Black Screen on Startup

Hey all, I recently wanted to get back into playing PSO again and I was having an issue getting into the game.  When I click to launch the game from the launcher it launches but simply sits on a black screen.  My cursor will turn into the PSO cursor and it doesn't actually crash (the window is still responding) but I'll be staring into an abyss.  I've played with different resolutions and other options and can't figure out what the issue is.

I'm on Windows 10, with an RTX 2060 Super GPU.  Would appreciate any help with this.

Hey!! what's up? make sure you have installed this dll, it's very important https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Did you try to put the game in windowed mode? psobb is weird when it's used in full screen, check the resolution of your monitor and the resolution of the launcher!

Hey! Thanks for the response.

I do indeed have the C++ Redistributable.  Also I did put it into windowed mode; I tried multiple resolutions(of course including my monitor's, 1920x1080) on both windowed and virtual full screen but still ran into this issue. 

Edit: It started working when I tried it again today.  I'm guessing somewhere along the way in trying to fix it I managed to do the right steps but needed to restart and didn't.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Jawd