Best solo class

Skuiz

52 minutes ago, jezbuz said:

What's the "best class"? That's a multi factorial question,

Rangers are by far the most versatil and better to farm gear and easier to start with.

That's a false dichotomy logical fallacy. That's like looking into the horizon and concluding that the earth is flat, because you see everything flat. If his question was, "what is the strongest class in the game?" that would be valid, accurate and succinct, but ofc if someone is asking for the "best class" to start with, is also implicit what's the easiest one that provides him good results and it's not based solely on ATP. The best class isn't only defined by the damage output. Also, i don't understand what your preconception about easy things, like it's a dirty thing.

You should try charge vulcans in a Belra (for example) with a lvl 130 ish HUcast solo without SD and low tier units/barriers etc. Wouldn't be a better advise to someone, saying that they can get a Demon raygun/laser and give it to a RAmarl to deal with big things at low lvls? I think it's way more easier that way and also you don't need extra units to make it work (example smartlink for HUcast). I think that would be a better advise for someone that wants to start soloing and learn the mechanics of the game and have results.

No it’s not. 

HUcast pretty much does everything RA does except faster. This is especially true late game. Sure you can argue that “start of ultimate hump” that I already acknowledged, but that doesn’t last but... 1 day with 5x exp. After that it’s just not even close. 

I’m not going to bother trying to argue “logical” semantics because this thread is pretty plainly just people saying “Ranger” because you can stand wherever and press H H H until a room dies without much thought. That’s EASY but not the BEST. 

Sure it may be true that a lowly ramar/l may have demons to handle things at low levels(that you’re not at for more than a few days). That doesn’t stay true for very long. Sure if he wants level 120 to be easier and level 180+ (where you spend most of your time) to be worse. 

I guess if he wants the easiest class sure ranger is the way to go. He asked for BEST class. Nothing else. 

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I’m not going to bother trying to argue “logical” semantics because this thread is pretty plainly just people saying “Ranger” because you can stand wherever and press H H H until a room dies without much thought. That’s EASY but not the BEST. 

I'm not saying that you are wrong on what you said, in terms of the "best class" of all. I'm just saying that your advise to a new player is bad, because it's a very reductive and a "tunneled" vision way of seeing things. I know that the question itself is vague: "what's the best class to solo", but It implies alot of more things other than killing stuff fast or having more damage, even if it's not specified and explicit on his words.

I just gave my 2 cents about it, i'm not here to argue who is right or wrong. I didn't write any universal truth, but in my personal opinion, your advise for a new player is not the best one.

• Like 3

You can tell how much you guys really don’t like each other.  It’s pretty toxic for any new players regardless of which class is best. 

Telling a new player to play solo HUcast with no alternate context in a game that is 100% alt friendly is akin to sending off an ill-prepared recruit to their doom.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

This thread has turned into “what’s the easiest class to play” not “what’s the best solo class”. Checking other classes ATP with their respective Shiftas vs HUcast with S3 would be a wake up.

This is exactly what i was thinking. being a hucast is basically like having that s/d, that is being valued, at all times.

13 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

The whole concept of “ease of access” for gear is bad. I have banks with ~200 charge raygun/Vulcan each that I’d give away to anyone asking completely free. People sell Diska of Bravemen with 50h for pretty much nothing (I’d give them away personally). Idk why people keep insisting RA is easier to gear when half the good items can’t even exist without DTs. Dark Flow and Dark Meteor both come from PGF... So?

Yeah i realized i said it backwards in my original post. To your point, thats why i asked him why he insists on soloing. I know Im always hype to get people the bare essential gear. A lot of people are.

Now, working with the premise of "you're actually going to solo":

I STILL want to push back on the thought it is easier to find the bare essentials for ra than it is for hu.

Finding a smartlink was WAYYYYYY easier than unlocking my adept. Way easier than getting the v502 assuming youre soloing also.

heaven/arms pretty easy.

c/bat will be the sames
bombchu would admittedly be a problem
RR and WD are gonna be the same. he can even go for gratia if he wanted although that may turn out harder if soloing.
and being cast means you dont have to look for techs alone.

now, if youre saying "whats the best class to learn the game" yeah, probably ramar or ramarl. a littl bit o everything. but actually trying to solo the game will probably go better if you have the tools hucast offer.

Just my $4.20 cents on the matter.

either way good luck let us know if you need in game help

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wade1212 said:

You can tell how much you guys really don’t like each other.  It’s pretty toxic for any new players regardless of which class is best. 

People can argue and express their different opinions without hating each other. 

• Like 3

Honestly it really doesn’t matter, whatever you like to play will be the best class to you. I personally like HU, but RA is fun to play too, and it’s always good to play as a FO (even tho I suck in this class) 

id say try em all and gather items, learn enemy movements, and watch spawns. cuz honestly that’ll make you a better player, but most importantly enjoy the game for what it is.

but back to solo question if that’s the way you wanna play the game then do you man, i personally think the more the merrier.

Edited by Duja