advice...

kinso05

so, first of all I have not played in a long ass time... first played on dreamcast as a kid. (I mostly played offline but occasionally online with family)

I played ultima a while ago and leveled a humar skyly to 123 as shown below:

pEqx8e3.png

my other slots are taken by heaven arms and heaven battle.

I was thinking about getting sacred cloth to replace lt mantle... but that requires me to be doing ultimate ruins as skyly, but thats just not comfortable or fast for me to do right now.

What would be the fastest way for me to progress right now given my current equip and level, don't really want to grind ultimate forest for levels.

Any advice on leveling, gear etc is most welcome.

You gotta do some CCA on EP2.

you have to unlock it doing the central control areas. Pull the switches in mountain, seabed, jungle. Then the huge door opens and you dan go to gal gryphon.

from now on you can instantly go to gal gryphon (only 3 rooms before it)

unfortunately the exp rate is down. It’s 3x till lv160. From 160-200 its only 2x.

some periods have 5x exp, then gall gryphon gives 500.000 on ultimate and if you do the final blow even 650.000.

you should make rooms like CCA help etc.

About the equipment:

you should save up photon drops by trading or donate for DT’s.

1DT = 7-8 PD

that’s the current rate.

you should get a centurion as fast as you can. Heavenly/battle gives 40% boost, centurion/battle gives 110% boost.

and then some centurion units like, power/ability/arms. Also a lv.200 good build mag is very important. If you do not have this, @JADE trains and sells them. I would recommend him/her.

I see you already have a psycho raven, thats pretty nice.

then a good aura field from lv152 and then a wedding dress from lv 192 for armor. And I would get a red ring as fast as possible as barrier. It is usable from lv150

good luck and if you have any questions, let me know.

I can also play with you sometime, hunt for some items you need.

I remember doing gal last time i played here.. not sure if I have it open on ulti difficulty tho.. honestly havent really touched ep2 since like 2001-2002 not even sure how I check if I have gal gryphon available? I do have CCA warp available.

Also red ring is from Ulti dark falz iirc? thats a little out of my reach right now. I currently only have 4 PD.

edit - just remembered where the entrance to Gal is... i haven't flipped the switches... i don't feel like running round all that right now tho

Edited by kinso05

I would really suggest to let high level people help you.

but if you want to run solo and dont have good gear. Go do ultimate forest mission ‘wrath of the forest.’ Forest shouldn’t be to hard.

in order to do gryphon I have to activate the switches myself tho correct?

Im quit fine grinding out solo for now, just the forest gets boring real fast, I can handle the mines its just anoying af with all the lillys 

i will try the forest mission

ill try the room tonight at some point.

Just want to include my mat count ive attached an ss

my plan is to use this build:

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/tool-box/calculators/max-stats/&c=0&l=200&m10=149&m11=0&m12=66&m13=0&m14=35&m15=0&m16=0&m20=0&m21=128&m22=72&m23=0&i0=-1&i1=39&i2=-1&i3=-1&i4=-1&i5=-1

but i need to work on the mag my current mag is wrong but not horrible:

17/127/56/0 rappy

when should I focus on my mat usage? ive just been doing it as i get drops...

Untitled.png

*edit*

any suggestions on a weapon to farm wrath of forest with?

jizai is fast but i want the AOE... the red sword is a bit meh

Edited by kinso05

14 hours ago, kinso05 said:

any suggestions on a weapon to farm wrath of forest with?

jizai is fast but i want the AOE... the red sword is a bit meh

Your options as a HU for AOE attacks are pretty limited,  HUs are basically one-monster eliminators/boss destroyers IMHO.

I'd suggest you find a good yellow boxed slicer with beserk/spirit/arrest/blizzard or a rare slicer, either with hit.

Aside from that, a really big freakin' sword (Zanba, Flowens 3084, Crimson Sword, TJ-Sword) or a rare partisan (Soul Banish, Ultima Reaper, Asteron Belt) with a wide arc swing that can dish out some serious damage and hit alot of targets is your best hope.

You can check out all the weapons here via the Wiki: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/items/

Hope this helps!

Edited by Trigunman

You can also check Bomb-Chu for AOE damage. It's a ranged weapon that is usable by Hunters and can hit up to 10 targets.

Triforce event is still up so you can find one, or they probably are pretty cheap on the market right now if you choose to buy.

Also try to find about 100 pow mats and use them all. The power bump will help and u can always reset later. 
Also agree with bomb chu.