ADDONS Font Problem

Hi, I've followed aggrebee's guide on how to install the addons, and they run alright but item and mag windows wont open. Then I updated the mod to solybum's one, and now item and mag windows open up, but the font is unreadable, anyone knows why this happens? how to fix it?

Sin título.png

• Sad 1

Weird. I haven't seen this with the Settings Editor changes. Did you also install the addons/fonts folder included from soly's updated plugin dll? 

Assuming you did install the fonts folder correctly, one thing you can try is going into addons/Settings Editor folder and renaming the options.lua. Then try reloading addons or relaunching pso. It should generate default options which load the old font.

EDIT: Someone else just posted the same issue on discord for another server. For them, they were able to workaround it by removing the Settings Editor addon. I'll look into why it's breaking. 

EDIT2: Are you running this in Windows or in a VM/WINE? Just trying to narrow down what's causing this issue.

Edited by Ender
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Ender said:

Weird. I haven't seen this with the Settings Editor changes. Did you also install the addons/fonts folder included from soly's updated plugin dll? 

Assuming you did install the fonts folder correctly, one thing you can try is going into addons/Settings Editor folder and renaming the options.lua. Then try reloading addons or relaunching pso. It should generate default options which load the old font.

EDIT: Someone else just posted the same issue on discord for another server. For them, they were able to workaround it by removing the Settings Editor addon. I'll look into why it's breaking. 

EDIT2: Are you running this in Windows or in a VM/WINE? Just trying to narrow down what's causing this issue.

I've installed everything, the font used to be ok before updating to the new repository of soly.

I'm using Windows 7. (If that's what you asked, or Virtual fullscreen from launcher)

I'll try what you said and update you on the issue thanks.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Ender said:

Yes! This worked! And every window opens alright. Thanks a lot!

• Thanks 1
On 5/5/2020 at 6:43 AM, Ender said:

On 5/5/2020 at 2:21 PM, Yuniko said:

Yes! This worked! And every window opens alright. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for this, guys.
Had the same Issue, and followed your Instructions.
Now I can read It, too.

______

....ah, now I'm not sure what to do.
The log shows me nothing.
Am I supposed to do some... configurations on the Theme Editor?

[Or am I lacking something else, like the Settings Editor that I removed to make the addon readable..]

______

Went to the Lua Addon topic.

Solved my problems.

Edited by Kotta
A new problem? :/ (Not anymore)
  • Like 1

There's nothing in the log because the fonts are changed outside of the lua context, so it can't really throw a stack trace into the log, but there's probably a way to add something into the log regardless. The addon tells the plugin to load a font with some settings, the plugin does it between the next frames for the addons.

There definitely are some cases to fix in the error handling and I'll try to fix that this week, as well as add something to tell you that it failed to load a font and at least an error code. With those fixes, at least it'll revert to the old default bitmap font that's embedded in the plugin. I'll probably also add a way to disable the settings editor from the configuration menu as well.

Edited by Ender