WOI walkthrough?

umm i dont think iv seen anyone walkthrough WOI , iv played it many times and im sure everyone runs around like crazy trying to avoid megid spitting flowers , indi belra arms , baranz shooting missles , gibbles throwing right hooks , del biters rushing at you 100mph , giant plants spitting death at you while Purple Epsilons are floating around in the tower area. Nope i have not seen a walkthrough for the quest  its just something i had experience on my own. good times. goodluck.

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

You need a very high EDK for WOI. I use dress plate and gratia for 100 EDK no megids killing me! so yeah invest in some EDK gear

Ok. I'm using wedding dress and red ring so my EDK is 41..I think

13 hours ago, Strafe said:

You need a very high EDK for WOI. I use dress plate and gratia for 100 EDK no megids killing me! so yeah invest in some EDK gear

careful with this setup,  it has very low dfp.

I advise 

females:

sweetheart 

saftyheart/antidarkring

adept

cres

battle unit

cure confuse

gives 100 fire res for epsi, swap to ADR for 100 EDK for the rest of the time

also buffs your atp 10 percent when you stand close to male character.

males:

STA

ylvis

cbatlle

cure confuse

free unit

free unit

uhh takes 0 explaining this one, this set up gives you 100+ all res

AND USE JELLEN

Edited by theancientsam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, theancientsam said:

careful with this setup,  it has very low dfp.

I advise 

females:

sweetheart 

saftyheart/antidarkring

adept

cres

battle unit

cure confuse

gives 100 fire res for epsi, swap to ADR for 100 EDK for the rest of the time

also buffs your atp 10 percent when you stand close to male character.

males:

STA

ylvis

cbatlle

cure confuse

free unit

free unit

uhh takes 0 explaining this one, this set up gives you 100+ all res

AND USE JELLEN

Not everyone has 300dts armor, dress plate will have to do

• Thanks 3

ok guys sorry if it sounded like you have to have STA to play. you don't need to have 300+ dts , I gave you two methods. female gear is less than 250 pds for the armor you need. That does not mean you need 250 pds either. a lot of this stuff is easy to get. You can hunt the adr (even during event viridian Falz)(I dont mean to make this sound like an easy hunt but im saying its possible to get it.) if you want to play males I personally recommend STA. that's my only recommendation lmao. STA and ylvis costume, with trap vision unit/ bewbs back up for some of the traps. the traps in woi usually one shot you. on the other hand i have some tips if you want to play females. for those of you who dont have all the items maxed in the game this is my newbie build for woi/tower on RA.

RAcaseal LV 200 

max stat plan (adept plan was my choice at the time)

Weps

Iron faust no hit required but dont expect confuse special to work/ has good cc at any stats imo

frozen shooter with hit 40 or more easy hunt

(also a 50 plus hit snow queen if you happen to have a pbooster? I like to use both)

mech guns with hit

anything with demons with hit

Armor

sweetheart requires 2 heart keys and invisible guard iirc

safty heart requires 1 heart key and I dont know these items honestly 😛

secondary back up barrier anti dark ring varidia falz drops (approx. 65 pds value)

cent resist (I think this is like 15 pds)

heavenly battle / v101

Adept

free unit/ cure confuse cure freeze cure para etc

safty heart gives you 100 fire res

or swap barriers and

anti dark gives 100 dark res

with this plan I would wear ADR around megid and Safety heart most of the time/ epsilon/ gigue especially because they use a lot of fire attacks.. you get good at dodging megid when you start to memorize the rotations and eventually you may find yourself not maxing edk when you go in and do just fine. but that's up to you ahah

the first big upgrade I got to this set up was an 80 hit demon sh/shot that I got for 55 dts from someone selling it iirc. and over time it grew into something pretty gross but this is what I started with. woi was not easy with this set up but it was easier. I was dying in tower instead of temple haha. 

im not saying this is right for everybody but I feel like this is the best set up you can have in the game until you get your hands on STA for this type of quest. I dont know everything and im sure theres probably other gear combinations I have not looked at. I would love to see those if anyone would like to share their builds.

specifically this gives

EFR 106

EIC 78

ETH 58 (watch out for yellow epsi oof)

EDK 51 (watch out for megid yikes! I do like that it is 51% though. so just a little better than half the time youll survive lv 30 megids)

ELT 41 (dont matter)

swap to adr and your values change.

EFR 74 (still high af)

EIC 26 

ETH 26

EDK 101 (now were not dying from megid anymore)

ELT 31 (dont matter) 

as far as actually doing the trials with a good team and learning where to stand that can take practice. I wouldn't mind rolling with you guys sometimes to see if I can help out. I can teach you most of the patterns pretty easily. I can help you get good at all of the stages for the most part until tower... I can explain some parts of tower but I still kinda fake it til I make it in there half the time xD.

another word to be said about Megid and dark resistances when considering episode 2 and particularly tower quests. 

in episode 2 there are more than one kind of megid. theres normal megid that were all used to. del lilly in ep 2 (the black one) casts lv 30 normal megid and the lilys in episode 1 all cast normal Megid. just like our FOrces can cast Megid. and then... theres another megid

then there's  FU Megid.

Mericols and some of the other plants (anything big and not black that looks like a flower) are about to send send you to the lobby and they dont care what your stats are. dont matter how much hp, dfp, evp, edk or dts in the bank you got, you died. these guys basically do some thing that isn't megid exactly. Its FU Megid. imagine its a 20k attack bomb that kills on contact no matter what.

you get good at running away.

and freezing

and razonde spamming (forces can trap a whole room of plants in a stun lock this way while the rest of the team takes the plants down)

you can beat these guys with a frozen shooter tho from very far away, or any rifle. the rifle range is just a tad longer than the plants eyesight. eyepod sight? anyway.

I'll sometimes go into woi without 100 edk because theres so many other factors out there to consider AND it wont save you from ALL of the megid in the quest. sure megid will kill you. but you can learn where the plants spawn and kill the plants first before they can kill you. I would go in with 100 edk until I got used to the first few stages. try to memorize where they spawn and how to deal with them. its pretty easy after some practice! 

Edited by theancientsam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So, heres my thoughts on this:

Sam, the ancient, is 100% right. However i remember experiencing this exact situation as a new player.

Sam is entirely correct. Save this thread and come back to it later. But for RIGHT NOW (assuming youre new to WOI) id say listen to strafe. 

I guess the point im trying to make is, if you want to REAALLLLY know higher concepts of woi read everything sam said, but if youre just trying to fast track to pd farm, just dress plate and res slot up and pleaseeeee warn your woi teams youre not gonna be able to carry. Most wont mind at all. 

Anyways good luck out there 👍 

If you need help come find nubesock (or sock) woi runs in my veins. 

Edited by applesaucin
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 11:14 AM, xworkoutxfiendx said:

Ok. I'm using wedding dress and red ring so my EDK is 41..I think

The other alternative is to farm for an antidark ring. 

If you wanna do that, i have a viridria BATTLE FOOOOOO that we can farm for one for you on. ^_^

Okay ive drank too much gl hmu if ya need something.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:33 PM, theancientsam said:

ok guys sorry if it sounded like you have to have STA to play. you don't need to have 300+ dts , I gave you two methods. female gear is less than 250 pds for the armor you need. That does not mean you need 250 pds either. a lot of this stuff is easy to get. You can hunt the adr (even during event viridian Falz)(I dont mean to make this sound like an easy hunt but im saying its possible to get it.) if you want to play males I personally recommend STA. that's my only recommendation lmao. STA and ylvis costume, with trap vision unit/ bewbs back up for some of the traps. the traps in woi usually one shot you. on the other hand i have some tips if you want to play females. for those of you who dont have all the items maxed in the game this is my newbie build for woi/tower on RA.

RAcaseal LV 200 

max stat plan (adept plan was my choice at the time)

Weps

Iron faust no hit required but dont expect confuse special to work/ has good cc at any stats imo

frozen shooter with hit 40 or more easy hunt

(also a 50 plus hit snow queen if you happen to have a pbooster? I like to use both)

mech guns with hit

anything with demons with hit

Armor

sweetheart requires 2 heart keys and invisible guard iirc

safty heart requires 1 heart key and I dont know these items honestly 😛

secondary back up barrier anti dark ring varidia falz drops (approx. 65 pds value)

cent resist (I think this is like 15 pds)

heavenly battle / v101

Adept

free unit/ cure confuse cure freeze cure para etc

safty heart gives you 100 fire res

or swap barriers and

anti dark gives 100 dark res

with this plan I would wear ADR around megid and Safety heart most of the time/ epsilon/ gigue especially because they use a lot of fire attacks.. you get good at dodging megid when you start to memorize the rotations and eventually you may find yourself not maxing edk when you go in and do just fine. but that's up to you ahah

the first big upgrade I got to this set up was an 80 hit demon sh/shot that I got for 55 dts from someone selling it iirc. and over time it grew into something pretty gross but this is what I started with. woi was not easy with this set up but it was easier. I was dying in tower instead of temple haha. 

im not saying this is right for everybody but I feel like this is the best set up you can have in the game until you get your hands on STA for this type of quest. I dont know everything and im sure theres probably other gear combinations I have not looked at. I would love to see those if anyone would like to share their builds.

specifically this gives

EFR 106

EIC 78

ETH 58 (watch out for yellow epsi oof)

EDK 51 (watch out for megid yikes! I do like that it is 51% though. so just a little better than half the time youll survive lv 30 megids)

ELT 41 (dont matter)

swap to adr and your values change.

EFR 74 (still high af)

EIC 26 

ETH 26

EDK 101 (now were not dying from megid anymore)

ELT 31 (dont matter) 

as far as actually doing the trials with a good team and learning where to stand that can take practice. I wouldn't mind rolling with you guys sometimes to see if I can help out. I can teach you most of the patterns pretty easily. I can help you get good at all of the stages for the most part until tower... I can explain some parts of tower but I still kinda fake it til I make it in there half the time xD.

another word to be said about Megid and dark resistances when considering episode 2 and particularly tower quests. 

in episode 2 there are more than one kind of megid. theres normal megid that were all used to. del lilly in ep 2 (the black one) casts lv 30 normal megid and the lilys in episode 1 all cast normal Megid. just like our FOrces can cast Megid. and then... theres another megid

then there's  FU Megid.

Mericols and some of the other plants (anything big and not black that looks like a flower) are about to send send you to the lobby and they dont care what your stats are. dont matter how much hp, dfp, evp, edk or dts in the bank you got, you died. these guys basically do some thing that isn't megid exactly. Its FU Megid. imagine its a 20k attack bomb that kills on contact no matter what.

you get good at running away.

and freezing

and razonde spamming (forces can trap a whole room of plants in a stun lock this way while the rest of the team takes the plants down)

you can beat these guys with a frozen shooter tho from very far away, or any rifle. the rifle range is just a tad longer than the plants eyesight. eyepod sight? anyway.

I'll sometimes go into woi without 100 edk because theres so many other factors out there to consider AND it wont save you from ALL of the megid in the quest. sure megid will kill you. but you can learn where the plants spawn and kill the plants first before they can kill you. I would go in with 100 edk until I got used to the first few stages. try to memorize where they spawn and how to deal with them. its pretty easy after some practice! 

Thanks for the full write up here Sam! Very informative and gives me a path forward past my dress plate scrubbiness. Though it did just cause me to go to racssy from racast for now :D being female is just so much cheaper