New Player Wanting to Play Support

OLlama

Hello everyone. I haven't played PSO since Game Cube, so I've pretty much forgotten most everything I know of the game since.

I want to play a FOnewearl as I enjoy playing support/healing classes in games, but was just wondering if it was hard at all to find groups to play with? Also willing to add someone on discord that is down to show me the ropes.

It's not hard to find people to play with. Either join or host a room and people will be in there like the swimwear (might not be fast though). 

I commend you for playing support fo, however the better fo for support is Fomarl (gets higher shifta and deband range, as well as anti and resta). Fonewearl is considered a nuke fo, as well as demon support (put on demon mechs and lower hp for your hu / ra classes). It honestly comes down to preference on who you want to play I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PSOAddict said:

It's not hard to find people to play with. Either join or host a room and people will be in there like the swimwear (might not be fast though). 

I commend you for playing support fo, however the better fo for support is Fomarl (gets higher shifta and deband range, as well as anti and resta). Fonewearl is considered a nuke fo, as well as demon support (put on demon mechs and lower hp for your hu / ra classes). It honestly comes down to preference on who you want to play I suppose.

cool thank you. Started leveling a Fomarl.

Is there a way to lock on a target? Struggling to figure out what key it is, if at all possible.

Also since I just started what should I do to grind up some meseta? Can't afford fluids much to get TP back. Been running back and forth to the Med Center lol (not looking for handouts) just info on what to grind.

13 hours ago, OLlama said:

Is there a way to lock on a target? Struggling to figure out what key it is, if at all possible.

Also since I just started what should I do to grind up some meseta? Can't afford fluids much to get TP back. Been running back and forth to the Med Center lol (not looking for handouts) just info on what to grind.

Targeting: When playing as a FO, look for the blue arrows to lock on a target when you get into adequate range, some techs like Megid or Grants will auto target, others like Rafoie or Razonde hit a very wide radius of an area.  With single targets as a RA or HU to aim a direct fire weapon, look for red arrows, use the left or right arrow keys to cycle through targets, lightly tap your arrow key to select the desired target.

Ahhh Meseta...  Your best bet is to try to catch a GM opening up a meseta room, there they will drop stacks of 999,999 meseta where you can load up your characters and banks.  Sometimes they will use a GM TO ALL at the top of the screen to let everyone on the server know the room is being opened.  Otherwise, pick up every bit of meseta you can see and try to hit every box you come across to build up your funds till then, maybe some more veteran players will drop you a stack or so of some meseta?  Never hurts to ask, if you can find me in game I'll give you a few 100k of meseta to help get you going.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 2

Trigun is right. But once you are high enough level there are many quests that can give you triple digits mesesta upon completion such as IDS and HOD.

• Thanks 1