Metal/Body name variant issues

Shin

I noticed some issues with the names of the Metal/Body variants.

Here are shots of the bank having 2 Metal/Body+ and the item reader showing that 1 is actually supposed to be a Metal/Body++ as per the two different defense ratings.

pso132138363068778298.thumb.jpg.74bae57e7236b79e71956eb3a88505f4.jpgpso132138363093468547.thumb.jpg.23ba7f450369f1f2bfa19df2c65ac9ce.jpg

Here are the shots of them on the ground

pso132138363746193763.thumb.jpg.ece80f9c0a8a60b5f1fbf59c81b81aa9.jpgpso132138363826806185.thumb.jpg.d6347109cd9dba5a7513d9c1ff673649.jpg

Also, Metal/Body-- is showing up as Metal/Body-

pso132138363955288185.thumb.jpg.9e92ca14beff73c135ba6354fb564208.jpg

I thought it was an issue with the item reader at first, but the two Metal/Body+ in the game display two separate defense ratings.  My files are all up to date through the launcher.

• Like 2

I'd say to not trust the reader on that... I never really looked into how the game decides it and just used like +1 and +2 (as well as minus) but it can potentially have more values... if you can keep those in a character and go e it's guidlcard and slot too see it's values, I might be able.to update the reader.

After all.. I mean, it's the game, if it were to be "bugged" like this, then is more of a feature than a bug... note that we haven't changed anything about this units stuff

I'll do some testing of my own with the item maker too...

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Soly said:

I'd say to not trust the reader on that... I never really looked into how the game decides it and just used like +1 and +2 (as well as minus) but it can potentially have more values... if you can keep those in a character and go e it's guidlcard and slot too see it's values, I might be able.to update the reader.

After all.. I mean, it's the game, if it were to be "bugged" like this, then is more of a feature than a bug... note that we haven't changed anything about this units stuff

I'll do some testing of my own with the item maker too...

Guildcard - 42201751

Character slot - 2

All of the items are in the character bank. Thank you.

To be honest I am more concerned about about the Player reader's SD level, as the displayed level is usually wrong when there are at least 2 PBs and any involved donation.

7 hours ago, R-78 said:

To be honest I am more concerned about about the Player reader's SD level, as the displayed level is usually wrong when there are at least 2 PBs and any involved donation.

Other servers such as Ephinea removed the ++ gear. I remember being highly disappointed about that fact. Especially, because folks there kept saying the server was vanilla. I'm like: how the hell do you figure?
When I joined Ultima I was actually glad that it was more vanilla in that regard.
I thought it was disrespectful to delete ++ gear from the database, and ironic that even staff whole heartedly swear Epinea is vanilla.
I'm just saying, how can PSO be PSO without the ++ green names or with other items deleted from the database the way Destiny server removed Smartlink?

While new ideas, and exclusive releases are awesome, 
I think it's important to maintain that vanilla feel by making sure all those subtle PSO elements still work.
People play PSO mostly for that feeling of nostalgia. I legit stopped using any skins and ogg packs for that reason months ago.
I've been able to put in a lot more effort into PSO, because I play with my game looking as it did on the Gamecube.
The feels are real when PSO is normal. Can't go wrong with some new epic gear though.
Adding new gear or combo unlocking something like L&K38 Combat won't make PSO less vanilla.
Deleting PSO gear from the database or leaving items broken will.

• Dislike 1
3 hours ago, Emewn said:

Other servers such as Ephinea removed the ++ gear. I remember being highly disappointed about that fact. Especially, because folks there kept saying the server was vanilla. I'm like: how the hell do you figure?
When I joined Ultima I was actually glad that it was more vanilla in that regard.
I thought it was disrespectful to delete ++ gear from the database, and ironic that even staff whole heartedly swear Epinea is vanilla.
I'm just saying, how can PSO be PSO without the ++ green names or with other items deleted from the database the way Destiny server removed Smartlink?

While new ideas, and exclusive releases are awesome, 
I think it's important to maintain that vanilla feel by making sure all those subtle PSO elements still work.
People play PSO mostly for that feeling of nostalgia. I legit stopped using any skins and ogg packs for that reason months ago.
I've been able to put in a lot more effort into PSO, because I play with my game looking as it did on the Gamecube.
The feels are real when PSO is normal. Can't go wrong with some new epic gear though.
Adding new gear or combo unlocking something like L&K38 Combat won't make PSO less vanilla.
Deleting PSO gear from the database or leaving items broken will.

Ephinea didn't remove ++ gear because they want to b vanilla, they removed ++ gear because they made no difference in the statistics compared to a non ++ version. Sega did this as a way to stop the randomization of their stat units for online. My guess is because they either couldn't handle coding it or because they just did't wanna worry about it. So when, on other servers, you hover over a ++ unit, it gives the base stats of the regular unit despite it being a ++ version. 

As an example, a Elf/Arm++ on Blue Burst, no matter what server, gives 7 ATA despite it being a ++ variant, which should give 9 ATA. Sega intentionally designed them this way. So Ephinea removing the units that have ++ or -- on them didn't change anything, they simply removed the ability to obtain them in the pool.

No, also, not all players play PSO for the feeling of nostalgia. While I'm sure some players feel nostalgia when the play PSO, players of this game do not strictly play it for that reason. Do not speak for everyone.

Adding new items to the game absolutely changes the state of the game from vanilla to custom. Every PSOBB server out right now is a custom server in their own way. And I've never seen anybody on Ephinea except for the die hard fanboys/girls even try to make the argument that Ephinea is a strictly vanilla server because that's silly. Ephinea, for all intents and purposes, is the closest thing to a vanilla BB server you can ever get right now. By saying adding things to the game that weren't in the game already to not be custom changes would be to completely change the definition of vanilla.

I would be willing to wager that most people don't play Ultima because of how "vanilla" the game is. Quite the opposite. I was attracted to Ultima because it was the complete opposite. So many people like to clamor to vanilla experiences but Ultima was always a server you could go to if you wanted neat server exclusives and changes to the game that made it fun in new ways. I would say most people like Ultima for that reason; because it's not bound to the same arbitrary play requirements like other servers seem to be tied down by.