Happy Hours or Increased droprates by 2X always during events

Happy Hours or Increased droprates by 2X always during events  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Happy Hours 3X drop rate at random times or, a constant 2X droprate during the whole duration of the events would a better solution?

• Happy Hours at Random (The way it is)
    • 2X droprate for the entire event with no Happy Hours

Do you think Happy Hours 3X drop rate at random times or, a constant 2X droprate during the whole duration of the events would a better solution? Imagine being able to play at anytime with drop rates that are reduced! Playing the event as you see fit instead of being tied to bad drop rates or missed Happy Hours that make you QQ

There seems to be some confusion.

What I am suggesting is as follows.

if something is 1/300 droprate ie. PGF off Olga

it gets reduced to 1/150 droprate for the ENTIRE event and eliminates the requirement for HH

instead of 1/100 during HH which is random and may or may not happen at all that day

Do not fear change folks, give this some honest thought. Never again will you feel like your being inefficient without HH while hunting. Peace.

Edited by C01D1
Clarification
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

This game is already pretty dumbed down. None of the drops are as hard as they once were. I REALLY dislike the idea of making the game even easier. 

The game is easy. This is only balancing the scales so that the game is not (HH to win). From a GM perspective I can only imagine constantly being nagged about starting HH. However lets see how the poll makes out and let democracy reign.

Edited by C01D1

43 minutes ago, C01D1 said:

The game is easy. This is only balancing the scales so that the game is not (HH to win). From a GM perspective I can only imagine constantly being nagged about starting HH. However lets see how the poll makes out and let democracy reign.

I can't see this fact changing even if rates are increased during events though.  And realistically, this just means that the event drop rates will be coded as twice as hard as previous.  People nag for happy hours even when it's already on.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lemon said:

I can't see this fact changing even if rates are increased during events though.  And realistically, this just means that the event drop rates will be coded as twice as hard as previous.

Well if the droprates get nerfed that is the opposite of what I am saying. The only way this would work is if whatever they are now gets split in half for now and for the duration of all events. I guess the same argument goes for HH as well. However keep the conversation going!

16 minutes ago, Lemon said:

People nag for happy hours even when it's already on.

Sorry, but HH only goes for some timezone, europeans need to stay wake up all nigth to get hh, i wake up around 6:30am to go work  and hh comes at +-4:00am.

when some of us ask for hh in decend hours for us, your respond is that is random , you cant turn on hh just because someone ask for blablabla and more shitty talks, but yah i see for GMs and Moderators replys that you dont give a big shit for those that try to keep playing on ultima

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

except for R-78, I only see the community's disinterest in past and current moderators / GMs with their strong and wise words, not knowing how to use moderation and showing their point of view.

I find your lack of "moderation" disturbing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Gomes said:

except for R-78, I only see the community's disinterest in past and current moderators / GMs with their strong and wise words, not knowing how to use moderation and showing their point of view.

All hail the Queen \o/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricardo Gomes said:

I am only a forum mod. I’ve only had cheaters banned. I’ve had some false bans revoked. If I was a GM in game there’d be more HH on American time and players would have an easier time redeeming. Unfortunately I am not so there’s only so much I can do. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I am only a forum mod. I’ve only had cheaters banned. I’ve had some false bans revoked. If I was a GM in game there’d be more HH on American time and players would have an easier time redeeming. Unfortunately I am not so there’s only so much I can do. 

fixed :)

Edited by Dutch Ride
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, EFR said:

I think if you wanted an extremely dummed down version of Ultima like you're suggesting you could just move to Destiny.

Is it extremely dumbed down to do that? The droprate would still be harder then Happy Hours. If anything having random Happy Hours seems to be less thought out and only seems to make the richer even richer and the HH vultures control the market. Its easy to see who would defend Happy Hours as the be all end all, chances are they only hunt during to sell stuff here to play else where or believe in the status quo. To suggest I should move on to a different server for simply making a suggestion is how people stop saying anything and stop caring.

Edited by C01D1
typo
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, C01D1 said:

Is it extremely dumbed down to do that? The droprate would still be harder then Happy Hours. If anything having random Happy Hours seems to be less thought out and only seems to make the richer even richer and the HH vultures control the market. Its easy to see who would defend Happy Hours as the be all end all, chances are they only hunt during to sell stuff here to play else where or believe in the status quo. To suggest I should move on to a different server for simply making a suggestion is how people stop saying anything and stop caring.

As Wilson said, it's already easy enough to get things here as it is, and to make it even easier would be borderline laughable. All you would do is enable people to get everything they want and quit even faster than people already have been doing. Look at your population, 19 people a day? Yeah, and you wanna increase drops to be even easier? Do the math dude, it's not hard.

Also, I don't know how you could possibly see me saying that is equal to saying to stop suggesting and to stop caring. I never said that, or insinuated it. You can care all you want and suggest all you want, but as the poll shows, you're one of the minority. Majority doesn't want it. I'm simply informing you of a copy cat server that makes things even easier to find and makes it even easier for you to quit the game if you're not content with having to actually hunt for 3 hours for something. God forbid you actually have to hunt in a grind game about hunting things. Golly.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3