New Event Item Idea

Smoochum

1 hour ago, Lipelis said:

... it would be coherent to fix before adding, ...

lol when has Larva ever really done anything coherently though 

• Confused 1

While I definitely agree with the Fausts/Bringer failure, I am honestly happy enough with Ganondorf Shield boosting Rabarta. It is super useful if you play a magic Force.

I would hate to release another multi-purpose item that outclasses more than one other existing item. Example: Sacred bow = not only the highest ATP weapon a Force could ever get, but also rifle range with hell special and ALSO a Grants boost that is better than Mercurius Rod which makes the latter totally worthless.

Anyway, as I also said in chatbox, we should focus on fixing items rather than adding new ones for the time being. Any new item suggestion is unlikely to see the light of day anytime soon.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, R-78 said:

I would hate to release another multi-purpose item that outclasses more than one other existing item.

Yeah, invalidating other items, especially event items, is very bad for a game's health.

40 minutes ago, R-78 said:

Anyway, as I also said in chatbox, we should focus on fixing items rather than adding new ones for the time being. Any new item suggestion is unlikely to see the light of day anytime soon.

100% agree and I wouldn't have it any other way. Still hoping for Pal Rappy's fan by 2022.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd love to see a new modifier item to combine with Diska weapons, I know rainbow baton exists, but something like Blizzard or maybe something unique would be rad. Always liked slicers for some reason, and I've got a 85h gush diska chilling in my bank I'd love to do something with.

Slicer of Vengeance is already top tier Slicer so can't really make anything better and as you said Diska already has a combiner. It would be kinda "unfair" that Diska has several combinations while most other common weapons have none.

You could also go for a Blizzard J-Cutter, which doesn't need hit thanks to SN trick.

(Just saying I can feel you as I got 90 hit Diska, 95 hit Vulcan, 100 hit Club and 100 hit Gladius chilling in banks, but not going to make new combiners for them either)

New evolution to virus armor on par with wedding dress?

Maybe using a combiner with only a few purposes? 

Psycho black crystal or soul booster?

PBC already makes 2 of the best items of Ultima so definitely not getting yet another combination.

SB should be the way to go if a combination really gets added since it only makes Hundred Soul.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CannaBeast said:

New evolution to virus armor on par with wedding dress?

Maybe using a combiner with only a few purposes? 

Psycho black crystal or soul booster?

2 hours ago, R-78 said:

PBC already makes 2 of the best items of Ultima so definitely not getting yet another combination.

SB should be the way to go if a combination really gets added since it only makes Hundred Soul.

U.u Virus Armor Lafuteria + Soul Booster = Lingering Will :onion-head11:

(Yeh, Kingdom Hearts reference :onion-head09::onion92:

Virus Armor Lafuteria + Soul Booster = Looming Stimk. 

Gives insane stats but depletes the health of all your teammates if you get close because of that stench. Extra points for using the fart symbol chat.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

Virus Armor Lafuteria + Soul Booster = Looming Stimk. 

Gives insane stats but depletes the health of all your teammates if you get close because of that stench. Extra points for using the fart symbol chat.

"Depletes", how much did you have in mind? 

Ultima actually kind of has a plethora of armors including one that essentially makes you invincible. This same thing can sort of be said for shields / weapons.

What ideas do people have for mags and units?

Mags are a sorta tough category cause unless the custom mag has triple invincibility with at least base 50% activation rates they just get cast aside. Making any one mag the pinnacle of mags by giving it 60% triggers and all invincibility would almost totally ruin mag diversity.

What about units though. Ultima does sort of have a lot of custom units but most of them are Centurion / X that are clear and straight forward progressions along the path Sega designed for those type of units. Perhaps there's something cool that isn't too broken worth adding?

Even though it's totally OP and probably shouldn't exist... a unit that was the natural progression of V101 that included 110% attack speed would be bonkers. Although State / Maintenance isn't a new item it is still pretty different from any of the custom units that are on Ultima. Maybe there's other things to look into though. Maybe units that add +x range to equipped weapon. Who knows.

22 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

"Depletes", how much did you have in mind? 

Was thinking along the lines of Gal Giel, or maybe poison status type of depletion.

23 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

What ideas do people have for mags and units?

There was an idea that @C01D1 and I were thinking about for another dark weapon...a saber that has high ATP, equippable by all classes... One aspect of that is if it is used with Gal Giel, it gives a bonus 30 ATA. Makes Gal Giel a bit more than just a status symbol.

22 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Was thinking along the lines of Gal Giel, or maybe poison status type of depletion.

There's a whole type of game play to be unlocked if it were to drain say 87.5% or greater of total HP. Black Ring is one of those untapped items that can drastically change the way people play while providing a worthwhile benefit. This would be could potentially be very similar.

22 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

There was an idea that @C01D1 and I were thinking about for another dark weapon...a saber that has high ATP, equippable by all classes... One aspect of that is if it is used with Gal Giel, it gives a bonus 30 ATA. Makes Gal Giel a bit more than just a status symbol.

Sounds like Excalibur + Proof of Saint Sword lol (exactly the same). Excalibur and Hundred Souls are already VERY good weapons with 900 and 1000 ATP respectively. They both combo kill a lot of enemies very consistently while having one of the best animations in the game. I think there's other directions to go.

Gael Giel can't ever be more than a status symbol until it's triggers are changed (something I'd like to see).

Edited by Saber +7

13 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

What about units though. Ultima does sort of have a lot of custom units but most of them are Centurion / X that are clear and straight forward progressions along the path Sega designed for those type of units. Perhaps there's something cool that isn't too broken worth adding?

Would you want something like a cure/all unit? Maybe units that cure 2 specific status's? Is that still too bare bones?

Edited by Crank