2560X1440?

zoom

Anyone running psobb at this resolution or higher? If so, what settings do you use?

Also the music is messed up on the title screen and in the counter area when I start a game. The sound seems normal when playing. Is that normal?

PSO_Hires.png

I run 1680x1050 (desktop rez) for PSOBB in windowed/fullscreen with a little system tray program called Windowed Borderless Gaming.

It allows me to check the forums, guides and start up additional instances of PSOBB (dual account log-in) while still playing "full screen".

Aside from that, I don't run much anti-aliasing or anything special I think, aside from vertical sync to keep things smooth and from tearing.

Yea, I run into the same issue with the music, like it's got a steady "skip" to it, some kind of oscillation.  I wouldn't call it normal though...

No big deal, it only usually does that on the first instance I run of the game per day.

I just change blocks in the lobby and that fixes it immediately when in the lobby, doesn't happen again for that day after that.

It's an old game, meh...  I've seen worse bugs. :onion108:

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, zoom said:

Anyone running psobb at this resolution or higher? If so, what settings do you use?

Also the music is messed up on the title screen and in the counter area when I start a game. The sound seems normal when playing. Is that normal?

PSO_Hires.png

Pretty sure you can turn off High Res HUD and mitigate the BGM skipping

I run PSO at 2560x1440

Consider setting the custom Window to 2560x1440, but set the HUD to a lower resolution, such as 1280x720.  This will allow you to be able to see the HUD much easier.

I've noticed the music issue, as well.  As Trigunman mentioned, usually only happens once, and is a minor bug.   Aside from that, I use Radeon Settings to change how the game looks.

• Like 1