Mille Marteaux - WTF is this?

psyduck314

How do you activate the special skyfire for this weapon?

Have a Mille Marteaux and by accident I switched it over to shooting these bad ass purple skyfire while pressing the special action command... but then it disappeared randomly. 

Also, since this weapon seems to have an extra special shot, which other weapons have extra specials? 

Really cool still learning stuff

• Like 1

Your internet time determines its specia being Divine Punishment. The front number of the 3 digit number needs to be even (2XX, 4XX..). Heaven Punisher, Heaven Striker are a few that have the special

• Thanks 1

Yea Psyduck314, there are a few weapons with odd-ball specials that work off "beat-time" for it to work.

Mille Marteaux is one of them with it's Divine Punishment, off time, it just "auto-locks" targets with regular hard attacks.

Galatine is another example, it's power is hilariously affected by beat-time:

Galatine has a base ATP of 330-420 which is multiplied depending on the beat time.

000-124: 0.33x (110-140)

125-249: 0.5x (165-210)

250-374: 1x (330-420)

375-499: 2x (660-840)

500-624: 3x (990-1260)

652-749: 2x (660-840)

750-874: 1x (660-840)

875-999: 0.5x (165-210)

The weapon's grinds are also affected by the beat time, giving Galatine a potential ATP range of 1,044 - 1,314, making it possibly one of the strongest swords on this server.

*UPDATE*

Ahhh found another one, Morning Glory, it's only for HUnewarls though:

Morning Glory gains up to an extra 250 ATP depending on beat time, allowing the weapon to have up to 750 ATP, almost putting it on par with the legendary Nei's Claw. The amount of extra ATP gained is calculated with the following formula: (Current Beat Time / 4)

It also has some nice bonuses when equipped with:

Morning Prayer  -  +150 ATP, +10 ATA and +10% battle speed

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, Trigunman, for filling on that detail about the Galatine. I used to think the sword got powerful with the literal Sun Setting Irl :onion-head05::onion-head63:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trigunman said:

Mille Marteaux is one of them with it's Divine Punishment, off time, it just "auto-locks" targets with regular hard attacks.

Actually, the auto-lock has higher range as well at the cost of missing more.

The mille faucilles' hard attack won't go further than a dual bird, but the former's special can surpass the latter's range.

3 hours ago, TigerK said:

Your internet time determines its specia being Divine Punishment. The front number of the 3 digit number needs to be even (2XX, 4XX..). Heaven Punisher, Heaven Striker are a few that have the special

Also to note that the Heaven Striker's Divine Punishment is only available if you have a Striker Unit Mag equipped

Edited by bobshlibidich
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, bobshlibidich said:

Actually, the auto-lock has higher range as well at the cost of missing more.

The mille faucilles' hard attack won't go further than a dual bird, but the former's special can surpass the latter's range.

Also to note that the Heaven Striker's Divine Punishment is only available if you have a Striker Unit Mag equipped

That is true

3 hours ago, Trigunman said:

Yea Psyduck314, there are a few weapons with odd-ball specials that work off "beat-time" for it to work.

Galatine is another example, it's power is hilariously affected by beat-time:

Galatine has a base ATP of 330-420 which is multiplied depending on the beat time.

000-124: 0.33x (110-140)

125-249: 0.5x (165-210)

250-374: 1x (330-420)

375-499: 2x (660-840)

500-624: 3x (990-1260)

652-749: 2x (660-840)

750-874: 1x (660-840)

875-999: 0.5x (165-210)

The weapon's grinds are also affected by the beat time, giving Galatine a potential ATP range of 1,044 - 1,314, making it possibly one of the strongest swords on this server.

*UPDATE*

Ahhh found another one, Morning Glory, it's only for HUnewarls though:

Morning Glory gains up to an extra 250 ATP depending on beat time, allowing the weapon to have up to 750 ATP, almost putting it on par with the legendary Nei's Claw. The amount of extra ATP gained is calculated with the following formula: (Current Beat Time / 4)

It also has some nice bonuses when equipped with:

Morning Prayer  -  +150 ATP, +10 ATA and +10% battle speed

I am seeing more and more how intricate the design of this game is. Was it like this on gamecube or has this been added on the server!?

2 hours ago, psyduck314 said:

I am seeing more and more how intricate the design of this game is. Was it like this on gamecube or has this been added on the server!?

You have to understand, the game has been through effectively 3 revisions since it's initial release, PSO (original version, released on Dreamcast, EP1), PSO ver. 2 (released on Dreamcast, Gamecube, Xbox, PC, EP2 added) and PSOBB. (released on PC, aka Blue Burst, ver. 3, EP4 added)   With each revision after the original release, new areas, equipment, items, monsters and a new Episode are added.  Now, granted Ultima has quite a bit of new weapons, items and armors that are exclusive to it added to the mix, but the core of the original game is still all here.

For a time in the early 2000s, this game was the pinnacle of JRPGs out there,(and I don't think anything has ever come quite so close IMHO, not even PSO2!) so there's alot of reasons why it's still played to this day.  Now don't get me wrong, I do love me some Dragon Quest and I'm a huge fan of Square Enix's JRPGs, but Sega and PSO created a real classic!  The fact this is the year 2020, people are still playing this on private servers and the game came out in 2000 (20 freaking years!!!) speaks volumes.

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Trigunman said:

Morning Glory

Reminds me of 10+ years ago, when I had to wake up and play very early before going to school in order to use all the potential of this weapon on GC lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, R-78 said:

Reminds me of 10+ years ago, when I had to wake up and play very early before going to school in order to use all the potential of this weapon on GC lol

thats what she said

• Like 1