I'm Lv. 146, what level do I need to be to solo Gal Gryphon (Ult)?

dillo64

I'm mostly a solo player, playing the offline/1p mode. I'm a Lv146 HUnewearl, have a well-rounded mag, using Commander Uniform and Tripolic Shield with Centurion/Ability and V101, and other stuff like God/Body and Heavenly/Ability, and all the Cure/ units. Constantly use the buff/debuff techs.

But this damn Gryphon is impossible to even fight. Even with jellen/deband going, his swoop, running, and landing attacks all kill me in one hit, even with multiple God/HP/Bodies. Weirdly, the tornado projectiles also one-shot me sometimes too ..... but sometimes  it doesn't and instead does barely any damage.... !?!?!?. Is there some kind of Megid property to them in Ultimate? It's very confusing.

I also can't damage him! My physical attacks with my strongest weapons(using mostly Vivienne and Chain Sawd, max grind) do 0 damage to his legs, even with zalure/shifta. Best I can do is cast foi and barta spells when he's close, which does barely anything. 

I wasn't have any serious problems wtih Ep2 Ultimate until this roadblock. Got by against the other bosses just fine. I have no idea what to do to avoid getting oneshotted by everything or dealing any damage back. What level do I need to be

Hunters and FOs don't have it all that well then it comes to fighting Gal when starting out.

1. Fighting her effectively moreso relies on how well geared you are to fight it rather than player level. AFAIK, the best option for Hunters to damage Gal well is a Bombchu, which drops during the Triforce event, since you'll want a weapon that can hit multiple parts of her, and from a range. Next best option I can think of is maybe a Crush Cannon, a shot weapon that can also hit multiple parts that Hunters can use. Be sure to use anything that has high A. Beast attributes!
  2. As far as armor goes, try using anything that gives good lightning resists, since her attacks chunk you based on your HP rather than whatever defense you have...
  3. Which speaking of which, stack as much HP as you can. Once you're around the 1100-1200 range, you should be able to survive her most damaging move, her stomp, unless you're directly under her.
  4. I know this'll sound weird, but DON'T use Jellen on Gal. The attack down makes her more dangerous, especially when she attempts to trample you when running around. You won't get knocked down when she hits you, which racks up multiple hits on you with one well placed foot on you, likely one-shotting you.
  5. As far as the tornados go, best to just keep moving if you lack a way of really damaging her while she's airborne.
  6. (This is very risky, but...) When she flies higher into the air shooting lighting bolts at you, if there isn't any tornados near you, you can shoot you multi hit weapon in the general direction she is in. (Use the minimap to find her) For whatever reason, she'll take massive damage since she'll be hit on all her parts... though I idk this only works for specific weapons that have infinite vertical range like Dark Meteor/Flow special.

On this server, monster in ultimate have been boosted, but there's a few that are especially rough to deal with if undergeared and doing solo. Gal, Olga Flow, and Sham, and Falz come to mind. If you're barely doing damage to Gal with your current weapons, an upgrade is definitely in order. Levels will definitely help though, but it could take a bit!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Viande said:

Also if you're playing in one person mode, Gal Gryphon and Olga Flow are invincible. You need to go in online mode to fight them (even if you wish to play solo).

THIS I didn't know...

• Like 1

You have shita/deband and jellen / zalure , but what level of those.  Try to get level 20 of all of them.  Also at that level try to find a DF Field maybe cause commanders isnt that great.  Also try to get to level 150 to use the Red Ring.  Stick and move and be ready for when he flies in the air, have your hand on the trimates button in case he hits or lands on u.  

Bomb Chu is the key all the way.  As much A Beast as u can find.

Edited by wade1212
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 2:02 AM, Viande said:

Also if you're playing in one person mode, Gal Gryphon and Olga Flow are invincible. You need to go in online mode to fight them (even if you wish to play solo).

Well that explains it 😝 what even the heck

Thanks for the rest of the tips. I wasn't able to get Bombchu during the event and I'm still looking for Red Ring. I'll try to hunt down the other gear.