Hunting question

Retru

Hello again, I've been trying to grind in ruins hunting gran sorcerers.

My question is that since they can go into the wall or hovering over the abyss, and I kill said creature at that moment, have I been missing out on loot? Paranoia has kept me from killing them there for years (both here and dreamcast/gc.) 

Thank you in advance!😀

You can indeed sometimes not get loot if a monster is out of the room's bounds (for example a zu that's out and you kill with techs) or over a part of the map that you cannot walk (like the giant hole in Ruins 1 near the waterfall), but normally, the sorcerer hugs the wall and the drop will go in front of it, so it's relatively  fine. I don't personally remember a time where they hovered over a huge hole or anything. So you shouldn't need to worry about that. 

Edited by bobshlibidich

1 hour ago, bobshlibidich said:

You can indeed sometimes not get loot if a monster is out of the room's bounds (for example a zu that's out and you kill with techs) or over a part of the map that you cannot walk (like the giant hole in Ruins 1 near the waterfall), but normally, the sorcerer hugs the wall and the drop will go in front of it, so it's relatively  fine. I don't personally remember a time where they hovered over a huge hole or anything. So you shouldn't need to worry about that. 

I've also noticed that if they die while inside a wall or hovering over an edge or such, the item drops right at the edge where they died instead of in the middle of the air or inside a wall.