Halloween Fun Fact Mini-Event

Saber +7

There's nothing Halloween themed about this, but if one of your fun facts happens to tie in with Halloween then sweet. This mini-event is really simple. Name three fun facts or bits of information from each of the modes of play and whoever has the most interesting NINE facts(to me) will win a high value item that is just sitting in my bank. 80 hit+ guaranteed. You have until the end of November 3rd central time. Good luck. Pictures are welcome too.

Normal:

Challenge:

Battle: 

Just now, nnorton44 said:

R-78 just made an emote halloween event why this

THAT is a fun fact. Winner.

Normal:
Free roam map variations all share the same codebase, just have different object placement (same .bin, different .dat)

Battle:
Battle Mode quests don't use the pl_pkon opcode, the player targetability is inherent to the mode.  Thus if you load a battle mode quest in normal mode it will still run, but will be a tie as no one can hit each other.

• Like 2

Normal: A typical progression based experience however, in order to unlock ruins in episode one you need to activate the pillars, however the problem is they are often located in pseudo random locations.

Challenge: Stripping you down to bare bones with nothing but your skill and adaptability, it turned the game on its head and offered rewards that were completely unique. S Rank weapons even allow Casts to have access to Zalure and Jellen which at the time was stronger then what a FO had in their arsenal.

Battle: Added a cover based 3rd Person PVP in a console MMORPG, extremely rare upon introduction, it still holds up well to this day and requires a completely different skillset then PVE and good resource management for TP users.

Edited by C01D1
  • Like 1

Normal:

1. "Anti-Light Ring" was replaced by "Black Ring" on Ultima
  2. the mag Gueng-si is based on chinese folklore of a hopping zombie that killed the living to absorb their life energy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiangshi
  3. The first boiola to ever beat Dark Falz in a rap battle was @jezbuz, paving the way for other boiola pso recording artists to live their dreams.

Challenge:

1. The original c mode ship on GC was US Ship: Miranda, block 11 -  great place to see cross-language collaboration between Japanese and English speakers. 
  2. Challenge mode rewards are largely obsolete due to new items from the past few years
  3. It is illegal for Canadians to play challenge mode. @bobshlibidich and @C01D1 have both been arrested and punished by moose stampede for their indiscretions. 

Battle:

1. Duja is better than Saber at battle mode
  2. In battle mode, if you become confused, you can freeze yourself with an ice trap to cure confused condition
  3. Epstein didn't kill himself.

Edited by RocketTots
  • Like 7

Normal:
[ ] Dr. Osto created De Rol Le
[ ] You never actually get to tell Principle Tyrell that you killed his daughter (Rico)
[ ] Kireek only helps you so he can kill you
Battle:
[ ] You can heal only yourself with resta by using the quick menu when knocked down
[ ] There are 9 Battle Rules
[ ] You can quickly get out of confuse by freezing yourself

Challenge:
[ ] Name of the marker from a dead player in Cmode is "Gravemarker of the Valient"
[ ] Bringers have a blind spot of their front left, making them easy to take down
[ ] S-rank specials are unreduced (such a fun fact)

Edited by EDEN
  • Like 2

Normal:

1. In the old days if you died you had to venture back to place of death to pick up your weapon.

2. If frozen hitting A,D in quick succession will break the ice.

3. DF users need to be healed soon as you see waves of light.

Challenge:

1. I still haven't beaten Cmode completely.

2. When passing a grave make sure to point it out, and who's it is 😂🤗

3. C1 can be beaten very quickly, under 7 minutes with experienced players.

Battle:

1. Make the best use of your character, you can't see a shorty behind walls.

2. Killing yourself with a trap will not give your opponent a point.

3. Certain techs can get behind walls and reach very far, good for a surprise.

Normal:

Having menu up while frozen is quicker to get out of the ice than not having it up.

TTF have a couple little "easter eggs". You can become the Dragon by talking to a lady then talking to the console in Forest 1. There's a love-meter thing, where if you're with a player of the opposite sex, you can trigger a mission where you have to stay together the whole time or else you'll end it. It was featured in a mini-event back in 2016.

You can take gal-gryphon down just with gizonde. It hits all of his hitboxes, therefore doing 7x(i think?) the damage.

Challenge:

Episode 1 has random spawns, but Episode 2 has set spawns, therefore making it possible to reliably time attack ep 2 challenge mode.

2c3 (the CCA stage)  time attack record was done by 4 fonewearls.

First player in 2c5 can drop down the ledge, letting them get to the next stage faster. It's referred to as the 'sinnow drop'.

Battle:

Despite having 9 different rules-sets, Rule 6 is by far the most played.

The last b-mode event here never had a conclusion

I suck at b-mode.

• Like 2

Normal:

we have episode I + II and IV but not many people realize that EP III was actually a card based game with turn based combat, you could also unlock "hidden" cards such as halloween rappy, nano dragon etc from having save data from the previous PSO titles and various sonic titles on the same memory card you was using for PSO EP III C.A.R.D

Challenge:

<Pending>

Battle:

The only thing I remember about battle mode was when you was about to die you could quickly unequip your weapon to prevent it being dropped.

Edited by kinso05

10 hours ago, Lemon said:

Normal:
Free roam map variations all share the same codebase, just have different object placement (same .bin, different .dat)

Battle:
Battle Mode quests don't use the pl_pkon opcode, the player targetability is inherent to the mode.  Thus if you load a battle mode quest in normal mode it will still run, but will be a tie as no one can hit each other.

Interesting qedit facts. Still missing quite a few to be eligible ;)

10 hours ago, C01D1 said:

Normal: A typical progression based experience however, in order to unlock ruins in episode one you need to activate the pillars, however the problem is they are often located in pseudo random locations.

Challenge: Stripping you down to bare bones with nothing but your skill and adaptability, it turned the game on its head and offered rewards that were completely unique. S Rank weapons even allow Casts to have access to Zalure and Jellen which at the time was stronger then what a FO had in their arsenal.

Battle: Added a cover based 3rd Person PVP in a console MMORPG, extremely rare upon introduction, it still holds up well to this day and requires a completely different skillset then PVE and good resource management for TP users.

Smooth, what classes have you completed cm on?

10 hours ago, RocketTots said:

Normal:

1. "Anti-Light Ring" was replaced by "Black Ring" on Ultima
  2. the mag Gueng-si is based on chinese folklore of a hopping zombie that killed the living to absorb their life energy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiangshi
  3. The first boiola to ever beat Dark Falz in a rap battle was @jezbuz, paving the way for other boiola pso recording artists to live their dreams.

Challenge:

1. The original c mode ship on GC was US Ship: Miranda, block 11 -  great place to see cross-language collaboration between Japanese and English speakers. 
  2. Challenge mode rewards are largely obsolete due to new items from the past few years
  3. It is illegal for Canadians to play challenge mode. @bobshlibidich and @C01D1 have both been arrested and punished by moose stampede for their indiscretions. 

Battle:

1. Duja is better than Saber at battle mode
  2. In battle mode, if you become confused, you can freeze yourself with an ice trap to cure confused condition
  3. Epstein didn't kill himself.

N2 is a great bit. It is a shame S-Ranks besides Zalure ones are worthless nowadays. Duja has indeed beat me quite a few times. I've gotten him some too though.

10 hours ago, EDEN said:

Normal:
[ ] Dr. Osto created De Rol Le
[ ] You never actually get to tell Principle Tyrell that you killed his daughter (Rico)
[ ] Kireek only helps you so he can kill you
Battle:
[ ] You can heal only yourself with resta by using the quick menu when knocked down
[ ] There are 9 Battle Rules
[ ] You can quickly get out of confuse by freezing yourself

Challenge:
[ ] Name of the marker from a dead player in Cmode is "Gravemarker of the Valient"
[ ] Bringers have a blind spot of their front left, making them easy to take down
[ ] S-rank specials are unreduced (such a fun fact)

Gravemarker of the Valient. That is good.

9 hours ago, duja1001 said:

Normal:

1. In the old days if you died you had to venture back to place of death to pick up your weapon.

2. If frozen hitting A,D in quick succession will break the ice.

3. DF users need to be healed soon as you see waves of light.

Challenge:

1. I still haven't beaten Cmode completely.

2. When passing a grave make sure to point it out, and who's it is 😂🤗

3. C1 can be beaten very quickly, under 7 minutes with experienced players.

Battle:

1. Make the best use of your character, you can't see a shorty behind walls.

2. Killing yourself with a trap will not give your opponent a point.

3. Certain techs can get behind walls and reach very far, good for a surprise.

The fastest C1 is just under 7 :) the run wasn't that great.

7 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

Normal:

Having menu up while frozen is quicker to get out of the ice than not having it up.

TTF have a couple little "easter eggs". You can become the Dragon by talking to a lady then talking to the console in Forest 1. There's a love-meter thing, where if you're with a player of the opposite sex, you can trigger a mission where you have to stay together the whole time or else you'll end it. It was featured in a mini-event back in 2016.

You can take gal-gryphon down just with gizonde. It hits all of his hitboxes, therefore doing 7x(i think?) the damage.

Challenge:

Episode 1 has random spawns, but Episode 2 has set spawns, therefore making it possible to reliably time attack ep 2 challenge mode.

2c3 (the CCA stage)  time attack record was done by 4 fonewearls.

First player in 2c5 can drop down the ledge, letting them get to the next stage faster. It's referred to as the 'sinnow drop'.

Battle:

Despite having 9 different rules-sets, Rule 6 is by far the most played.

The last b-mode event here never had a conclusion

I suck at b-mode.

Rip to shoutgu vs. that alt for bmode event.

27 minutes ago, kinso05 said:

Normal:

we have episode I + II and IV but not many people realize that EP III was actually a card based game with turn based combat, you could also unlock "hidden" cards such as halloween rappy, nano dragon etc from having save data from the previous PSO titles and various sonic titles on the same memory card you was using for PSO EP III C.A.R.D

Challenge:

<Pending>

Battle:

<PENDING>

Excited to see the rest.

2 hours ago, kinso05 said:

Normal:

Challenge:

<Pending>

Battle:

The only thing I remember about battle mode was when you was about to die you could quickly unequip your weapon to prevent it being dropped.

I loved ep III :D

• Like 2

Normal:
1. Kireek never does a 3 hit combo with his weapon, yet tells you how to do it in the Battle Training quest.

2. Ultima has made things a lot more friendly, back in the day materials didn't stack. 5 Materials would take up 5 item slots.

3. There aren't any quests for the multiplayer mode that send NPCs to accompany you in battle. I would love to know if this is possible though.

Challenge:
1. When you beat challenge mode you get to name your S-rank. A lot of the ones I used to see had vulgar names in previous versions of PSO.

2. If you don't have others that know what their doing, don't expect to beat it the first time.

3. I've never been able to beat Challenge mode. I did see gaves of others that had died as well as my own.

Battle:
1. You can't walk though other players in P2. Back in the GameCube day a friend and I trapped a random guy in a corner then stood there until he "Quit Game" to escape us.

2. Androids get slow traps and can't use them in other modes. (Why is this? I'd like to see Ultima add this feature.)

3. Healing traps exist in certain quests but, androids cannot use them. (Why is this? I'd like to see Ultima add this feature possibly replacing slow traps.)