Ultima Triforce Event 2019

Larva

13 hours ago, Noob Saibot said:

So the Ganondorf Shield stats have been revealed, and seeing how rare the shield is and considering it is so close to become an endgame item, I would like suggest a few modifications on the shield stats, as I believe it was mostly designed to be used by Forces, and become a melee suited alternative to Hylian Shield, which is used for nuke purposes.

My initial plan was to use it in a combination with Godric's Cloak. Godric's Cloak is an exclusive armor for FOmar with the following stats:
DFP:155 (+10)  EVP:300 (+0) 0 EFR 30 ETH 0 EIC 0 EDK 20 ELT (All Stats + 30, Gibarta 200%, Gifoie 35%, Rabarta 85%)

And the brand new Ganondorf Shield stats are:
DFP: 90 (+75) EVP: 20 (+30) 35 EFR 40 ETH 0 EIC 40 EDK 0 ELT (ATA +20, LCK+20, Rabarta: +60%, Lvl. 180, All classes)

Here are some considerations:

• Its DFP is really good (specially if you are lucky enough to get a maxed GS), but the EVP is really really low, specially compared to uber shields like Red Ring DFP:130 (+85) EVP:212 (+25) and Hylian Shield DFP:120 EVP:245.
  • The EFR (fire resistance) and EDK (dark resistance) are really great on this shield, it is one of the very few shields that have a combination of the two most important resistances, it really shines on that. But it does have one drawback that none of the uber shields have, it lacks EIC (Ice resistance). All of them have at least 30 EIC. Safety Heart, which has heavily buffed from vanilla and is basically a female exclusive Red Ring, have an impressive amount of 50 EIC.
  • Considering RA technique boosts, Hylian Shield boosts Grants +100%, Razonde +60%, Rafoie +75%. Psycho Bridge boosts Rafoie +85%, Rabarta: +95%, Razonde +85%. 
  • Considering SI technique boosts, Alis' Resolve boosts Foie +35%, Barta +35%, Zonde +35%. Glide Divine V.00 boosts Foie +200%, Barta +100%, Zonde +100%
  • Quasar Staff boosts Barta +120%, Gizonde +60%, Rafoie +60% (you might prefer PB for Rafoie since it is better and also reduces TP consumption)
  • Considering GI technique boosts Quasar Staff provides the best Gizonde boost, Magical Piece boosts Gifoie +40%, Gibarta +40%, Gizonde +40%
  • There are no shields that boosts GI-techs better than the vanilla ones. Gibarta Merge (30%), Gifoie Merge (30%) and Gizonde Merge (30%) are individually better than Virus Shield: Vol Opt (20% All Gi Techs). 
  • Gibarta is a really slow and pretty much useless technique, there are no situations where it is better than Barta (specially considering Barta pierces) and is very fast.
  • While Ganondorf Shield gives the best Rabarta boost, this techqniue is really harmful when playing in group because it triggers a lot of Damage Cancel (DMC) and when on dessync games, makes enemies not targetable by other players if they get frozen, which essencially makes this technique mostly useful for solo mode.

Considering that new Ganondorf Shield is already boosting Rabarta: +60% (covering what Hylian Shield doesn't do), I suggest making it boost Gifoie +40% (making it the best shield for this specific technique and thus replacing Gifoie Merge) and perhaps Zonde +200% (Zonde is also an useless technique compared to Gizonde, which is very fast and hits multiple targets, so why not give hit an huge boost for fun? 😛) or a Gizonde + 40%. I'm not too worried about Zonde because Alis's Resolve already boosts that technique. Either Gifoie+Zonde or Gifoie+Gizonde combo would be ideal.

Those changes would make that shield a perfect combination with Godric's Cloak, making it essentially a very nice combo for Fomars to perform well on any Episode while meleeing.

So I'll put all arguments in a nutshell. My suggestions are:

• Give Ganondorf Shield more EVP, at least 150 as base.
  • Add at least 30 EIC (ice resistance) so FOmars don't get rekt by Dark Falz Rabarta and Ice Floor Traps at CCA/Tower.
  • Make it also boosts Gifoie by 40% at least  so it replaces the vanilla Gifoie Merge and perhaps makes it boost Zonde/Gizonde as well.

That's all I have to say. The shield looks really cool (although IMO I can't imagine something so colorful being used by Ganondorf lol). Here's a picture of it being used on a FOmar + Godric's Cloak:

i4ADjGj.jpg

That 0 EIC though ☠️

EDIT: Also I made two alternative skins for Ganondorf Shield. They are modified versions of the ones released by Kamui S. with a Triforce symbol on it.

Purple Ganondorf Shield

unknown.png

Cursed Ganondorf Shield

unknown.png

I'll put a download link and instructions on how to install it if there are interested people.

that's good idea and look great i would accept that

Ganondorf doesn't even use a shield 😆, and seeing how colorful the new shield is, I'd say Triforce, Hyrule, Dark Shield (something else) as a name would fit better. Just my opinion.

And yeah my skins are more like a proof of concept (all I did was just adding a Triforce symbol and changing a few colors, those skins already exists since many years), it doesn't have as many details as the default skin but still I think it looks like something Ganondorf would really use.

Another skin that doesn't fit IMO is the one used for Great Fairy Sword, which more like a Rainbow Saber instead.

Even the sword description, "With black roses etched into it, the Great Fairy's Sword is the most powerful of all blades."
I can't see any "black rose etched into it" 🤔

ddbQqwL.png

I mean, it was supposed to look like the Great Fairy Sword from Majora's Mask below, right?

latest?cb=20091014204017

But no, it is just a recolored Elysion sadly...

002C00_00.png

4 hours ago, Usagi-chan said:

I can't imagine Ganondorf using bright colors either

Xg25PQp.png

Bright colors ehh, I see  :cr-dancing:

Your skin looks good, the amount of details you put into the spinning part is impressive, but the name is really off, remember that's my opinion, I made those as an alternative skin, in no way I'm asking to replace your skin. 🤷

Well anyways for those who asked for the skins I tweaked, here is the download link.

Cursed Ganondorf Shield: Download
Purple Ganondorf Shield: Download

Install instructions

Paste the .prs file you downloaded into data\items\texture folder of PSOBB. Rename it to File 511.prs. Enjoy.

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

everyone is free to put on and take off the skins😂 I gave the idea of the shield and proposed the skin, all the staff voted.  If Larva asks me to, I can make a darker one, without violating the intellectual property of other people who do skins

Oh and there is something called sarcasm.  Ganondorf's armor is bright.  At least people who didn't get caught in the 90's know

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Usagi-chan said:

everyone is free to put on and take off the skins😂

I agree.

If Larva asks me to, I can make a darker one, without violating the intellectual property of other people who do skins

24 minutes ago, Usagi-chan said:

it's easy to do your own things without stealing from others

blab

Hmm interesting.

Black and Red Jizai (by Kyzrath) a.k.a. Ultima's Ten Years Blades (very first skin)

BmzNZQg.png

lJuQTvT.png

E46Ri46.jpg

Cursed Excalibur (by Kamui S.) a.k.a. Ultima's Hundred Souls

wNfYcmf.png

So by your logic, modifying skins made by other people is "stealing intellectual property"?

How about using From the Depths skin (protected by copyrights by SEGA) as a base for your own and all of those The Legend of Zelda symbols on your skin that are copyright protected by Nintendo. Is it legal then?

Let's not be hypocrites, violating intellectual property is something we do the whole time. Silly argument.

Oh and there is something called sarcasm.  Ganondorf's armor is bright.  At least people who didn't get caught in the 90's know

Thank you for saving my time from getting a dictionary.

24 minutes ago, Usagi-chan said:

words

FOTO_20191002_183135.jpg

FOTO_20191002_183025.jpg

I liked this, interesting.

EDIT: Also I'm not even sure why you are triggered only because I said your skin doesn't fit. LOL.

At least people who didn't get caught in the 90's know

😂

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 1

Or you all start showing the owners intellectual property papers OR I'LL CALL THE COPS! I HEAR THEY LIKE BOIS AND GALS THAT ARE STUCK ON THE 90'S!

• Dw 1