game stops if i fire a gun

starting yesterday afternoon the moment i fire a gun the game crashes

(doesn't matter what type handgun or lindcray)

im ok as long as i'm using a sword so far i ve tried this....

used different toons

different difficulties

played solo and with others

i even uninstalled the game with IObit Pro and redownloaded the game 

i just found out that if anyone uses a gun the game crashes

Edited by Deborah Nicole
  • Sad 1

Did you place any skins/ modifications/ or use external programs to play the game ? (If so, try to play it without those and see if it still happens)
Would be useful if you can show what error you get when the game crashes also.

nothing was added or changed

i'm using the same settings since it was installed in 2015 

and there's no error code given

the game just cuts off like a light switch i'm in the room and then i'm back to my desktop

i restart the game and i can play just fine until a gun is fired

Q. My game crashes when I shoot a gun or when someone in the party performs a Photon Blast.

A. Change your Windows Operating System’s Data Execution Prevention settings. You can find your current setting by going to the Windows Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> “Performance” Settings -> “Data Execution Prevention” tab.

Select “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only” or add an exception for PsoBB.exe

maybe it helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Elyx said:

Q. My game crashes when I shoot a gun or when someone in the party performs a Photon Blast.

A. Change your Windows Operating System’s Data Execution Prevention settings. You can find your current setting by going to the Windows Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> “Performance” Settings -> “Data Execution Prevention” tab.

Select “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only” or add an exception for PsoBB.exe

maybe it helps

THANK YOU SO MUCH! THAT WORKED

so apparently when my pc restarted it reinstalled those updates and somehow they changed the DEP setting?

and thanks to everyone who took their time to help me 🥰

(why can't microsoft leave stuff be?)

Edited by Deborah Nicole
  • Like 1