Issue with mag stats

I have been feeding mags on my character in slot 3 and have been switching blocks after each feed to ensure the values are synced with the server and client. I have noticed that every other time I switch blocks, the mags gain 2 points in DEX and DEF, which is what this method is trying to avoid, as the values I need are very tight. I have had issues with mag desync in the past, but never while switching blocks. See below pics of the mags gaining stats (it is difficult to see from the picture, but if you open in a new tab and switch between them it is clear to see that the DEF and DEX have increased one tick each).

Spoiler

aWQmk65.jpg

wp2Vp9A.jpg

goKfx2V.jpg

eE7m6uJ.jpg

At this point, the mags will have gained 0.07 too much DEF and DEX, which is too high to avoid hitting 1 DEF. Is it possible to reset these extra gains? I was having no issues while feeding and switching blocks yesterday.

Guild card is 42153089, all 9 mags in character slot 3's inventory are affected.

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done to fix these extra gains.

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, toxic said:

@Smoochum sorry to slip in here :x how did you try to keep def from gaining points? did you bank it or did you do the trade window thing?

I know that banking doesn't work, based on previous testing. I did not use the trade window trick, as the day before lobbying and switching blocks after every feed WAS working with other PPP mags. Why these ones are treated differently, I do not know. If the GMs are fine with just resetting every mag to 0 I'll try the trade window trick tonight and hope that it doesn't cause the same issue.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Smoochum said:

I know that banking doesn't work, based on previous testing. I did not use the trade window trick, as the day before lobbying and switching blocks after every feed WAS working with other PPP mags. Why these ones are treated differently, I do not know. If the GMs are fine with just resetting every mag to 0 I'll try the trade window trick tonight and hope that it doesn't cause the same issue.

hm i see 😕 well my recommendation is always giving 19 antidotes, then do the trade window thing, feed it 1 more antidote and then like 2 or 3 antipara so def comes down a bit, and then do block switching.
I hope GMs get your mags reseted tho!

• Like 1

Thanks, I'm trying to do an experimental feeding plan with these but if block switching is out (still no idea why it worked for PPP Varuna but not for Mag), then I'm gonna have to try to dual log and trade window each feed. If that doesn't work then I'll just continue with existing RAmar and RAcaseal plans.

• Like 1

Have you ever used MAGATAMA Smoochum?

That might help you take some of the guess work and keep from making any mistakes out of raising all those mags man.

Hope this helps, good luck!

6 minutes ago, Trigunman said:

Have you ever used MAGATAMA Smoochum?

That might help you take some of the guess work and keep from making any mistakes out of raising all those mags man.

Hope this helps, good luck!

I haven't seen this, thanks. I do all of my stuff in notepad using the tables like this:

MAG

Trade feed 23 monomates (4/40/4/0) to:
DEF:    0.92
POW:    9.20
DEX:    0.92
MIND:   0.00

Trade feed 1 antidote (4/10/40/0) to:
DEF:    0.96
POW:    9.30
DEX:    1.32

KALKI

Feed 125 antidode (0/5/15/0) to:
POW:   15.55
DEX:   20.07

MITRA

(using group 2 ranger)
Feed 482 monomate (0/3/0/0) to:
POW:   30.01

MADHU

(using group 1 ranger)
Feed 1 dimate (0/11/0/0) to:
POW:   30.12

KAMA

Dragon scale for TELLUSIS

I guess I could look into this, but have you tried using the addons (inventory reader) and see the specific stat the mags have?
Maybe you could try with a new mag and let me know when you find a value you don't expect?

Regarding the banking thing, the game does some rounding when you bank or reload character (change block)... I don't know if the server (teth) emulates this tho.

7 minutes ago, Soly said:

I guess I could look into this, but have you tried using the addons (inventory reader) and see the specific stat the mags have?
Maybe you could try with a new mag and let me know when you find a value you don't expect?

Regarding the banking thing, the game does some rounding when you bank or reload character (change block)... I don't know if the server (teth) emulates this tho.

I have not used an inventory reader, didn't know such a thing existed to see mag stats. Based on my feeding though, I can tell that every mag right now is at:

DEF: 0.74/0.75
POW: 6.00
DEX: 0.74/0.75
MIND: 0.00

I would expect the stats to be:

DEF: 0.68
DEX: 0.68

The rounding trick with switching block was working the day before I created this topic when feeding Antiparalysis to Varuna (gives odd number of DEF) but not when giving Monomate to Mag (also gives odd number of DEF - and DEX). Is it possible to set the mags to the values above or reset them entirely? If not I'll just continue feeding.

That wouldn't make sense then... if the code does round it, then it should work with any....

I can probably change the mag stats but if it keeps happening, there is no point in changing it?

Just now, Soly said:

That wouldn't make sense then... if the code does round it, then it should work with any....

I can probably change the mag stats but if it keeps happening, there is no point in changing it?

The issue is that with my current feeding plan the mags will hit level 10 with the following stats:
DEF: 0.96
POW: 9.30
DEX: 1.32

That 0.07 DEF it is too high from lack of rounding will cause it to gain an extra point of DEF, at 1.03. I am trying to keep the DEF to 0 through the whole feed, and I come really close. What would you propose I do? I posted the feeding plan above and you can see that it never hits 1 DEF, if it does go over 1 would you simply be able to set back to 0 since at this point there's no way to avoid it with the extra 0.07 points?

1 minute ago, Soly said:

I've set the stats you said... could have probably just put the def at 0.00...

A quick glance at the code, doesn't seem to have any rounding... so I guess I'll look into that

Thank you. If it's any help, I can show you some block switching scenarios that will work with rounding to see where that is coming from. I can definitively say that when feeding a Rudra made from a PPP mag, the stats DO round. I had accidentally raised DEF higher than I wanted due to a desync so I switched blocks every time I fed antidote. As you can see from the table, antidote is always supposed to lower DEF by 0.05, but when switching blocks, the value was rounded down to have lowered it by 0.06 instead because it was always an odd number. I was able to use this trick to lower the DEF all the way to 3.00 from 3.90+ using 3 fewer antidotes than I would have used without block switching. 

image.png.9244d63e53ae2f91bd2728e1791b267b.png

Hey Soly,

Really sorry to bug you again, I messed up the math and only accounted for half of the rounding. The values for the mags should be:

DEF: 0.60
DEX: 0.60

Since each monomate should give 0.04/0.40/0.04/0.00

Thanks again for all your help with this.