Time Attack and PvE

Hello all,

I would like to start off and take a moment to speak about the often mentioned time attack. There exists a community across PSO that runs missions where many only want to toot their own horn, not everyone but a large margin which is really to bad as I for one would consider beating old records if it changed its attitude and celebrated competition. You cannot simply join this community because you are wrongfully deemed not worthy right from the start and will be put down, the key players are already in place and as such you are crap at the game (not exactly a good way to inspire others and a reflection of your own social issues). What makes a player good btw? I would argue that what makes a players good in PSO or any game is patience, good social skills, good gear, good situational awareness, good class knowledge and a willingness to learn and evolve.

What anyone chooses to do in this game should be celebrated and not put down. If you want to hunt endlessly for items and min/max your stats to me that is fantastic go for it! If you want to read guides and get better times on missions great go for it! However.... Its time to stop crapping on either side because honestly all it does is show your own insecurities. The only TA records that matter and hold any weight is SOLO TA with vanilla weapons and gear, that is the ONLY reference towards individual skill and discipline as originally intended. To each their own but stop with the flak and toxicity it just makes you look like a jackass and not worth wasting our time or even acknowledging. Have fun doing whatever you want and be civil, you do you! Cheers.

• Like 2

Isn’t this post kind of acknowledgement as well? 
My take on this and I respect every opinion you usually make because you seem to keep yourself very civil from what I’ve seen at least in the public eye. Not sure what goes on in the shadows, but anyways. You seem to be very vocal and emotional about things, that is easy to see from every post you ever made, the fact of the matter is TA has been around for years and for many years easily ignored in ultima. The fact that these things bothers you or the group you represent doesn’t show TAers insecurities but yours and the group you are representing. You made a bunch of great points in your old post about the people playing this game, about us being adults and we should conduct ourselves as some. From my adult life I’ve learned if you see childish behavior best to do is ignore it and eventually goes away or in most cases it stops bothering you because you just see that person as they are acting, childish. I’ve come into a lot of childish attacks in the past from a group I dare not say as well but I’m sure everyone knows them as the best team in ultima. It’s cool though I ignore it, I’ve also ignored some of the TA community because I myself like to play normal mode and collecting items and etc I feel that’s one big chunk of the game people forget why the game was made. I know those TA elitist butt kissers talk in other servers or whatever but one can easily ignore it. I don’t see their post being made public here on this forum every once in a while saying everyone on this server sucks and will never be good enough. I know I might catch crap from all of you from this post but just my opinion on the matter. I know for some time you’re a good guy and can easily be talked to so I’m sure this post won’t butthurt you.

I got more points to make but don’t want to write you a whole novel in here. If you have any disagreements or concerns you can feel free to take it over with me over pm.

Thank you for taking the time to read this 

yours truly your favorite,

LGBTQ 🌈 🦄 triforce member STARLORD 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Isn’t this post kind of acknowledgement as well? 
My take on this and I respect every opinion you usually make because you seem to keep yourself very civil from what I’ve seen at least in the public eye. Not sure what goes on in the shadows, but anyways. You seem to be very vocal and emotional about things, that is easy to see from every post you ever made, the fact of the matter is TA has been around for years and for many years easily ignored in ultima. The fact that these things bothers you or the group you represent doesn’t show TAers insecurities but yours and the group you are representing. You made a bunch of great points in your old post about the people playing this game, about us being adults and we should conduct ourselves as some. From my adult life I’ve learned if you see childish behavior best to do is ignore it and eventually goes away or in most cases it stops bothering you because you just see that person as they are acting, childish. I’ve come into a lot of childish attacks in the past from a group I dare not say as well but I’m sure everyone knows them as the best team in ultima. It’s cool though I ignore it, I’ve also ignored some of the TA community because I myself like to play normal mode and collecting items and etc I feel that’s one big chunk of the game people forget why the game was made. I know those TA elitist butt kissers talk in other servers or whatever but one can easily ignore it. I don’t see their post being made public here on this forum every once in a while saying everyone on this server sucks and will never be good enough. I know I might catch crap from all of you from this post but just my opinion on the matter. I know for some time you’re a good guy and can easily be talked to so I’m sure this post won’t butthurt you.

I got more points to make but don’t want to write you a whole novel in here. If you have any disagreements or concerns you can feel free to take it over with me over pm.

Thank you for taking the time to read this 

yours truly your favorite,

LGBTQ 🌈 🦄 triforce member STARLORD 

I appreciate your opinion Starlord as always. I think my biggest concern is comments that literally call all of Tri Force crap by people that should know better. A team logo does not dictate player skill or ability, to which I am sure you would agree. I honestly just want to be able to log onto Ultima without a buttload of drama and trolling. All the best.

• Like 1

I dont know which "TAers" you've been talking to but the group I play with (actually the only group on ultima that TA are friendly). If you're talking about the grudge between wilson and rocket then let me give you some background info. Rocket called out willy for something unrelated to TA and also suggested that his team (triforce) are better than him/his team. As TAers we decided to settle this with a friendly grudge match. Due to "circumstances" which I don't know of rockets team were unable to post a time. And now rocket and triforce are disregarded in the TA community because of this. If only he kept his mouth shut lol. Now if you're suggesting we don't banter rocket for this memeful no show then you're  mistaken lol. In fact we would have loved to see a time from rocket and his team and welcomed him with open arms as we love new players who TA. Now back to what I was saying if you think this is an overview of what the TA community is on ultima then you're mistaken. Me and my team have friendly TA banter as thats what we enjoy. I would love to see more ultima players TA ( I had more to say but this is turning into an wall of text)

Edited by Shoutgu
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

i dont care about TAs, everyone is free to play the way they want. btw, my team is by far the best team in server, since we play with friends, everyone willing to help always and most important, no one in my team make drama, they are here to play the way can can and know, so stop call tri or pro or whatever team the best, since my team is one of the oldest and always active players around.

about TAs, as i said, i really dont care about it, everyone play the mode they want

• Like 1
  • Dw 1

58 minutes ago, Shoutgu said:

I dont know which "TAers" you've been talking to but the group I play with (actually the only group on ultima that TA are friendly). If you're talking about the grudge between wilson and rocket then let me give you some background info. Rocket called out willy for something unrelated to TA and also suggested that his team (triforce) are better than him/his team. As TAers we decided to settle this with a friendly grudge match. Due to "circumstances" which I don't know of rockets team were unable to post a time. And now rocket and triforce are disregarded in the TA community because of this. If only he kept his mouth shut lol. Now if you're suggesting we don't banter rocket for this memeful no show then you're  mistaken lol. In fact we would have loved to see a time from rocket and his team and welcomed him with open arms as we love new players who TA. Now back to what I was saying if you think this is an overview of what the TA community is on ultima then you're mistaken. Me and my team have friendly TA banter as thats what we enjoy. I would love to see more ultima players TA ( I had more to say but this is turning into an wall of text)

There is no doubt in my mind that you Shoutgu are one of the best players to play this game that is currently active, so let me put that out there. I also know that without your skill your team would suffer to the tenth degree. I have huge respect for Solo TA make no mistake. No this is to do with an individual who in my opinion should know better painting everyone on Tri Force with the same brush which is not sensible considering we had nothing to do with any of whatever was agreed or disagreed upon. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Shoutgu said:

Rocket called out willy for something unrelated to TA and also suggested that his team (triforce) are better than him/his team. As TAers we decided to settle this with a friendly grudge match.

Lol, if by "suggesting that triforce are better" you mean me saying that there are good people on the team that could set records if they tried, then you are correct. I guess when his friend's egos are that large, they may misinterpret statements. 

1 hour ago, Shoutgu said:

Due to "circumstances" which I don't know of rockets team were unable to post a time. And now rocket and triforce are disregarded in the TA community because of this. If only he kept his mouth shut lol. 

iirc, we were supposed to post a time and then you respond, however you guys went ahead and beat your own record for fun? Congrats tho. Yep, the circumstances were that people had things to do outside pso, and also the two biggest events happened (we are dirty item hunters, so this is important).

Also, if you think I should "keep my mouth shut" when being blasted with slurs by the toxic elitists comparing their epeens, then you are ridiculous.

I agree with you that a few folks who do TA on ultima are friendly (starlord, rashan) but there are others that completely disregard the worth of any player that doesn't do TA, as evident by they way people talk in lil willy's discord. 

• Like 1

Pso 2 will be released soon and this epeen stroking will be a distant memory. TA as it stands is overall pretty toxic atm, as I stated there are people that do good in that community as well.... However I will always watch people's work but have zero interest in going down that rabbit hole. I will continue to post my videos in order to help people and have fun at the same time. Good luck however. 

• Like 1

It's pretty clear this topic is pretty much directed at me. I will make exactly this one reply since I know that the moment y'all see me reply the thread will be derailed from the topic of TA to the topic of me being evil or what have you.

7 hours ago, C01D1 said:

The only TA records that matter and hold any weight is SOLO TA with vanilla weapons and gear, that is the ONLY reference towards individual skill and discipline as originally intended.

That's pretty disingenuous of a thing to say in all honesty because all TA regardless of the meta requires the same concepts: your ability to execute and the planning you come up with. Running with 4 players is often times even harder because now there's 4 separate plannings that need to be executed instead of just the one. While there's some truth that in general solo records on a vanilla meta are much harder, it does not mean there's 0 value to those done on other metas in other configurations other than OPM. 

54 minutes ago, C01D1 said:

There is no doubt in my mind that you Shoutgu are one of the best players to play this game that is currently active, so let me put that out there. I also know that without your skill your team would suffer to the tenth degree. 

This is honestly pretty rude to the entirety of the team that came up with these strats and executed them. There were 5 of us involved in this run and all 5 of us knew all roles involved. If Killz was for some reason not in the run another player would've picked up his spot. We came up with the planning together and each knew it. Rashan, Hunter, Starlord, and I also played our part in the run in question.

1 hour ago, Shoutgu said:

If you're talking about the grudge between wilson and rocket then let me give you some background info. Rocket called out willy for something unrelated to TA and also suggested that his team (triforce) are better than him/his team. As TAers we decided to settle this with a friendly grudge match. Due to "circumstances" which I don't know of rockets team were unable to post a time. And now rocket and triforce are disregarded in the TA community because of this. If only he kept his mouth shut lol. Now if you're suggesting we don't banter rocket for this memeful no show then you're  mistaken lol. In fact we would have loved to see a time from rocket and his team and welcomed him with open arms as we love new players who TA. Now back to what I was saying if you think this is an overview of what the TA community is on ultima then you're mistaken. Me and my team have friendly TA banter as thats what we enjoy. I would love to see more ultima players TA ( I had more to say but this is turning into an wall of text)

This is likely the truest statement here. Our team whatever we label it(me hunter killz starlord rashan etc) fight every time we play. Disagreements and insults the whole nine yards. It's part of it. They're still my closest PSO friends and have been for years. Essentially we were called out and then the person calling us out disappeared on his half of the "call-out" and that's okay. The player who called us out basically ghosted on the challenge and in TA that's pretty much one of the worst things you can do is "duck" a competition you create. So even though I don't particularly care doesn't mean the other players don't have negative feelings towards the action.

48 minutes ago, RocketTots said:

I agree with you that a few folks who do TA on ultima are friendly (starlord, rashan) but there are others that completely disregard the worth of any player that doesn't do TA, as evident by they way people talk in lil willy's discord. 

It's not my Discord channel. The entire purpose of it's existence is for TA and thus that's all most of the active players there care about.

28 minutes ago, C01D1 said:

Pso 2 will be released soon and this epeen stroking will be a distant memory. TA as it stands is overall pretty toxic atm, as I stated there are people that do good in that community as well.... However I will always watch people's work but have zero interest in going down that rabbit hole.

Many of us in the discord have pretty much no interest in PSO2 and will still be TAing PSO. TA has always had fighting longer than I've even been playing this game. It's not as negative as many people think it is and people are ALWAYS welcome to join the channel and try to learn or post their videos. There is some "humbleness" needed because there's some REALLY GOOD players and you can't just waltz in and expect to be as good as the typical TA oriented player. Even myself in the realm of TA am not as good as others and I know my place.

//

I doubt  I will reply again and I only ask that the replies to me(as a player) be at least related to what I have said here and not just age old attacks on me as all previous TF threads. If you're interested in banter y'all  can always join the discord and hash it out.

Edited by Saber +7
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Saber +7 said:

It's pretty clear this topic is pretty much directed at me. I will make exactly this one reply since I know that the moment y'all see me reply the thread will be derailed from the topic of TA to the topic of me being evil or what have you.

That's pretty disingenuous of a thing to say in all honesty because all TA regardless of the meta requires the same concepts: your ability to execute and the planning you come up with. Running with 4 players is often times even harder because now there's 4 separate plannings that need to be executed instead of just the one. While there's some truth that in general solo records on a vanilla meta are much harder, it does not mean there's 0 value to those done on other metas in other configurations other than OPM. 

This is honestly pretty rude to the entirety of the team that came up with these strats and executed them. There were 5 of us involved in this run and all 5 of us knew all roles involved. If Killz was for some reason not in the run another player would've picked up his spot. We came up with the planning together and each knew it. Rashan, Hunter, Starlord, and I also played our part in the run in question.

This is likely the truest statement here. Our team whatever we label it(me hunter killz starlord rashan etc) fight every time we play. Disagreements and insults the whole nine yards. It's part of it. They're still my closest PSO friends and have been for years. Essentially we were called out and then the person calling us out disappeared on his half of the "call-out" and that's okay. The player who called us out basically ghosted on the challenge and in TA that's pretty much one of the worst things you can do is "duck" a competition you create. So even though I don't particularly care doesn't mean the other players don't have negative feelings towards the action.

It's not my Discord channel. The entire purpose of it's existence is for TA and thus that's all most of the active players there care about.

Many of us in the discord have pretty much no interest in PSO2 and will still be TAing PSO. TA has always had fighting longer than I've even been playing this game. It's not as negative as many people think it is and people are ALWAYS welcome to join the channel and try to learn or post their videos. There is some "humbleness" needed because there's some REALLY GOOD players and you can't just waltz in and expect to be as good as the typical TA oriented player. Even myself in the realm of TA am not as good as others and I know my place.

//

I doubt  I will reply again and I only ask that the replies to me(as a player) be at least related to what I have said here and not just age old attacks on me as all previous TF threads. If you're interested in banter y'all  can always join the discord and hash it out.

I will tell you what's rude talking crap about an entire group of people behind thier back like you know anything about us Saber. Next time you have something to say about the entire team of Triforce please don't. I guess it's a shame we don't have anybody of even average skill wasn't that the exact words you stated? Don't come in here preaching. Wth have we done to you? As for your precious TA records please by all means show us some solo action so we can really see what above average looks like.....

Edited by C01D1
Typo
  • Like 3