Idea for a Quest

Ravenlust

Hey, everybody.

Could someone with quest creation knowledge develop a quest that would be an ultimate boss rush, with every boss from Ep I, II and IV back to back, no mobs in between?

Personally I think it would be kickass.

Seems like something that would have been thought before many times. Any reason against it that is elluding me?

Just an idea!

Stay safe.

Cheers.

49 minutes ago, Ravenlust said:

with every boss from Ep I, II and IV

We'd rather not mix episodes with each other, it'd just be prone to a lot of bugs.

back to back, no mobs in between?

It would take like 5 minutes to make a quest with just the bosses.

Any reason against it that is elluding me?

Else than that it would just be totally game breaking?

There would be no more good reason to farm TTF for RR, CCA for experience, RT/Seabed for PGF etc.

If you want to do that, you can play on the Test server and successively do /warpme 11, 12, 13, 14 in episode 1 for example. Don't even need a quest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

HyeJoon may well be unto something.

I would be up for the exp gained be less than normal and the drops being less relevant.

Say:  it would be a Pionner 2 Principal VR training scenario, as a means to get you ready for the real thing, so its only natural that you wouldnt gain the same from overcoming them.

Part of the fun is beating said bosses not only exp/drop concerns.

I don't know how to alter the monsters exp gain in Qedit.

Disabling a quest drops is definitely possible though.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly you can edit client side exp (the little purple number that pops up) with load_enemy_data and get_physical_data.  But this is a horrible idea as it can cause server desync since the server doesn't parse the qasm and won't make that change.  If you want an example I believe I still have a version of TTT that tried this.

Drops are handled entirely by the server.  This wouldn't be something a quest designer can do, Soly would have to do it.

This also doesn't handle the fact that the pso client doesn't load more than 1 episode's worth of monster stats\ai per game.  So even if you removed drops and exp you'd be fighting Kondi with Dragon's stats and AI, which as you can imagine, can mess up a lot of things.

• Like 1

I actually tried to use exp_multiplication and exp_division? OP codes this morning, reproducing the scripts that are used in Challenge mode maps with experience boosts, but it doesn't seem to work on normal mode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

This actually exists already!

I'd like to see that. It sounds pretty interesting as a concept and I'd be interested to know how they did it, as an aspiring quest maker and especially since Lemon, an authority on PSO quests, claim there would be many bugs.

Also a Saint-Million with Dark Falz AI sounds hilarious. Imagine a giant millipede running around the stage shooting rafoies.

Edited by bobshlibidich