Ultima Monster Buff Vote

Ultima Monster Buff Vote  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather Ultimas monsters be buffed the way they are or all return to their vanilla stats?

• Buffed
    • Vanilla

40 minutes ago, Virec said:

back on topic -  @Saber +7  @Larva  was this poll/topic used to make a decision that will be impacting the community in the near future or do you have some sort of mini event planned out ?

On 9/5/2019 at 9:48 PM, Saber +7 said:

Nothing will change off this vote. I just want to know y'alls opinions on the matter.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobshlibidich said:

you cant honestly expect anyone to believe there isnt a hidden agenda here LOL   I been around too long for stuff like this to pop up randomly  unless its been brought up in the staff forums or on a ********  server which I bleeped out because I shouldnt know about it LOL 

4 minutes ago, Virec said:

you cant honestly expect anyone to believe there isnt a hidden agenda here LOL   I been around too long for stuff like this to pop up randomly  unless its been brought up in the staff forums or on a ********  server which I bleeped out because I shouldnt know about it LOL 

Even if it was the case, if a mod starts a thread with "I'm just asking for the lulz", you're not going to get an answer by asking them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, bobshlibidich said:

Even if it was the case, if a mod starts a thread with "I'm just asking for the lulz", you're not going to get an answer by asking them.

yea but it doesnt hurt to try LOL 

I played vanilla gamecube for too many years. One of the draws of this server for me was the buffed monsters on Ultima. I feel that it has added a new dimension to the game for experienced players. It is very difficult to start on any server. But I feel that Ultima's unique buffing is fun for players and presents a unique experience for those experienced players that want a challenge. There is a balance between the monster buffing and the buffing of the weapons and armors. I, for one, would not like to see this server become like all of the others. Sure, it's fun to be over powered against your foes. But, it makes the game boring. It's like putting training wheels back onto your bicycle. I feel the only benefit to debuffing the monsters would be faster time attack times. But most of the players on the server could care less about time attack. As for the monsters' buffs causing a pay to win experience, I know a lot of players, like @mudkipzjm have all of the gear maxed and brag about never donating a single cent to Ultima. I have a lot of the maxed gear myself and have donated a very miniscule amount compared to all that I have gained. I do not feel that you need 80 hit on every weapon, especially if you can master the sns trick. It does make things easier, but isn't necessary imo. Of course you do need to be a higher level to be successful in ultimate. But, there are so many amazing missions on this server, it isn't difficult to find good ones to help you level quickly. Bringing back crack mode would be amazing if they can prevent the hacking that happened when it was around.

• Like 4

I’d just like to state that there really isn’t a hidden agenda here. I’ve been an advocate of returning the monsters to vanilla stats for probably 3 or so years. I have brought the topic up in the “staff” channels. It’s not exactly been received well. There will not be any changes based on this thread. It’s purely for me. I can see just based on the results I’m in the minority anyway. 

• Like 2

Actually it seems you quote me just to oppose what I say for no reason even though what I said was factual, and most likely still occurs at Ephinea.

Nah, I was just saying I did not experience any of the problems you mentioned on Ephinea, and I played with a lot of hardcore players on past month. And yeah, Spuz is one of the best persons from Ephinea server, I agree with you on that.

But your experience while playing with Hardcore players was vastly different than mine, they played like normal players on my parties. Didn't see anyone leaving party afraid of dying permanently. I can understand though, why you would be mad seeing a hardcore player leaving party afraid of dying without scape dolls, but personally that never happened to me.

It would have made more sense if Hardcore users could only play with Hardcore users the way Sandbox mode users can only play with sandbox mode users.

I don't agree on that, because it would limit the game enjoying and experience A LOT, there would be almost zero incentive to make hardcore accounts if they restricted HC players from playing with normal players. But that's not something we should discuss here.

zJByqNP.png

Also @Emewn, I did not like you using my name in such way, you don't have the right to do that. Because I am giving my opinion doesn't mean I am conspiring against the server, that's dumb. Just stop with your stupid superstitions.

I played on Ultima since five years ago, I started my PSO career on this server and I've went through many things, I will never bite the hand that feeded me, it is just that I am burnt from all the drama in the community, I don't have many goals to accomplish here and lately I felt like going back to a more vanilla experience.

I don't remember changing the stats for Sonic team armor at all. This stat are the defaults one from Sega. So make up our minds you want vanilla stuff but want me to change the vanilla stats of STA?

The point I was trying to express is that SonicTeam Armor as it is (vanilla) already broken enough and fits perfectly the monster buff we have on Ultima. If we were to nerf the monsters back to their vanilla properties (i.e. weaker), that would make STA even more broken. You would take absolutely zero damage from vanilla monsters. The custom weapons we have are meant to be used with the buffed monsters, if we were to turn monsters back to their original properties, a major overhaul of items would have to be done, because our custom weapons would be absolutely broken.

Which makes me believe that at this point it might be a bad idea changing monster status.

The idea still preveil to me, many don't see it like that , and the donation system wasent even a thing in that time. I didn't make any of this changes for the "pay to win" deal.

The point is that buffering the monster EVP requires weapons to have more Hit%, but the Hit% drop average on weapons didn't increase as far as I know. That means that weapons that would perform decently on a vanilla server, don't perform so well here because they are much more prone to miss (not land their attacks). Kikori covered this question quite well.

For a few years I thought the Hit drop % on weapons have been lowered, because I personally never saw weapons dropping with more than 60% on Hit, I've seen like 3 weapons with above 90% Hit Dropping on past 3 years, a 85 Hit Arms, a 100% Hit Raygun and a 90% Hit Gungnir probably? All other weapons with Hit above 90% (You can gte 85's from RoCT and 90's from CCC) are custom made only. We are a community of 11 years long and on all of those years, I don't think any legit weapon (non GM-made weapons) with that amount of Hit has been found.

Even @Saber +7 for some time thought that Hit drop % was nerfed on Ultima, and after further investigation, looks like it wasn't after all. We are just all unlucky.
Or maybe we don't have enough players to spam quests and find such drops.

Anyways, the existence of Donation Tickets covers this problem well, it would be interesting to have Hit Events at least one time per year though.

And no, I'm not against donations, even though some people say Ultima is "pay-to-win", being able to add Hit% using DTs gives the players the opportunity to improve their weapons without massively grind for days or weeks for a specific weapon status, and covers an aspect that was missing from vanilla PSO. I've never donated a single cent to have my weapons with maxed Hit. I've earned DTs from trading and made use of the few Hit Events that were hosted Ultima to achieve this goal.

We are not really that "toxic" :onion117:  we are just bit mentally weird.  A Community that keep talking trash about us whenever they have the chance, it's kinda toxic.

That's true @Larva, but when I say about our community being toxic, I am talking about the weird dramas being allowed on our forum's shoutbox or left without the proper moderation, all of those personal status updates spam in a row and so on. I know moderators can't be available all the time, but if something wrong keeps recurring, then something should be done about that.

About what happens on reddit on other communities, nothing can be done sadly. I know we can't stop other communities from talking bad things about us. But I still think our forums could use of a slightly stronger and rigid moderation.

Doing challenge mode and farming S rank weapons on this game don't even feel special because of the enhanced evp. About the only thing good from S rank weapons is zalure while everything else is thrown out the window.

As @Patrick Bell said, enhanced EVP killed the purpose of most S-Rank weapons, because their ATA wasn't buffed as well. Mr. Naka's Cards killed the purpose of doing Challenge Mode, which was to obtain the so special S-Rank weapons. As it currently is, S-Rank weapons are only desirable for Zalure special, otherwise, TypeSH/Shots, Arrest Needle, Boomerang, Kiss of Death and Ultima Reaper replaced the S-Ranks since years ago. 

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 5

Part of the reason why I stopped playing despite how much I love the premise of the server is that I needed to have 80 hit for all my weapons to be successful. Not even getting lucky and getting 40-50 hit on weapons is enough to reasonably take on Ultimate. The EVP buff always seemed way too much to me. If you got rid of the EVP buff, I'd play this server way more often because I'd feel less hindered because I don't have 80 hit on everything.

To compensate for that, if you wanted I'd be down to see more ATP on these enemies. Make them hit harder to compensate? Totally fine to me. But the only thing that would bring me back consistently to this server, is making it so I don't feel at a disadvantage at all times while playing; a big proponent of that is the EVP buff making it harder for me to hit things.

• Like 1

I like the buffed enemies. The best vanilla experience is gamcube (Dreamcast drop rates were insane) and if I wanted vanilla I would go back to gamecube. I like vanilla pso, but I played it for so many years. When I found Ultima and saw all of the changes it made, it made me want to go through it all over again.

• Like 2