about the game

good job porting/whatever the game.
I played PSO 1&2 on gamecube and it feels the same minus the gradual processing or whatnot that make the environnement appear gradually (which is used in every MMO, MMORPG, open world game).
i got a thing to say.
i was working on a 3D video game some years ago, it's kind of either in the freezer or dead now. I picked up good 3D modeling skills with it.

do you guys what some of my concept arts for weapons/characters?
maybe i could make them with Blender (the 3D modeling tool) and send it to the game masters who could make them real in the game.

nobody tried to remodel/rework the enemies and NPCs the game?
it could be nice to do.
i could do it for fun.

i'm no good at level design thought. i suck at it. X_X
it would be great if i could remodel my character too.
to make her into a beauty + making 3D armors on the characters instead of having nothing or just make 3D clothes from the character creation menu for all the characters

it would be so cool.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarkMadDog21 said:

good job porting/whatever the game.
I played PSO 1&2 on gamecube and it feels the same minus the gradual processing or whatnot that make the environnement appear gradually (which is used in every MMO, MMORPG, open world game).
i got a thing to say.
i was working on a 3D video game some years ago, it's kind of either in the freezer or dead now. I picked up good 3D modeling skills with it.

do you guys what some of my concept arts for weapons/characters?
maybe i could make them with Blender (the 3D modeling tool) and send it to the game masters who could make them real in the game.

nobody tried to remodel/rework the enemies and NPCs the game?
it could be nice to do.
i could do it for fun.

i'm no good at level design thought. i suck at it. X_X
it would be great if i could remodel my character too.
to make her into a beauty + making 3D armors on the characters instead of having nothing or just make 3D clothes from the character creation menu for all the characters

it would be so cool.

Keep your eyes open sometimes during events they'll ask you to he community to help design if adding stuff.... Hey if you know blender awesome but you can make skins for this game with pain.net then I used (forgot the name) to save and convert to the file type this game requires theirs info around on how. 

I asked about making new "levels" 3 Ish years ago long story short no, but you can make quests. 

And people have remodeled tons of this game theirs packs around also. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DarkMadDog21 said:

new 3D model

Hey there, thanks for your interest

Since Sega's code for PSOBB is such a pain to work with for developers, there is no new 3D models implemented on Ultima yet.
For now the level of reskin here is about replacing the textures with new ones (color swap, playing with alphas etc) with the 3D ressources already ingame (model swap etc).

Finger crossed to see this step-up one day

• Like 1

maybe i could help out.
i'm bad at coding BUT i have Visual Studio 2017 on my side to correct typing errors.

my idea is to take some monsters 3D models, smoothen theirs appearance, give them form and depth for the details (like the creases in the Boomas faces), making the sharks eyes, and stuff while being in the bounds of the textures.

Oh missed the answer from Saber +7 on your double topic but as he said, this is not a thing at the moment.

9 minutes ago, DarkMadDog21 said:

maybe i could help out.
i'm bad at coding BUT i have Visual Studio 2017 on my side to correct typing errors.

my idea is to take some monsters 3D models, smoothen theirs appearance, give them form and depth for the details (like the creases in the Boomas faces), making the sharks eyes, and stuff while being in the bounds of the textures.

Our dev Soly has been working here since years and didn't managed to make it  happen, sorry to turn down your hype but sadly this is entirely a coding story, not about missing talented 3D modelers.

In short, until the cold day in hell Sega graciously releases the source code for PSOBB, I'm afraid your hopes and dreams of modeling for this game are sadly in vain.

Sorry DarkMadDog21, but my humble suggestion is to just enjoy the game for what it is, we're quite fortunate we still get to play this and for free to boot. 

Other companies typically don't turn a blind eye to free private MMORPG servers like Sega has done here, they usually get slapped with a pretty quick legal cease and desist letter in such matters.

4 hours ago, Trigunman said:

Other companies typically don't turn a blind eye to free private MMORPG servers like Sega has done here, they usually get slapped with a pretty quick legal cease and desist letter in such matters.

Halo CE, for example D;

(I still miss that spanish server of Halo CE. It was so much fun ;[ ) 

• Sad 1

hey, some epic dude is actively trying to modernize & remake PSO 1 & 2 on PC.
that madlad did exactly what i wanted to do and made it even better (i suck at texturing)
https://psoremake.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/pso-remake-forest-monster-edition/

boomas with face creases, teeth, ect.
also the 2 wolves are very well done, he did the leg pads which was my biggest gripe on PSO

i  say kudos to him because he does better models than me, i use alot of faces & edges than him
(more face and edge = more memory/RAM/whatever to load, and make move and if there's too much, the game will lag)

here's a model of the best concept art of all the enemies i have.

high priestress.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 11:25 AM, DarkMadDog21 said:

maybe i could help out.

Bro you don't need to code to make it look better. You can Re skin everything and do it all in 1920x1080 and it'll make everything look way nicer. I started to do it and it works... I did all the robots, pioneer 1&2 and forest, caves, and mines easy through v hard. I just lost my desire to play so I never finished it or released it, well I have given out Racast 1080p skins but... Its just soooo much work but the work I did do looks Flippin awesome. While your making 1920x1080 skins for everything you can make everything look nicer at the Sametime, all you need is paint.net and a file extension thingy to be able to save each skin in a specific format which I forgot it's been a couple years.