New Event Item Idea

Smoochum

Hi, so I was playing RT and a FO was using Angel harp and I was wondering how cool would it be for Pal Rappy to have a decent drop for an event.

Would it be possible to implement a Pal Rappy Wing / Pal Rappy's Fan as an accessible drop for lower level characters who can run Ultimate Forest but cannot do some of the harder end bosses.

I was thinking something with stats along the lines of:

ATP Requirement: 580

ATP: 370 - 380

ATA: 45

LCK: 10

Grind: 50

Special: Chaos

Model ID: 196

Texture ID: something resembling a pal rappy

I don't know it it's possible, but leaning into the Rappy's fan having greater range than other slicers, the horizontal range could be upgraded to 155 from 105 and perhaps the targets increased from 4 to 6 to match. This would really make it feel like something worth hunting for characters in the low hundreds.

Edit: Due to the logistics of putting an enemy part through all the quests, it would be a lot easier to have an item like a "Rainbow Feather" drop and have a combination with Rappy's Fan. This would open the door to other versions from other Rappies too, which could mean finally having some decent drops from Del Rappies ;) 

ty for the info and suggestions @serverus and @R-78

Edited by Smoochum
  • Like 6

I agree with adding better event drops on ep1 and 4 rappies and Forest/Temple as well. Sure those enemies and stages are pretty easy, but event items for lower level characters or newcomers could help new people feel more useful in the rest of Ultimate without farming PDs/using DTS to buy mid/end gear items or get carried in Ultimate.

This weapon sound pretty cool, though maybe change the special to something else, because it sounds just like a slightly better Rainbow Baton and I would personally have new weapons fill a role that was not met than to replace pre-existing weapons, especially if its use rate is already low.

Edited by bobshlibidich
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 2:46 PM, bobshlibidich said:

I agree with adding better event drops on ep1 and 4 rappies and Forest/Temple as well. Sure those enemies and stages are pretty easy, but event items for lower level characters or newcomers could help new people feel more useful in the rest of Ultimate without farming PDs/using DTS to buy mid/end gear items or get carried in Ultimate.

This weapon sound pretty cool, though maybe change the special to something else, because it sounds just like a slightly better Rainbow Baton and I would personally have new weapons fill a role that was not met than to replace pre-existing weapons, especially if its use rate is already low.

changing chaos to something like Gush, or Geist, or Spirit would be good, but I'm not sure Spirit would be balanced. The other two would be.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 5:00 AM, Smoochum said:

Hi, so I was playing RT and a FO was using Angel harp and I was wondering how cool would it be for Pal Rappy to have a decent drop for an event.

Would it be possible to implement a Pal Rappy Wing / Pal Rappy's Fan as an accessible drop for lower level characters who can run Ultimate Forest but cannot do some of the harder end bosses.

I was thinking something with stats along the lines of:

ATP Requirement: 580

ATP: 370 - 380

ATA: 45

LCK: 10

Grind: 50

Special: Chaos

Model ID: 196

Texture ID: something resembling a pal rappy

I don't know it it's possible, but leaning into the Rappy's fan having greater range than other slicers, the horizontal range could be upgraded to 155 from 105 and perhaps the targets increased from 4 to 6 to match. This would really make it feel like something worth hunting for characters in the low hundreds.

Edit: Due to the logistics of putting an enemy part through all the quests, it would be a lot easier to have an item like a "Rainbow Feather" drop and have a combination with Rappy's Fan. This would open the door to other versions from other Rappies too, which could mean finally having some decent drops from Del Rappies ;) 

ty for the info and suggestions @serverus and @R-78

looks good i would like to be interested but ask how many targets?

I'm giving you a bonus + :onion-head11:

2 hours ago, Salem11 said:

looks good i would like to be interested but ask how many targets?

I'm giving you a bonus + :onion-head11:

Would ideally target 6 enemies instead of the regular 4 for a slicer, to fill more of a new niche. Also since it would build off of rappy's fan, hit could be added to the enemy weapon before upgrading.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Smoochum said:

Would ideally target 6 enemies instead of the regular 4 for a slicer, to fill more of a new niche. Also since it would build off of rappy's fan, hit could be added to the enemy weapon before upgrading.

Oh, slicers have a limited amount of enemies It can hit? I was sure It was decided based on the short range and short horizontal angle It has, so It's hard to hit more enemies at once :onion-head49: (unless It's a boss like De Rol Le/Dal Ra Lie or Barba Ray :onion-head22: )

22 minutes ago, Kotta said:

Oh, slicers have a limited amount of enemies It can hit? I was sure It was decided based on the short range and short horizontal angle It has, so It's hard to hit more enemies at once :onion-head49: (unless It's a boss like De Rol Le/Dal Ra Lie or Barba Ray :onion-head22: )

That's correct, all slicers have 4 targets. You can see the item stats here, for example:
image.png.6d54969701bd6205e07881bf4163f662.png

It would be really nice to have access to a slicer that hits more than 4 targets. Giving a slicer with increased targets and range a sacrificial special might be too good.

• Like 2

I don't think it would be a good idea to implement new items to the server considering the items from 10th Anniversary (that is, since November 2018) are still non functional. Unless that changed and nobody was warned.

Last time a new item was made (e.g. Serene Swan) there was almost a civil war on Ultima (literally).

Edited by Yannv
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Yannv said:

Last time a new item was made (e.g. Serene Swan) there was almost a civil war on Ultima (literally).

Wait, really? Why? xD (If you can, detail me the parts where R-78 and Serverus were going rampage with the maverick players :onion120: ]

4 hours ago, Yannv said:

I don't think it would be a good idea to implement new items to the server considering the items from 10th Anniversary (that is, since November 2018) are still non functional. That is, unless that changed and nobody was warned.

I'd agree with that. The Event Fausts still don't work as intended and some already existing event items would love a buff or makeover. (Stealth Sword and Blood Sword come to mind, there may be more) But that doesn't mean you can't make other useful event items, but those already existing should indeed take priority.

55 minutes ago, Kotta said:

Wait, really? Why? xD (If you can, detail me the parts where R-78 and Serverus were going rampage with the maverick players :onion120: ]

(désolé lip pour le spam)
This is just the tip of the iceberg, after and because of the range nerf, more stuff happened which disgruntled a lot of the playerbase. Someone can probably clue you in better than I.

Edited by bobshlibidich

7 hours ago, Yannv said:

Can we talk about Siren Swam real quick?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yann probably meant weapon but actually the last new item to date is Ganondorf Shield.

Also Arrest Faust, Frozen Faust and Ultima Bringer are three useless weapons at the moment as stated earlier,
then it would be coherent to fix before adding, that's why this topic seems out of place to me..

And by out of place I just mean it could be in the dedicated topic for ideas such as new additions;

And as my last 2 cents to the convo, I'll just share that topic where you can still post (unlike others... x)

Edited by Lipelis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lipelis said:

Yann probably meant weapon but actually the last new item to date is Ganondorf Shield.

Also Arrest Faust, Frozen Faust and Ultima Bringer are three useless weapons at the moment as stated earlier,
then it would be coherent to fix before adding, that's why this topic seems out of place to me..

And by out of place I just mean it could be in the dedicated topic for ideas such as new additions;

And as my last 2 cents to the convo, I'll just share that topic where you can still post (unlike others... x)

I have tried with Arrest and Fronzen Faust on Multi report almost nothing for 1 year and you have been 2 years and we have lost time and waited...

(I'm sorry I can't wait to die 100 years) :cr-drama:

1 hour ago, Lipelis said:

Yeah you are Light Yagami (I Jean, right) [dammit auto corrector, I mean you are right lol]

Let's be honest, Ganondorf Shield is as useful as easily forgettable though (sadly).

Edited by Yannv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1