 submissions (shouldn’t be an issue). The quest line chosen was Christmas Fiasco 1, Cals Clock Challenge, and Realms of War. Remember these runs are to be 4P no-pb.  Good luck and I hope to see some nice stuff :)

Well...

As a fictional scenario, I'm competing with my team for that 100 hit DF and during the public results I see a better time than mine...
Why should I post my time? If I do, I will help them to win the DF by contributing to that minimum 3 submissions as a +1/3
... if I don't, the required elements (lol, sorry) will not be validated and the DF will not be taken and will still be "available" to win!

I know this is the opposite of fair play but this option could have been exploited (I hope not) and can actually be avoided...

That's why I suggest for the next edition if there is one, to keep the results secrets by handling them by PM @Saber +7 and make them public later on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lipelis said:

I also suggest to consider giving a consolation prize to the participants to thanks them for their time invested in your event @Saber +7

i agree, i suggest you @Saber +7 could give a DF and/or a STA to 3psy who invested a lot in your event and who has, unlike the 3 others of us, never got the chance to find those valuable items. I think our performance deserve at least some consolation prize

• Like 1
  • Dw 1

3 hours ago, Lipelis said:

Well...

As a fictional scenario, I'm competing with my team for that 100 hit DF and during the public results I see a better time than mine...
Why should I post my time? If I do, I will help them to win the DF by contributing to that minimum 3 submissions as a +1/3
... if I don't, the required elements (lol, sorry) will not be validated and the DF will not be taken and will still be "available" to win!

I know this is the opposite of fair play but this option could have been exploited (I hope not) and can actually be avoided...

That's why I suggest for the next edition if there is one, to keep the results secrets by handling them by PM @Saber +7 and make them public later on

Not that I am okay with this (because I couldn't care, anyway :onion-head09:) but one word for Lipelis:
png-clipart-genius-com-incorporated-inte

Respect :onion100: :onion120:

• Like 2

On 7/12/2020 at 5:38 AM, Saber +7 said:

It was just a prank, bro

So because there are not enough submissions, you don't want to give any prizes, even with the amount of gear you'll never use? That's just a dick move. At least acknowledge their hard work and time spent through something aside from a spot in your leaderboard. Imagine something like the Powerball pulling that off ''Oh we didn't sell enough tickets this week so we're keeping the cash prize even though there's a clear winner. Better luck next time''.

Not only that, but even with the proposed changes by Lipelis and 3Psy, fewer people would want to participate to whatever TA event you want to host next by fear of having wasted their time for no reward aside from a ''good job'' (which not even that, which is the bare minimum in politeness, would have been given if not for the people's rightful outrage at your complete silence), when they could've played on the main server to drop gear they wanted (it's not like there was an event going on at the same time where people wanted to farm some pretty useful items, that would be an insane thought /s). The Ultima TA community is already bare as it is, this situation doesn't help its case.

Edited by bobshlibidich
  • Like 3

On 7/15/2020 at 1:06 AM, Saber +7 said:

Well... the poll is closed. The only addition to the rules is that the event as whole needs a minimum 3 submissions(shouldn’t be an issue). The quest line chosen was Christmas Fiasco 1, Cals Clock Challenge, and Realms of War. Remember these runs are to be 4P no-pb.  Good luck and I hope to see some nice stuff :)

I said it at the start about 3 submissions minimum. I don’t know why people are acting as if I suddenly decided to say that after the time was up. It was a known risk and I’m sorry that it happened. I truly thought people would play for a 100h Dark Flow and that just wasn’t the case. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I said it at the start about 3 submissions minimum. I don’t know why people are acting as if I suddenly decided to say that after the time was up. It was a known risk and I’m sorry that it happened. I truly thought people would play for a 100h Dark Flow and that just wasn’t the case. 

I think people are just upset to see those that chose to invest the time in your event get absolutely nothing. This seems like an easy fix as you are a GM and can offer them something for the time and effort they put in. And it would also encourage participation in future events you organize. 

Edited by jdhenry124
  • Like 6