I cant get launcher to work or Update install

launcher doesn't work and I cant get the update install to work pls halp. I used to be able to play and now I cant. My laptop detects a virus when I download the launcher, so when I extract the files from the update download and put them in the ultima folder then I use the exe and it says can not find exe and deletes itself.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Pudgeking said:

I am having the same problem. my pc says that C:\Ultima PSOBB\Launcher.exe.patch has a trojan (Trojan:Win32/Wacatac) and recommends removal. Is this nothing to worry about? Should I go ahead and allow it on my pc?

False positive, let it through.

6 hours ago, Pudgeking said:

I am having the same problem. my pc says that C:\Ultima PSOBB\Launcher.exe.patch has a trojan (Trojan:Win32/Wacatac) and recommends removal. Is this nothing to worry about? Should I go ahead and allow it on my pc?

As @bobshlibidich said... Sadly recently the launcher has been getting quite a few of false positives for whatever reason, even though is a pretty simple program.

I'd recommend you to either whitelist the launcher.exe, psobb,exe and psobb.dll or just the whole folder 

Hi there, i havent played this game in years, with number 2 coming out i decided to re-download it and warm up a bit before that. so i download the game and got the installer to work but when i try to patch the game it tells me the server might be under maintenace ive tried all the suggestions you guys have posted. help plz i just want to relive my chldhood a bit lol