Ultima Monster Buff Vote

Ultima Monster Buff Vote  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather Ultimas monsters be buffed the way they are or all return to their vanilla stats?

• Buffed
    • Vanilla

A middleground would be nice. Full-on vanilla foes vs Ultima's arsenal would make for the most boring gibfest possible. But the current system reeeaally makes it rough to get up to speed here.

The EVP boost they have is very annoying, since it's the biggest promoter of pay-to-win.
The resistance boosts are slightly less annoying but still bleh, as they force a heavy weapon focus (e.g. a near inability for techs to solo or carry a run outside Ep.4).
The ATP/ATA/DFP boosts they have are actually somewhat fun, since it puts a layer of challenge and risk back against players.

If I were to suggest a middleground, it'd involve separating monsters into tiers to scale down stats appropriately.
- Fodder monsters (Booma, Gulver, Goran, Lilies, Mothvert, Canabin, second tier foes...) given a 75% reduction to the bonuses between Vanilla and Ultima stats
- Leader monsters (Gigobomma, Melqueek, Canune, Ba Boota...) given a 50% reduction to the bonuses between Vanilla and Ultima stats
- Threat monsters (Sinow series, Delsaber, Hildelt, Pan Arms, Dorphon, Zu, Baranz...) given a 25% reduction to the bonuses between Vanilla and Ultima stats
- Rare / Miniboss monsters (Hildetorr, Gibbles, Gi Gue, Pazuzu, Dorphon Eclair...) given no reduction

This kind of split wouldn't nix the usefulness of maxed weapons, but would allow lower level people and undergeared folk to still have potential to contribute everywhere, without going under Vanilla stats anywhere across the board.

• Like 6

Keep ATP/Def, get rid of EVP. This way they're still challenging without having to spend dts to make everything 80 hit to actually hit something. Also utility would return to some s-ranks and other vanilla weapons if evp wasn't buffed.

• Like 4

Might not exactly fit what the topic is about and should probably stay on Ideas to Improve the Server but... I really think the Sonic Team Armor should get a little nerf on resistances.

I mean, I am totally fine with it being the best armor on Ultima, but at the same time, the super high resistances (80) on it makes us players really lazy.

We don't even bother to evade Megids from Lilies (it is very unlikely we'll die) , to evade Rafoies from Epsilons (because we don't take damage), to "shake" control (tilt "A" and "D" for keyboard players) to escape from Dark Falz Barta (because we won't get frozen), and so on... I believe that items that makes the players "lazier" and "half-ass" their gameplay tasks are not benefical to the game, and I only learned how much STA is broken that after playing on another server more involved with the vanilla experience. It does not improve the gameplay.

So my little suggestion is to lower the resistances on Sonic Team Armor to like 50 or 60 on each attribute, so it is slightly less broken and give veteran players a somewhat more "balanced" experience.

I know many players will not agree because they might be too comfortable playing like that, and getting used to a slightly less broken armor would take some time to get used to.

Maybe as a compensation, STA could give +10 attributes to each Status, just like Red Ring.

Why am I saying that? If the monster status ever get restored to their original attributes, that would make STA an even more broken armor than it currently is. Not even saying how STA became so easy to get on past years.

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 2

Buff the monsters more, but only in Ultimate.
Gotta think about the new players. It's already hard as is to get good without help.
A lot of people who joined Ultima server often tell me it's the first time playing in several years.
Buffing monsters would promote better weapon releases which we all want.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

Keep ATP/Def, get rid of EVP. This way they're still challenging without having to spend dts to make everything 80 hit to actually hit something. Also utility would return to some s-ranks and other vanilla weapons if evp wasn't buffed.

i agree with this, maybe it help ultima became playable again for most people, since long ago its pay to play here

If you debuff the monsters then classes would have to be debuffed as well.  If you do that, then weapons have to be re-balanced so that players aren't suddenly stuck with gear they can't use.

• Like 3

1. Would you rather Ultimas monsters be buffed the way they are or all return to their vanilla stats?

Not sure but i think this question comes a litle to late. Ppl alrdy payed alot to get their gear buffed specially on hit %

Edited by Howitzer
  • Like 1

If you want to play vanilla, then play on this Dreamcast server https://sylverant.net
I had a falling out with folks at Ephinea, because they kept saying Ephinea was vanilla, and I had no problem saying the truth about it. 
Ephinea being vanilla is a very silly statement based on what I experienced there for a short time.
Just by having to play alongside Hardcore users made the Ephinea experience non-vanilla, because folks abandon you all the time just to save their reputation.
You wouldn't believe how many times I was abandoned in Ephinea, because Hardcore users can play with non-hardcore users, and they alt-backspace to save rep. 
The toxic community there keeps saying it's vanilla when it isn't, and it's annoying. I don't even know why people are comparing the 2 servers Ultima & Ephinea.

To make Ultima vanilla means nerfing & throwing away all the gear we have now.
The only choice now is to make it harder, and more fun with better gear. Not with releases like Arrest Faust & Arctic Faust which are complete disappointments.
A harder Ultimate difficulty would probably help improve the server.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, RedDingo said:

This is why I suggested running different sets on different ships with different drop charts. That can't be too hard to do since programming is basically magic right?

programming is basically magic right?

basically magic

react_dw.png.a173d8c6ba5961d7e25a8c749605cf54.png

• Dw 2

31 minutes ago, Emewn said:

If you want to play vanilla, then play on this Dreamcast server https://sylverant.net
I had a falling out with folks at Ephinea, because they kept saying Ephinea was vanilla, and I had no problem saying the truth about it. 
Ephinea being vanilla is a very silly statement based on what I experienced there for a short time.
Just by having to play alongside Hardcore users made the Ephinea experience non-vanilla, because folks abandon you all the time just to save their reputation.
You wouldn't believe how many times I was abandoned in Ephinea, because Hardcore users can play with non-hardcore users, and they alt-backspace to save rep. 
The toxic community there keeps saying it's vanilla when it isn't, and it's annoying. I don't even know why people are comparing the 2 servers Ultima & Ephinea.

The only choice now is to make it harder, and more fun with better gear. Not with releases like Arrest Faust & Arctic Faust which are complete disappointments.

Why would we have to nerf or throw away the gear we have now?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emewn said:

Personally the only instance I saw hardcore players leaving parties was when the forces (support players) were away from computer and the enviroment was too dangerous for them to play alone, relying on their own shifta/deband/no support. Or do you think a HUcaseal can handle doing a tower alone while the force and other players are sleeping/busy like two floors behind? On this case I don't think it is right to blame hardcore players if you are not even doing your job right.

Aside of the fact that on hardcore, your character dies permanently if you don't have Scape Dolls, the gameplay is exactly the same from the Sega official servers, except Ephinea added lots of enhanced gimmicks, like PSO2 drop system, Hunter's Boost Road, Improved drop tables, Daily Luck System and a few brand new custom cosmetic items. They are not vanilla, yeah, Ephinea is much better than vanilla PSO. I would never play a Vanilla PSOBB again without their improvements. They gave a new life to the vanilla experience.

I'm not trying to give arguments for a Ultima vs Ephinea debate, because I really think this is silly. I'm just trying to clear some misconceptions here, plus, they have different goals, so there's just not much point in saying X server is better than Y server.

1 hour ago, Emewn said:

The Ephinea community is nowhere as "toxic" as our community.

1 hour ago, Emewn said:

If the monster properties were reverted to vanilla, then yeah some weapons would have to get an adjustment. Hence why perhaps it may be too late to make an serious adjustment on enemy and weapons status without displeasing half of the community.

I'd rather see a new difficult over Ultimate being implemented over making the stupidly buffed monsters getting even more buffed.

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 1

My opinion is the same as Kikori and some others in that Monsters' Evp and elemental resistances should be lower because the former creates a pay-to-win situation, which I despise while the latter makes nuke forces irrelevant aside from ep4 except if they have extremely high tier rods. The rest (Atp def etc) is fine by me.

To answer the question of the poll, I'd rather have the enemies closest to Ultima rather than Vanilla.

Edited by bobshlibidich