Greenill ranger chasing new weapons as well as power

As of writing, I am a level 112 greenill ranger chasing power as well as weapons. I need a better shotgun and I cant seem to locate anything to chase from here. I have a standard/shotgun/AoE gun to use, but where or what can I do to get a better weapon for this? I need a better AoE weapon that's realistic for me to obtain. Any recommendations or pointers? As the server being up many years and plenty of content it's hard to find up to date guides for ranger weapons. I can do up to Very Hard relatively easily. 

TL;DR please point me to find a better Aoe/Shotgun as a greenill ranger

Edited by click2winipod
Had to add onto it

Ep 1 Merlans (Purple guys in ruins) drop spread needle on ultimate. That's a staple item for a ranger.

Ep 1 Hildetorr on ultimate (rare appearance of Hildelt) drops Frozen shooter. That's also a staple of a ranger.

Ep 2 Baranz on ult drop panzer faust (cast only). Great for AOE after upgrade.

Tbh, I think purple is a better ranger ID since you find range weapons almost everywhere, but if you want to look it up and down

------->         https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/droptable/drop-tables/&type=1

You can familiarize yourself with some weapons, where they drop, from who, etc. You can always ask for pointers on good weapons on shoutbox

• Like 2

If you think you can survive a Dorphin Eclair on ultimate in EP4,(or possibly with help, i.e. 3 other players) you can get your hands on a Cannon Rouge, arguably the strongest AOE launcher a RA can get year around.

The Spread Needle, Frozen Shooter and Panzer Faust are all great staple weapons to try to acquire as well in the short term, acquire those with haste.

Make every effort to try to get your hands on either some Baranz Parts or a Baranz Launcher in the long-term.

Mille Marteaux is another weapon, some nice mechs with divine punishment that will come in handy in certain situations is also something you want to work on long-term.

Also, while the Valentine's event is active, a photon booster will be great for the Panzer Faust to upgrade it to Iron Faust.

Hope this helps, good luck!

• Like 4

There are also the Master Raven and Last Swan on this Valentine Event.

You gotta try getting MR with good stats for a later upgrade [the Item upgrader Is from another event], while the Last Swan combined with a Master Raven [make sure the MR has no good stats :v] to create Dual Bird, which Is as good as Mille (I think..) [also, try to get good stat on ls, I guess ;l ]

There's also the Heaven Striker, a handgun with rifle range and berserk special (unless you're wearing a striker unit during even third digit times),;second strongest handgun of the game (I think Lindcray Is the strongest, but not usable by rangers -_-)

Edited by Kotta
Just remembered...

15 minutes ago, Kotta said:

There are also the Master Raven and Last Swan on this Valentine Event.

You gotta try getting MR with good stats for a later upgrade [the Item upgrader Is from another event], while the Last Swan combined with a Master Raven [make sure the MR has no good stats :v] to create Dual Bird, which Is as good as Mille (I think..) [also, try to get good stat on ls, I guess ;l ]

There's also the Heaven Striker, a handgun with rifle range and berserk special (unless you're wearing a striker unit during even third digit times),;second strongest handgun of the game (I think Lindcray Is the strongest, but not usable by rangers -_-)

How would I also get MR / LS?

Don’t forget about your type/shot might wanna do the run/runs to get one to add freeze, hell or demons onto later. Definitely a must have

• Like 1

3 hours ago, click2winipod said:

Also what do I even do with photon drops no cap

Photon drops can be used to buy items from other players or to add %'s that are not hit to your weapons in gallon's hunt via paganini. You have to unlock this ability by helping paganini on the east tower and west tower missions on ep2. Thus can be done on any difficulty. 

Also, a good shotgun is baranz launcher. Some ids including greenill get it from ultimate ep1 baranz. If you want to hunt it but cannot handle ultimate, you can unlock the 1 player missions on normal difficulty until you get soul of steel unlocked. The 1st enemy is a solo baranz on ultimate. You can kill him over and over with the right id to get the parts of baranz. Then you can convert it by talking to dr. Montague in doctor osto's research or unsealed door. You can add up to 50 hit with photon crystals on Claire's deal on ep4 once you have unlocked government mission 9-8. Make sure to talk to dr. Montague and elenor when you see them.

Edited by JADE
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, click2winipod said:

I have no idea what any of this means

He's referring to acquiring a M-Type weapon, of which is similar to S-Ranks, of which they have no special and rather high grind rates on them, but can get a special added to it by a GM.

There are two ways to get one to my understanding, you might want to start reading HERE: