Ultima Monster Buff Vote

Ultima Monster Buff Vote  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather Ultimas monsters be buffed the way they are or all return to their vanilla stats?

• Buffed
    • Vanilla

1 hour ago, Saber +7 said:

Why would we have to nerf or throw away the gear we have now?

If things ended up actually being vanilla here at Ultima then many weapons we have already would be overkill. 
Things would most likely get nerfed.

41 minutes ago, Noob Saibot said:

Personally the only instance I saw hardcore players leaving parties was when the forces (support players) were away from computer and the enviroment was too dangerous for them to play alone, relying on their own shifta/deband/no support. Or do you think a HUcaseal can handle doing a tower alone while the force and other players are sleeping/busy like two floors behind? On this case I don't think it is right to blame hardcore players if you are not even doing your job right.

Aside of the fact that on hardcore, your character dies permanently if you don't have Scape Dolls, the gameplay is exactly the same from the Sega official servers, except Ephinea added lots of enhanced gimmicks, like PSO2 drop system, Hunter's Boost Road, Improved drop tables, Daily Luck System and a few brand new custom cosmetic items. They are not vanilla, yeah, Ephinea is much better than vanilla PSO. I would never play a Vanilla PSOBB again without their improvements. They gave a new life to the vanilla experience.

I'm not trying to give arguments for a Ultima vs Ephinea debate, because I really think this is silly. I'm just trying to clear some misconceptions here, plus, they have different goals, so there's just not much point in saying X server is better than Y server.

The Ephinea community is nowhere as "toxic" as our community.

If the monster properties were reverted to vanilla, then yeah some weapons would have to get an adjustment. Hence why perhaps it may be too late to make an serious adjustment on enemy and weapons status without displeasing half of the community.

I'd rather see a new difficult over Ultimate being implemented over making the stupidly buffed monsters getting even more buffed.

Seems you had a different experience than I did. That's not to say what I said didn't happen many times. 
My point was that wannabe elitists at Ephinea say that it's vanilla all the time, when PSO wasn't meant to be experienced the way I previously stated.
Actually it seems you quote me just to oppose what I say for no reason even though what I said was factual, and most likely still occurs at Ephinea.
The toxic people I was referring to was the wannabe elitists at Ephinea that swear thy know what they're talking about. Not the casual user base who just enjoys to play PSO. I was cool with the majority of them. I was friends with many vets for example Spuz. He isn't one of those toxic folks I was referring to.
Wannabe elitists at Ephinea will tell you it's vanilla, and swear it to you. It's laughable really, because as stated above PSO wasn't meant to be experienced in such a way where you get left behind to finish quests solo just because Hardcore users are afraid to lose their reputation. Spuz never did that, because he is very skilled at PSO, but many others did.
I'm fully aware that they lose their progress when they die without scape dolls. How on earth is it still excusable to abandon fellow users because of that? It isn't.
It would have made more sense if Hardcore users could only play with Hardcore users the way Sandbox mode users can only play with sandbox mode users.
That would have been somewhat more vanilla, but the fact folks still call Ephinea Vanilla is crazy. And its often the wannabe elites there that claim such nonsense. 
As you mentioned, in Ultima a new difficulty would be neat. Especially considering a lot of new things could be implemented with that. Monster/area skins ect. Not a bad idea. It would probably be difficult to execute though.

Might not exactly fit what the topic is about and should probably stay on Ideas to Improve the Server but... I really think the Sonic Team Armor should get a little nerf on resistances.
I mean, I am totally fine with it being the best armor on Ultima, but at the same time, the super high resistances (80) on it makes us players really lazy.
We don't even bother to evade Megids from Lilies (it is very unlikely we'll die) , to evade Rafoies from Epsilons (because we don't take damage), to "shake" control (tilt "A" and "D" for keyboard players) to escape from Dark Falz Barta (because we won't get frozen), and so on... I believe that items that makes the players "lazier" and "half-ass" their gameplay tasks are not benefical to the game, and I only learned how much STA is broken that after playing on another server more involved with the vanilla experience. It does not improve the gameplay.
So my little suggestion is to lower the resistances on Sonic Team Armor to like 50 or 60 on each attribute, so it is slightly less broken and give veteran players a somewhat more "balanced" experience.

I know many players will not agree because they might be too comfortable playing like that, and getting used to a slightly less broken armor would take some time to get used to.

Maybe as a compensation, STA could give +10 attributes to each Status, just like Red Ring.
Why am I saying that? If the monster status ever get restored to their original attributes, that would make STA an even more broken armor than it currently is. Not even saying how STA became so easy to get on past years.
I don't remember changing the stats for Sonic team armor at all. This stat are the defaults one from Sega. So make up our minds you want vanilla stuff but want me to change the vanilla stats of STA? [emoji849]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Why we have to copy other servers.? When I did all this of buffed monsters, buffed classes and also changed the experience table (if anyone forgot that's a thing here too). At that time I did it because it's the way I wanted to approach the server. It's a idea and a path i wanted to follow. A server thats it's difficult to play, different from but not absurd.

The idea still preveil to me, many don't see it like that , and the donation system wasent even a thing in that time. I didn't make any of this changes for the "pay to win" deal.

Anyways , I'm not gonna go an try to be someone else idea. Specially a server that proclmain to be vanilla when it's clearly a lie. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Larva said:

I didn't make any of this changes for the "pay to win" deal.

If that's true, it raises a follow-up question.

Do you recognize that the changes you made unintentionally still make it difficult for a person to perform well without having extremely good luck with drops, or DT-boosted (i.e. Hit-boosted or Special-added) gear?

Edited by Kikori

Keep it the way it is. No changes need to be made. I have fun on this server and if the monsters are buffed then oh well just deal with it. Don't mess with any weapons, armor, shields, etc. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you want that vanilla feel then go play on another server but I like Ultima server :)

• Like 3

It's not really difficult though once you get an okay amount of gear. Things like STA, unlocked DWs, Centurion/Battle, etc make it easy to preform well and feels even easier than vanilla might be. It's a common gripe with Ultima with people not fond of it, stats might be boosted but the gear that's available makes it a lot more easy than it should be. I feel things like STA, DM, etc. should've been kept to vanilla standards so we can achieve that 'difficult' server. Perhaps a 2014 Scht feel would've been more appropriate without directly copying them. All boosted EVP does is add an artificial difficulty level that feels like you need to donate or 'pay to win' to get past.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Noob Saibot said:

The Ephinea community is nowhere as "toxic" as our community.

We are not really that "toxic" :onion117:  we are just bit mentally weird.  A Community that keep talking trash about us whenever they have the chance, it's kinda toxic. I mean really we have never mess with them, we dont really go around (reddit) and talk about them. And you can see a lot from them towards us.

We are about to get 11 years online so we have gone trough a lot, maybe that's something to take into consideration regarding the community  too.

6 hours ago, Kikori said:

If that's true, it raises a follow-up question.

Do you recognize that the changes you made unintentionally still make it difficult for a person to perform well without having extremely good luck with drops, or DT-boosted (i.e. Hit-boosted or Special-added) gear?

well the idea was the make the game harder, that's why is the same reason why the experience table was changed to the pso vr2 one. the DTS system turned  in to something else, but I still believe like @mudkipzjm just said

6 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

It's not really difficult though once you get an okay amount of gear. Things like STA, unlocked DWs, Centurion/Battle, etc make it easy to preform well and feels even easier than vanilla might be. It's a common gripe with Ultima with people not fond of it,

You dont need dTS to get any of this gear. We dont even offer this items trough DTS. Members are the one selling this .

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Larva said:

We are not really that "toxic" :onion117:  we are just bit mentally weird.  A Community that keep talking trash about us whenever they have the chance, it's kinda toxic. I mean really we have never mess with them, we dont really go around (reddit) and talk about them. And you can see a lot from them towards us.

We are about to get 11 years online so we have gone trough a lot, maybe that's something to take into consideration regarding the community  too.

I think he's referring to the context of the forum. Our shoutbox/Forums are somewhat prone to drama and such where as on Ephinea they tend to stomp it out pretty quickly where-as here it's allowed to go on unmoderated half the time. Perhaps more forum moderators wouldn't be a bad idea but I'm not sure who would be fit to take on that task. Or maybe just a harder stance on drama/shi*tposting would do nicely so people are less likely to do so.

55 minutes ago, Larva said:

You dont need dTS to get any of this gear. We dont even offer this items trough DTS. Members are the one selling this .

Yes, but with it only available 1 month out of the year, often at very hard rates (I had to do 300 runs just for a STA, and even more for PGFs). it kind of sends a message of either throw your life away for PGF and other end-game gear or just donate and buy one from someone selling it which doesn't happen often especially with the population dropping like it is. End-game gear like this only being available for a month at hard rates is why I see a lot of people quit, and why I think it should be available, if not year-round, then more than just for a month out of the year. That's why I also argue for the EVP nerf on ep 2 since that's another reason I see people quit. From the outside-in, it seems p2w.

7 hours ago, Hawk said:

Keep it the way it is. No changes need to be made. I have fun on this server and if the monsters are buffed then oh well just deal with it. Don't mess with any weapons, armor, shields, etc. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you want that vanilla feel then go play on another server but I like Ultima server :)

Agree. End game enemies are supposed to be difficult (even though they aren't THAT difficult even without DW/STA). End game gear is supposed to be difficult to obtain. That's the point. 

Want to kill things faster? Hunt a better weapon. Want to hit more? Hunt a better weapon. Want more resistances? Hunt. Spend one HH and hunt something. Thats the entire point of this game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larva said:

I can't talk much about the ephinea community, as luckily I only spent a few hours on this server's forum, but I can say in big letters that the ephinea staff is racists and xenophobes, so I didn't even go back there anymore

Edited by Ricardo Gomes
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, RocketTots said:

Want to kill things faster? Hunt a better weapon. Want to hit more? Hunt a better weapon. Want more resistances? Hunt. Spend one HH and hunt something. Thats the entire point of this game.

That, and enjoying using what you've hunted. No real argument there.

The problem is the mountainous speedbump in the way of getting from 0 to 60. Most new players I come across are HUmar. How do you propose they go about their first steps into Ultimate? Farm a Red Sword, maybe a Bloody Art, perhaps a Dragon Slayer? On the off chance an upstart HUmar gets a 50/0/0/0|50 Dragon Slayer while in Very Hard, they're still going to get their asses wrecked up and down the Forest by mere Bartles and Barbles due to often missing two of the weakest enemies on Ultimate.

With a dwindling population, it's unrealistic to expect "Just farm in a party" to be the answer. Same with "Just buy something better", as most of the "better" drops are collecting dust. Half the luck here is in getting a party made to even attempt the hunt for more than one single run, or getting a lucky handout. That's not a healthy trend.

• Like 1

I would say Hunter should do more HP & ATP why Hucaseal / Humar / Hunewarl too little HP & ATP is really Hunter that's right Melee should be more HP and ATP than Ranger and Force.

(if not enough HP why fall down this is a melee that can not be) :onion-head72:
 why is the Best Hucast looks peferkt HP and ATP as humar / hunewaerl / hucaseal ....

New buffet on Hunters :3 :onion-head42: